forum

The Bossfight Topic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Epic bossfights go

(inb4 every other post is sephiroth or something like that, or other generic crap)

Omega Zero - MMZX
Slain087
Valukar (or however it's written) - GS2; Don't tell me stealing your summons and forcing them out isn't novel.
Star Magician - GS2; Fuck you and your balls.
Demifiend (I think - he's the optional boss) - DDS; I mean, come on, he's so overpowered you're essentially a random encounter to him, with Nocturne music to match.
Yukari Yakumo - Perfect Cherry Blossom; Sure, most of it is a harder rehash of the Extra boss' attacks, but the last couple of attacks were suitably epic.
Saturos
adam2046
The big snake thing in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
But only because it was so damn hard for me, that I only realised that I had risen from my seat at the end of it (needless to say I put the game away for a while.).

Fights with Nemisis/Burkin/Mr.X Res Evil 2 & 3
Jarby
Giant Butterfly Pope from Grandia II.

I laughed hysterically. The boss battles before it are hard, then the game shoves this in your face as a final battle. The whole setting is pretty epic, with a fancy battle theme and end-of-the-world background, but it doesn't even have any special techniques, just basic magic that you can learn in the first quarter of the game.
m980
All M&L Bosses GO!
Ivalset
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
I would say Flandre Scarlet in EoSD, but I haven't gotten that far. I've only watched on YouTube.

... shit i forgot what i was gonna say. I have some of them, but I'm coming up blank.
[Youmu]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pokebis
Shadow Barkley from Charles Barkley's Shut up and Jam: Gaiden
The first form of it is the one winged angel. THE FIRST FORM!
YoshiKart

m980 wrote:

All M&L Bosses GO!
And Paper Mario 2.
awp
adam2046
Pyramid head was epic just by standing around.

On the topic of Shadow of the Colossus, I liked they big beardy guy because...you know, the beard.
VincentLaw
SotC is epic and flawless as game but is easy even in hard time attack mode

hmmm hard boss...

Yiazmat from Final Fantasy XII

50million HP is Lotsa Fun =D
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Oh, wait, the final boss(es) in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were both pretty epic as well.
TRIANGLE MASHAN
Detective Tuesday

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Omega Zero - MMZX
Indeed.

In fact, each last boss fights in the Zero games are incredibly epic.
jonathan_old
Neo@lex
Ganon - LoZ:WoG
Running dude - Cheetah Men II
That robot that sounds like C3PO - Halo 3
Robotnik with the ball thing - Sonic the Hedgehog
Robotnik with the hammer thing - Sonic 2
Super Metal Sonic - Sonic & Knuckles
Mouser - SMB2
Koron - DDMS: Duo
The Tank - Left4Dead
GLaDOS - Portal
Zant - LoZ: TP
Chaos 0 - Sonic Adventure
Flying Dog - Sonic Adventure 2
Ripto - Spyro 2
GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK.

Also, does Uboa count as a boss fight?
Metroid
awp
Gaadjin
Here's my definition of epic: The Vigoorian Emperor from Ninja Gaiden (Xbox).
Ivalset

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Oh, wait, the final boss(es) in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were both pretty epic as well.
TRIANGLE MASHAN
Kingdom Hearts was a movie, not a game.
show more