forum

Tied scores worth equal pp [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +156
show more
Sakura

theowest wrote:

Sounds more like an issue than a feature.
Try this forum: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/5
It's not an issue if it's intentional so this is the correct forum:

Also Supporting, Reminds me of that guy that got a map ranked without spinners and wanted to be informed by the BAT when they ranked their map so that he could take place #1 forever.
theowest
I guess I could support it then, a few of my top pp scores are ties.
winber1
i'm too cool for tied top scores.

support
Flanster

Sakura wrote:

Reminds me of that guy that got a map ranked without spinners and wanted to be informed by the BAT when they ranked their map so that he could take place #1 forever.
Dafuq!Anyways supporting this!
silmarilen
totally supporting.
ann_old
Sounds fair, support.
scorpjke
yeah, it would be much fairer ^^
support
XPJ38
Support!

0 votes remaining :(
bwross
Seems only fair.

(I tend to tie only with myself, which is naturally worth 0pp.)
Tommy Yang
Glory to the suggestion, heil kyou-kun
PhiLL A
plus one
Aqo
Not that I'll ever get a top score but this just makes so much sense

+support
Nikki_old_1
I totes support this. X0X0
karma_komodo
But then the system would have to take in account all the tied scores, and not just simple ranks. For this you would have to compare every single score from rank 1 to 500. Lets say that those 500 ranks are tied in 1st place, then the ranks would be #1, #1, #1...#501. I can see this will have issues everywhere... But its fair. However, those cases are rare, except in easy maps that dont give pp at all, but its fair. Anyways i support it...
VoidnOwO
:)
Full Tablet

BRBP wrote:

is PP only looking at the scores and ranks? For example, I got roughly a 6m score on a song, didn't get any PP, but when I got 5,7m in the same song with Nightcore, it gave me PP.

Back to the real topic: Support
Only the record with most score counts.
Topic Starter
Ohrami

ArmandoR wrote:

But then the system would have to take in account all the tied scores, and not just simple ranks. For this you would have to compare every single score from rank 1 to 500. Lets say that those 500 ranks are tied in 1st place, then the ranks would be #1, #1, #1...#501. I can see this will have issues everywhere... But its fair. However, those cases are rare, except in easy maps that dont give pp at all, but its fair. Anyways i support it...
This situation never ever happens.
MillhioreF

Kyou-kun wrote:

It does on really easy Easy diffs with no spinners, you get 200+ all-mod SS scores.
But those maps give absolutely pathetic PP anyway, so...
Tanomoshii Nekojou

deadbeat wrote:

Tom69 wrote:

I support this. Seems fair.
pretty much this. is someone's score is equal to another. then pp should be given equally
I AGREE SO MUCH.... LETS MAKE IT FAIR AND SQUARE... :D :D :D :D :D :D
ann_old

Kyou-kun wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/35952
Sanae Kochiya
I support it +14
JappyBabes
same performance should = same performance points
Tom69_old
This would make a lot of things fairer. Thrown "some" stars. ~
deadbeat
[peppy] Fix pp inaccuracy when tied #1 ranks are involved (now correctly awards based on date achieved).
more or less added
Topic Starter
Ohrami

deadbeat wrote:

[peppy] Fix pp inaccuracy when tied #1 ranks are involved (now correctly awards based on date achieved).
more or less added
Is that really adding the feature? He said it awards based on the date achieved. That still doesn't necessarily mean that they are getting equal pp for it, and sounds more like the person who set the score first will gain more pp (as was already in place, though appeared to be glitched), so I think it isn't accurate to say it was added already.

Plus, I remember seeing a thread where a person was complaining that when someone got equal points to him on a map, it would wipe the score from his top 10 list and put it into the other guy's. That sounds more like was was being addressed. So no, I wouldn't say this was added quite yet.
peppy
By date is correct.
deadbeat
people have all ways been rewarded more for doing something first.
i think its fine like this
Topic Starter
Ohrami

deadbeat wrote:

But it isn't what I requested

If peppy doesn't want it, then at least just put it in [invalid] or something so I can be more angry about it
JappyBabes

peppy wrote:

By date is correct.
You should probably rename performance points then, seeing as you're not willing to give identical pp to identical performances. Also, date is not correct. If a player signs up but ties on a #1 within a few months of playing for example, and the original player in #1 has been playing for 2 years prior, why does the other #1 have less value?
Topic Starter
Ohrami

deadbeat wrote:

is someone's score is equal to another. then pp should be given equally

deadbeat wrote:

lol

Anyway, is anyone going to move this to where it should be?
MillhioreF
It's already in the Completed Requests forum, I can't move it back. And besides, I think it was peppy who marked it as added, so there's no going back on his word!
Topic Starter
Ohrami

MillhioreF wrote:

It's already in the Completed Requests forum, I can't move it back. And besides, I think it was peppy who marked it as added, so there's no going back on his word!
it was deadbeat

it wasn't added
MillhioreF
Oh okay, uhhhhhh... hmm. This definitely wasn't added, and it doesn't look like peppy wants to add it, so I'll change it to invalid, I guess? It's the most I can do at this point.
deadbeat
sorry x.x
Tanomoshii Nekojou

MillhioreF wrote:

Oh okay, uhhhhhh... hmm. This definitely wasn't added, and it doesn't look like peppy wants to add it, so I'll change it to invalid, I guess? It's the most I can do at this point.
My GAH.... WHY? :o :o Soooo many stars, eh? :o :o :o