Jonathan Coulton & GLaDOS - Want You Gone

posted
Total Posts
show more
OzzyOzrock

RANK THIS
Gonzvlo
[General]
  1. Tags: Remove 'Derekku' since he is not in the collab anymore. Free kudosu \o/
  2. Preview Time is not the same for all the diffs. (Normal & Taiko)
  3. The 2nd Combo Colour looks more like Pink than Orange, try this one: '248,184,52'
  4. Taiko: The BG doesn't show the 'Map by OzzyOzrock' part while playing, is this intended?
[Easy]
  1. 01:26:740 (1) - I would start this spinner 1/2 earlier, it fits better the music than the vocals.
  2. Quite nice, my only complaint here is that the hitsounds were a bit iffy, sometimes it sounds too empty, sometimes the claps are not fitting, sometimes the whistles are placed too close to each other, well nothing too important.
[Emdyion's Normal]
  1. 00:18:940 (5) - I find this circle too hard to hit and read for [Normal]. I strongly suggest to remove this circle and then add a repeat to this slider: 00:18:040 (4) -
  2. 01:18:940 (1) - This jumps was too unexpected imo. Use distance snap like you did with the previous pattern like this one (00:38:140 (1)) the jump is too big for [Normal].
  3. I didn't like the design of this diff much, most of the sliders could be improved a lot, same for the pattern design. Many of the sliders were overlapping each other, this could be easily avoided. Read this guide and see if you can improve some of the sliders included in your diff.
[Hard]
  1. 00:38:140 (1,2,3) - Whoa... this spacing. It wasn't too bad while playing, but it's still a bit confusing. I'm almost sure that this wasn't intentional, you just forgot to flip (2) again. Also, (2) looks cramped, try something like this.
  2. 01:26:740 (1) - Same as [Easy] I think this spinner fits more the music than the vocals, you should start it 1/2 earlier.
  3. Awesome, I don't see any major problems here.
[Collab Potato]
  1. Perhaps, re-name it to 'Potato Collab'?
  2. (Teta)--------00:33:040 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I would remove (7) from this stream, it doesn't sound good, it feels kinda off.
  3. (Animask)----00:47:440 (X) - I totally expected a circle here, it fits perfectly the vocals. I strongly suggest to add it.
  4. (Animask)----00:52:240 (X) - Same here ^
  5. (Animask)----00:57:040 (X) - Yeah, I'm still convinced that those circles would fit perfectly this part of the song.
  6. (-Kevincela-)-01:21:340 (5) - You should make this slider end 1/2 earlier to match the other diffs, it sounds better too, so consider doing it.
  7. (Lilac)---------01:34:840 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This stream sounds a bit empty, you should add some hitsounds. Some soft whistles should be enough but alternating with the 'Normal Override' would make it sounds awesome.
  8. (Behonkiss)--01:56:440 - Why the sudden change to 'Soft Override' the music didn't change, it's the same as 01:46:840 - where you used the 'Normal Override' you should use the same 'Hitsounds Override' if the music is the same, otherwise it doesn't make sense. 02:00:040 - This could be a great place to switch to the 'Soft Override'.
  9. I was quite 'awesome and odd' at the same time to see those vocals/rhythms mapped in completely different way by every mapper in this Collab.
Call me back when everything is fixed, I expect some improvements in [Normal] o/
-kevincela-

Gonzvlo wrote:

[Collab Potato]
  1. (-Kevincela-)-01:21:340 (5) - You should make this slider end 1/2 earlier to match the other diffs, it sounds better too, so consider doing it. You're right,fixed
Download: Jonathan Coulton & GLaDOS - Want You Gone (SapphireGhost) [Collab Potato].osu
Hamuko

Gonzvlo wrote:

[Collab Potato][list]
[*](Teta)--------00:33:040 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I would remove (7) from this stream, it doesn't sound good, it feels kinda off.
There is a beat there, remove (7) and listen at 50% speed. So yeah, not removing it~ ♪ •n•
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
Thank you for the mod, Gonzvlo! I changed most things but [Collab Potato] will stay as a reference to this. Thanks again, now waiting on the responses of the remaining collab members.

EDIT:

animask wrote:

I wasn't mapping the vocals there or at any of those parts.

Not Changing.
Now to wait for Lilac and Behonkiss.
Emdyion
Added Gonzvlo's mod.

