forum

osu! (b20121008) bug [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XenoWarrior
I've never actually found a bug in osu! until today. So, what basically happened was changing windows to full screen I kept getting an error saying my GPU's shader is too low (1.1 an below), I defiantly know its not my GPU. specs are as follows:

ATi Radeon 5450 HD
2GB Dedicated DDR3 VideoRam with DX11 support.
Pixel shader version: 5.0
Resolution: 1440x900
Then when it changes to full-screen, I get a 1440x900 view on the top corner of the screen.
Image: http://puu.sh/1cMtE

-Game settings were at:
DirectX > FPS: unlimited
Detail Settings > All selected apart from "Low-end PC"
Set at native resolution
-Xeno
Anzo
Same bug here...

deadman80
I've been getting this bug too, but I finally figured out what was causing it (at least on my system.)
I was getting the same error message anytime I tried to open osu! while I had a video opened up in MPC (Media Player Classic, setup to utilize as much of the graphics card as possible for video playback.) ^^;; As I am an anime junkie who always has something playing on my second monitor, it took me a while to realize that was the common thread to when I was seemingly randomly allowed to open osu!

I suggest you try to turn off as many programs that may access your graphics card as possible, then try opening osu! You might find the culprit that way.

^^
Topic Starter
XenoWarrior

deadman80 wrote:

I've been getting this bug too, but I finally figured out what was causing it (at least on my system.)
I was getting the same error message anytime I tried to open osu! while I had a video opened up in MPC (Media Player Classic, setup to utilize as much of the graphics card as possible for video playback.) ^^;; As I am an anime junkie who always has something playing on my second monitor, it took me a while to realize that was the common thread to when I was seemingly randomly allowed to open osu!

I suggest you try to turn off as many programs that may access your graphics card as possible, then try opening osu! You might find the culprit that way.

^^
The funny thing is, osu! was the only app using my GPU memory (apart from the Windows Aero Theme", but that never has changed the way osu! is played. The first thing I checked was GPU activity and osu used was using 100% when it was glitched. Other times it's like 10-20%. Of course, since the major update a day back, I was actually expecting something to go wrong after reading peppys post.
Topic Starter
XenoWarrior

Anzo-nii wrote:

Same bug here...

I thought others may have found it.
peppy
When this happens, can check the values of FullscreenWidth and FullscreenHeight in your osu!.username.cfg file?
deadman80
Are you using two monitors like I am? That seems to put a rather large/difficult load on the GPU.. I figured out what the osu! bug was because I had a video file playing fullscreen on my external monitor and World of Warcraft kept crashing on start w/ a GPU error. When I put the video into windowed mode, WoW was able to start. Took me a bit to connect this problem to osu! since it was giving me a differently worded error popup, but solution was the same.

I'm on a 5yo laptop with a 1200x800 screen + external 1920x1080 monitor connected by VGA cable.
Graphics card: NVDIA GeForce 8600M GT, 256MB
Anzo
It's fixed now...
peppy
Yep, marking resolved.