forum

[osu!mania] Different key bindings for different key amounts [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +109
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
I want different keysets for all keymodes, because that to me is much more convenient.

4K- D, F, J, K.
5K- S, D, F or J ,K ,L.
6K- S, D, F, J, K, L.
7k- A, S, D, F or J, K, L, ;.
8K- A, S, D, F, J, K, L, ;.
Corin
Exactly what I was talking about.
MMzz
You can't just make the keybinds yourself?

Having the duel key for the middle is useless for osu!mania.

The only reason DJMAX has this is because some 7k-5k songs have 1/4 beats on the middle key, so you don't have to spam one finger.

Corin
He means like this I think MMzz.
Kim Jin Seok
Support

+1
jemhuntr
the only thing that needs to be added is the 2nd key binding for the center key. i actually can't play on 5-key or 7-key with the space >.<

support. have my invisible stars xD
qlum
I would love to see more freedom in the binding depending on the button mode.

for example I would want:
4B: D, F, K, L
5B: S,D, F or K, L, ;
6B S, D, F, k, L,;
7B A, S, D, F or K, L, ;, '
8B A, S, D, F, K, L, ;, '
Lno
Support~
Cristian
Got my attention. :3
Big and Busty
I can't play 8k and 7k together, i have to go and remap all the fucking keybindings... Just because I want to have 7 key as qwe(space) iop and 8 key as asdf jkl;

And that's retarded.
Gl3ny
I propose to borrow another keybind feature to borrow from DJmax Trilogy: Allowing you to have specific binds for each Key mode. This is useful because sometimes certain anti-key-ghosting setups don't work for all key modes. My keybinds in DJmax are an example, I use "QWE OP[" for 6K and 'XCVB OP[]" for 8K because the set-up for 6K allows me to hit all 6 keys simultaneously. However when trying to add another key to either side of that on my keyboard the new keys only allow another one in addition to itself to be pressed at the same time. So I use the 8K set-up because each key can be pressed with an additional 4 other keys simultaneously.
[Dellirium]

Big and Busty wrote:

I can't play 8k and 7k together, i have to go and remap all the fucking keybindings... Just because I want to have 7 key as qwe(space) iop and 8 key as asdf jkl;

And that's retarded.
^ this.
We need per-mode key bindings, probably in *K.ini or something.
Miffi

Big and Busty wrote:

And that's retarded.

I agree with him. It's just unfair for players who played DJ MAX Trilogy as their main music game. (Space key is not used for hitting notes, they are meant to activate the Fever, which could duplicate the score.)
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

Mirrof123 wrote:

(Space key is not used for hitting notes, they are meant to activate the Fever, which could duplicate the score.)
*multiple. (x5 -is maximum multiplier. In portable 3 and Black Square limit may be increased to x7.) :D
jemhuntr
unfortunately, the request on the first post is not so related to what people's comments are proposing. Maybe edit it into something more specific like "Multiple Key Bindings For Mania" or "[osu!mania] Different Key Bindings Per Game Mode"
I'm pretty sure peppy doesn't have the time to read all comments. Especially if the first post or the thread title is not so catchy.
I could help you on some images to help visualize the idea.

And one more thing, please don't compare it to DJMAX since it sounds to me like we're trying to imitate the features.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
I did not understand what
they say ... And I want
someone from the
development team itself
played in DJMAX, because, in
my opinion, is the most
comfortable rhythm of this
type of game for the PC, from
which you can take a lot of
good ideas. Yes ... Again, I
translated it into Google
Translate.
-----
Yeah! It's my 300 post! ;3
TheVileOne
Archangel, you should update this thread to include the option to map different keysets per key mode. this thread is getting support mainly because people want to map 4 Key differently than 5/6 key and different than 8 key etc. So if you don't want this idea denied because peppy/woc is not going to let you map the middle key to two keys, you better update the thread's main point to something more useful and desired.

It is futile to doubt my opinion in this matter. Your original idea as it's stated in the OP is invalid.
Hanyuu
Yeah support because i dont want to change my keys all the time when i change game mode
Gl3ny
The suggestion in his original post was what I was looking for to begin with, I also would like to have 2 separate key binds for the center key. I was just simply adding to the suggestions and giving an example. I don't think his original suggestion is futile, I think he should just add the other suggestions mentioned as well. They would all benefit everyone and wouldn't be taking anything away.
asl97
why is this post getting so many stars?!
anyway, just use a controller and Xpadder and you can map it to this:
4B: <,^, ∆, ○
5B: <,^,> and □, ∆, ○ (I use and because you can really map 2 button to 1 key)
6B:<,^,>,□, ∆, ○
7B: L,<,^, > and □, ∆, ○,R (same here)
8B: L,<,^, >,□, ∆, ○,R
Gl3ny

asl97 wrote:

why is this post getting so many stars?!
anyway, just use a controller and Xpadder and you can map it to this:
4B: <,^, ∆, ○
5B: <,^,> and □, ∆, ○ (I use and because you can really map 2 button to 1 key)
6B:<,^,>,□, ∆, ○
7B: L,<,^, > and □, ∆, ○,R (same here)
8B: L,<,^, >,□, ∆, ○,R
Although I do love playing djmax on my PSP doing this would be detrimental to playing OSU!mania and djmax trilogy because some charts have button combos that cannot be easily pressed with a controller. For example: < and > or square and circle. Also the only controller I have laying around is a 360 controller which would be horrible for this because of the awful dpad. XP
DJKero

Archangel Tirael wrote:

I want DJMAX: Trilogy keysets for all keymodes, because that to me is much more convenient.

4K- D, F, J, K.
5K- S, D, F or J ,K ,L.
6K- S, D, F, J, K, L.
7k- A, S, D, F or J, K, L, ;.
8K- A, S, D, F, J, K, L, ;.
Can you wide the Feature Request a bit more?

Instead of Adding DJMax Keyset would be better if "Adding Per-Key-Mode Keybind and Layout"

So that can include EZ2DJ and much more than just DJMax... I just... Mind...

Although, Mania is intended to do this in some time, i think woc knows all of this and he want it too...
MillhioreF
I have changed the title to something more relevant (since I had a hard time finding this thread)
Lno
Just to verify, this is for the center key to be able to be bound to two different keys (DJ Max TR style) and for 8k to be able to be bound to a more reasonable set correct?
Gl3ny
Not just 8k. It would be wonderful if we could get separate key setups for 4k, 5k, 6k 7k and 8k.
Mr Gaddy
All my support.
I've never played any DJMAX game or anything, and I pretty much like this new gamemode in osu!
Though the keybindings are VERY confusing. I'd love to be able to set my own keybindings for each difficulty level so it's actually playable.
show more