Topic Starter
ouranhshc
HappyRocket88
(ノ・ω・)ノ
Avena
>ultra
wow no
Karen
Nothing to say on this map, so Qualified.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
YAY ALMOST THERE:
P o M u T a
oh, nice came at last
-Visceral-
Hey :) Can someone explain how the DMCA stuff works to me? How is this map rankable when the other 2 maps with this exact song that are already ranked have had their downloads removed?
Yuii-
Map has to be ranked and then they have to make the report.
Every map is rankable when it comes to "copyright". So don't worry about DMCA stuff when mapping!
Nerova Riuz GX
ouran is back
Im proud of you
Next time qualify a map when im not sleeping plz
Okoratu
wait if i take this correctly you adjusted adjusted the diffnames to fit a rule which isn't active? besides that rule would have allowed you to call that diff Extra instead of Ultra or whatever o.o?
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
everytime I get an email notification for this map, I get worried because I think it might be a mod post
Okoratu
Why does feedback worry you?
VINXIS
i worry about everyhting okorinchankun..
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
EDIT:

Okorin wrote:

wait if i take this correctly you adjusted adjusted the diffnames to fit a rule which isn't active? besides that rule would have allowed you to call that diff Extra instead of Ultra or whatever o.o?
When Happy rebubbled the map, the ranking council had posted the new ranking criteria which was reverted to the old criteria. I adjusted the diff names to fit that criteria. It required two insane diffs and highest difficulty was labeled as "Ultra".I did this in case that criteria change wasn't reverted seeing how long it can take to get a map ranked.

EDIT #2:
#Realtalk : when you have been working on a map for a long time and you have to make to do extra stuff to make a more better suited for today's ranked standards. The map was first bubbled 5 months ago, and for both two periods in which it was bubbled before someone looked at the map. Sometimes it is discouraging when you're waiting for your map to be looked and there are maps bubbled for maybe a week with lower SP just zooming past. Then you start thinking about how it sat on the front page of pending beatmaps, and you ask yourself the question, "why mod it now when it's basically been in your face for essentially 4 months. As you can see by the thread, I first uploaded the map almost 4 years ago, and it was only the Insane (Ultra) diff, which is actually over 4 years old. So yeah, i'm very attached to this to this mapset because it helped me become more comfortable with mapping streams. If you spend that much time on a map, you would hope that there won't be any setback when you are this close to having it ranked. I still have a copy of it from 2013 ( http://puu.sh/oPPsk/6508bff4eb.osz ). Just in general, some of with the hoops that people go through just to get to the qualified stage I would think that they would prefer to not have any setbacks or delays.
Okoratu
That criteria says if you have 2 or 3 extras (not the case or possible here) you have to label the higher rated one as ultra.

What you did seems really weird to me because you just have the ultra
Topic Starter
ouranhshc

Okorin wrote:

That criteria says if you have 2 or 3 extras (not the case or possible here) you have to label the higher rated one as ultra.

Does it really matter now though?
7ambda

Okorin wrote:

Depends if you count black another diff as a light extra. Besides, it's just a diff name.
Nerova Riuz GX
For the current rc, the diffnames are fine.
I don't think it is worth for that much discussion.
Also, it isn't related to the map's quality.
Krimek
Can I ask what circles like 00:01:380 (4) - , 00:03:489 (2) - , 00:04:462 (2) - and so on are mapped on? I can't really hear any sound that would support these >_>
Topic Starter
ouranhshc

Krimek wrote:

Can I ask what circles like 00:01:380 (4) - , 00:03:489 (2) - , 00:04:462 (2) - and so on are mapped on? I can't really hear any sound that would support these >_>
Its just me adding a little variety to the simple rhythm while retain the core beats of the rhythm. its not an uncommon thing in maps.
Krimek

ouranhshc wrote:

well, there is a piano playing this basic rhythm throughout the intro:

and yes, it is audible.
When it comes up to your sliderplacement, yes. But the circles are for sure not audible. Listening closely to for example the circles I pointed out I can't really hear anything. And I'm not talking about the notes you can hear for a bit. And even if, it doesn't really make sense to place objects on something you can't even hear.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc

Krimek wrote:

ouranhshc wrote:

well, there is a piano playing this basic rhythm throughout the intro:

and yes, it is audible.
When it comes up to your sliderplacement, yes. But the circles are for sure not audible. Listening closely to for example the circles I pointed out I can't really hear anything. And I'm not talking about the notes you can hear for a bit. And even if, it doesn't really make sense to place objects on something you can't even hear.
its to add variety to the basic rhythm. This isn't uncommon in maps. It's present in many maps.
Krimek

ouranhshc wrote:

its to add variety to the basic rhythm. This isn't uncommon in maps. It's present in many maps.
Comparing your map with others is no good excuse and does not really improve mapquality by keeping issues just because it worked out somewhere else.
I think the map should follow the song and not just an idea if it doesn't match up with the song. Also there are many other ways to bring some variety in without using circles that doesn't fit. It's not really "overmapped" but that's what it in fact does at this point. Sure keep it if you want to, I'm just saying my opinion~
Stjpa
There are a lot of objects that are snapped on literally nothing like 00:25:948 (5) and so on. Also the patterns afterwards are really confusing because you map it inconsistent (so basically no doubles anymore later on, really nowhere).

Also I dislike 01:19:867 (4) because it doesn't share the same music pattern (?) like the previous two.

01:23:435 (1,2,3,4) - Why not just 1/12 kickslider or something? Would feel less empty then.

Also, may I ask why you use 80% hitsound volume in the beginning which isn't really loud nor intense? Compared to the part at 01:49:380 (1) it's a bit weird.
Okoratu
am i the only one who can hear the sounds he mapped in the intro even at 100%?
the doublets work fine ?
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
O: yay its ranked
7ambda
Congrats.
Lince Cosmico_old
Can i ask why it have no kiai? o.o