I understand what you mean with the sliders. I fixed some sliders in between and I remapped the ending.

Download: Jonathan Coulton & GLaDOS - Want You Gone (SapphireGhost) [Emdyion's Normal].osu
Gonzvlo
Re-checked, the volume of the last spinner was increased so it's not completely silenced, everything else seems fine.

Bubbled.
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
Thanks Gonz, I now love you forever and I'm taking a picture of the brownie right now
theowest
oh man. too late to request a place I guess. ;C
OzzyOzrock
YOU CAN DO IT SAPPHY
-kevincela-

OzzyOzrock wrote:

YOU CAN DO IT SAPPHY
GOGOGOGOGO
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
Bubble popped for an update from Emdyion. Expect a Jibbaha mod quite soon ~
Gonzvlo
Some slider-shapes and pattern design modifications in [Normal].

Bubble repaired.
Charles445
keepin' the party goin' woowoo
bug someone
blissfulyoshi
Easy:
01:37:240 (2) - this would probably look better if it was a curved slider that followed 1

Emdyion's Normal:
00:17:140 (3) - new combo for new line of lyrics?
00:48:040 (3) - ^?
01:03:640 (2,1) - it would look a little better if these 2 sliders did not overlap each other

Hard: fine

Collab Potato:
00:54:940 (4) - with this note being covered by almost every note before it, it looks like a mess imo
01:03:340 (1,2,3,1) - looking at the overlaps, it is not very symmetric, and I guess that is contributing to how it does not look as neat as it should (normally I find the pattern fine....)
01:27:640 (3,4) and 01:31:690 (2,3) - not exactly sure what type of thing you were trying to make with this overlap, but I don't think it turned out that well.

Ozzy's Portaikol: fine

==========================
Decent mapset. I didn't find much wrong (mostly just personal things), so call me back when you did the changes you want.
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
Pop again, now waiting on animask, Emdyion, and Lilac ~
Emdyion
Added blissfulyoshi's mod.

Fixed some of the hitsounds as well :P

Download: Jonathan Coulton & GLaDOS - Want You Gone (SapphireGhost) [Emdyion's Normal].osu
Hamuko

Gooone?
Edit: Nvm, it's only in the subject, thought it was in the title too.
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost

Teta wrote:

Gooone?
Edit: Nvm, it's only in the subject, thought it was in the title too.
Title changing is pro. Also many thanks to Emdyion, now waiting on sir animask.
OzzyOzrock
Oh hey this is popped so, please capitalize the T in 'PorTaikol'. Otherwise I realized it doesn't stand out much
Charles445

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Oh hey this is popped so, please capitalize the T in 'PorTaikol'. Otherwise I realized it doesn't stand out much
Then you should probably also make the p lowercase
blissfulyoshi
Ranked!
That’s what I’m counting on.
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
Yaaay ~ thanks to everyone who has helped me and this beatmap along its way to ranking, it means a lot to me. So yeah, enjoy this and stuff!

SPOILER

OzzyOzrock wrote:

By the way we settled that it looks better without the capital T.
OzzyOzrock
MY MY AND

CHERRY PIE
CHERRY PIE
CHERRY PIE
AAAH
Charles445
Took long enough :P
Zelos

Charles445 wrote:

Took long enough :P
Haneii
Portaikol? lol, okay :)
-kevincela-
HELL YEEEEEEEEEAH! D:
NoHitter
Finally.
Hamuko
Yay.~
Katsuri
GRATZ :D
Sleep Powder
Sorry I took so long. :(
Emdyion
WOOT IT GOT RANKED XD
Gonzvlo
Finally this is ranked! Congrats Cake <3
ShadowzI_old
Just wanted to give you guys a background video. The video includes a typography animation by Fellini plus the original GLaDOS video. Pretty cool if you ask me.
AFter you download the file just extract the rar to the Want You Gone song and rename the .osb to the songs name
example on Osu the song is listed as "Jonathan Coulton & GLaDOS - Want You Gone (-insert cake maker-)" so the osb file has to be "Jonathan Coulton & GLaDOS - Want You Gone (-insert cake maker-).osb"
enjoy =P http://www.mediafire.com/?secpp5wy5g2g6jd

Skin by Loofah should be on here if you want more tweaks
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6241&st=0&sk=t&sd=a