forum

Thinking of getting a tablet? Endless questions? Read this

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Hikaros
what is the point if you don't aim that high? xD changing to a gaming keyboard for osu is like changing from mouse to tablet lol ( besides i found playing with tablet way more fun than mouse). If anything helps and can afford it, why not? :P
Waryas
mech board will help you if you hit your current cap with a normal board tbh.
if you switch to a mech board when you can't even use your rubber properly you'll be at the same level really.
Topic Starter
Hikaros
I'll gift it away if i can't even start to keep up with the speed of certain deathstreams ;)

besides that was a quote from what he said haha. a mech keyboard has way more adventages than just what he said. I thought you guys were going to look further into those words and not just stay and focus just in that, just stating 'one' of the things there. but anyways not intending to start a discussion about this lol.

Now that i realize it, this is getting off topic. lets stop here. This is a thread for tablet info not comparison between keyboards efficiency and what not.
Shael_old
i hav mech kb and i stream 400bpm 1/8 streams ez with 1 finger
Wishy
You noob I can do over 5k BPM by just looking at it.
Equivalent_old
I can do 6k BPM with virtual keyboard
Shael_old
lol u guys sck hard since i have tablet i do fl dt hr hd banned forever SS fc
lkjl23
Hika
I don't know why but when I started playing tablet, it was VERY hard for me which is why I quit osu! last summer; I found hovering & smashing my keyboard too hard, no problem with the pen though, I never had any pain. :U
Starrodkirby86
Gee, are we comparing bench presses or what?

I find it funny how Page 2's getting entirely off-kilter. Let's get back on track, okay guys?

(p.s. Thanks Hika <33)
Xiao_old
I've been playing longer than most of my mouse friends and they're FCing songs I can't even pass. Tablet is far from the magical tool to become a 300bpm DT deathmap master; is it really that hard to grasp? Some people will improve, some won't.

I'm a veteran rhythm gamer and I still suck balls at osu!. Maybe I'm just bad at this game in particular.
thelewa

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

I wish those ignorants would just read this and shut the fuck up eternally on this matter. Good topic there.

In related news, remind me to kill those who buy tablets just for playing osu!
why you kill me

edit: I also bought 2 mechanical keyboards that I'm gonna make some ghettoreds with just to play osu.
Hika

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I find it funny how Page 2's getting entirely off-kilter. Let's get back on track, okay guys?

(p.s. Thanks Hika <33)
<3

Also, I don't see a point in just buying a new keyboard JUST to stream on osu!. I also don't see a point in buying a 400$ tablet just to play this game but if you want..sure go ahead.
Equivalent_old
Consider buying a new laptop for the next month salary. Mainly for gaming (Osu! ftw <3 but not for sole purpose of gaming of course. My laptop kinda old anyway :cry:
Xiao_old

Hika wrote:

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

(p.s. Thanks Hika <33)
<3

Also, I don't see a point in just buying a new keyboard JUST to stream on osu!. I also don't see a point in buying a 400$ tablet just to play this game but if you want..sure go ahead.
You can get a tablet for well under 100 dollars. Within that price range, it's no different than buying Band Hero/Rock Band peripherals. Nobody seems to have a problem with that. What's wrong with buying a tablet just for osu?
Hika
That's not it, I mean, I have my own but the thought of spending 400$ on an expensive tablet..then having the person think 'oh well I'm going to be super pro if I use this!', seems pretty pointless to me.
Wishy
You noobs buying stuff for playing this I pay some asian guy to play using my name so my e-***** grows bigger and bigger everyday.
KRZY
mfw people cannot talk about skill without making every effort to subtly brag about their own.
Randy96
it's the same as buying rock band peripherals
Ijah_old
When I was a mouse user, it would take ages to get 100m points, but after reaching 400 after 5 months,
I got a wacom bamboo MTE450.

Since then I reached the #9999+ ranks within a matter of weeks and gained many top 40s (also achieving 500m points within a few days).

A tablet is definitely the fast track to becoming pro, but mice are harder and take much longer to become pro using, but once you do get good with one, you can get great accuracy with them as opposed to the tablet.

And as Cookiezi said in the osu!monthly, good hardware is half, skill and experience is the other half.
Topic Starter
Hikaros
i wouldn't buy a kb just to stream hahaha, i just liked the idea in general of a gaming kb besides the kb i have sucks haha. now about the tablet and mouse improvement thing is like what one guy said: some people are good with mouse and some are not. is all about the person i believe. as for me, it did help me improve a lot.

a matter of getting new equipment for a game is just efforts to try something different and improve. everything depends on the goals you have. some people (if not most) plays only for fun (which i do too) but i'm the kind of competitive player who wants to improve no matter what, if not, i would just play this game for like 1 hour a day if not less.

it is like this other game i play (Pangya) which is about golf online. you can play using math (which is hard as fck to do it properly) or just randomly shooting (guessing). People is ALWAYS in conflict there in how the game should be played but the ones who always complains are the ones who does not use math saying it is unfair and what not, but they have no idea how much effort, endless hours and study it takes, that is what makes the fun in the game for me.

people in this forum seems to love to troll. thought they would be more serious, kinda sad.
lkjl23
Wishy
Believe it or not mechanical keyboards are really helpful if not just necessary for some stuff, but this thread is about hacks I mean tablets so not kb chat.
Topic Starter
Hikaros

NeverDie wrote:

Hikaros wrote:

people in this forum seems to love to troll. thought they would be more serious, kinda sad.
ROFL!!! dang! u got me there :<
Mithos
Two days with the tablet, I was already beating older scores that I had with the mouse, and many beatmaps are getting easier to complete. I got the hang of it at the 1 hour mark, and got used to hover+zx in another. I haven't improved enough that I can do insanes (I was doing hards before) but I feel that if I sat down and forced myself to retry an insane, I would get it faster than with a mouse.
Topic Starter
Hikaros
i believe that's what a lot of tablet players call the "learning curve", which means it becomes easier to play haha but yeah, you still gotta play s--tloads to get better haha.

Just keep practicing and you will see yourself improving seriously fast.
Equivalent_old

Hikaros wrote:

i believe that's what a lot of tablet players call the "learning curve", which means it becomes easier to play haha but yeah, you still gotta play s--tloads to get better haha.

Just keep practicing and you will see yourself improving seriously fast.
Iunno, I only use like 3 hours to get used to tablet, about 3 days get to the new level. Maybe because I am more familiar using my left hand in this case.
Kodoshi

JesusYamato wrote:

mech board will help you if you hit your current cap with a normal board tbh.
if you switch to a mech board when you can't even use your rubber properly you'll be at the same level really.
i'm the living example
TiraMizsu
well im a new member just start playing osu for bout 1 month going 2 month and im started to able to play some insane beat but my spin is really suck that after spin i will unable to control myself anymore so if the beatmap contain beat after spin i sure die so for this reason i think im going to tablet user.....so my point is mouse user need more effort to trian more than a tablet user???
silmarilen

Mithost wrote:

Two days with the tablet, I was already beating older scores that I had with the mouse, and many beatmaps are getting easier to complete. I got the hang of it at the 1 hour mark, and got used to hover+zx in another. I haven't improved enough that I can do insanes (I was doing hards before) but I feel that if I sat down and forced myself to retry an insane, I would get it faster than with a mouse.
i can also beat older scores with my mouse which i played with the same mouse.
just because you get a tablet does not mean you are automaticly better, it may also mean that you jsut got a bit better at the game and think the tablet was the reason.

i bought a new pc and since i have that new pc ive been FCing maps i couldnt FC before, does that mean the pc is the reason? no, it just means i got a bit better at the game.