forum

Going from Mouse tapping to Keyboard tapping after 7 years

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheCleaner
Hey there,

I am very unhappy how things are with my current gameplay in Osu!.

After seven years playing (sometimes consistently, sometimes not), i am running against a wall of improving my skills.

The thing is i played the whole seven years with tapping "Mouse 1", while maintaining streams and such with the right click of the Keybord pressing it alternately, sounds odd and it is.

I was thinking for quite a while now if it is worth throwing my experience and muscle memory with this playstyle and trying improving on Keyboard only. I tried many times to change that but who would have thought that my performence is going to get worste (͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°) .

By the fact i wasn't improving much i got back to my "normal" type of playstyle and went with the flow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to collect opinions about whether it is still worth changing after 7 years of gaming with this playstyle or whether it would be smarter to focus on the current type of play.

I know some people have success in playing their own way, but i don't really know if i can see me do better than six star difficulty with these long streams in particular.

Thanks for listening and thanks for your comment in advance.
AquaTail
if you got to where you are today, i don't see a reason to change it, though as the guy above said, it will not hurt to experiment with multiple styles, its not like your gonna lose your ability to play with one style if you switch to the other, you can always come back to what you find most comfortable.
Topic Starter
TheCleaner

AquaTail wrote:

if you got to where you are today, i don't see a reason to change it, though as the guy above said, it will not hurt to experiment with multiple styles, its not like your gonna lose your ability to play with one style if you switch to the other, you can always come back to what you find most comfortable.

true