Here's mine:
For portable purposes, and very long soundtrips:
My main headphones, due to it being very loud:

Quite simple, are they?
Lunah_old
siberia v2 \ : D /

FPS games fault.
sui__old
I've got lots of pairs here but this is the one I'm using right now.

Darkimmortal

Audio Technica AD700

Absolutely amazing with a bit of a bass boost from my Xonar DX's global equaliser
Vext_old
Mesita

=))
Shael_old
G35
Teras

Ever17 wrote:

4 dollars.
At least you bought em. I'm too lazy to buy new ones so when my headset with mic crashed I put my mic together with another pair of headphones instead so I didn't have to travel quite a bit to get a pair of new ones.
blobman000
For short amounts of time:
SPOILER

I was originally going to get Sennheisers, but these were 60%, so I got them instead. They're good for an hour or two, but then they start crushing my head.

For long amounts of time:
SPOILER

They're fairly good for $20, but at times, they seem to be loader on the side opposite the ear.
Colin Hou
AKG K450, works quite well with my Iaudio 9 player on classic and new age.

Ephemeral

2 years of wear and tear on 500 dollar headphones

yes that is my ceiling. i live in australia after all.
Jarby

Ephemeral wrote:

500 dollar headphones
Really?
Bobbias
This thread has a distinct lack of Grado headphones.

(stock photo directly from their site :P)
They look kinda lame, but the sound is really great. My GF payed for them, but the list price is $120 CAD. Only problem is that they are not that comfortable for extended listening, but after breaking them in, they have definitely improved since I got them.
D33d

Ephemeral wrote:

500 dollar headphones
Sounds like you'd got fisted. The 555s have always been mid tier.

Grados seem to be cool, but their lack of ergonomics and their mid-high spike makes them not what I'm really after.
TKiller
People do actually use headphones to listen to music at home.

My world got turned upside-down.
boat
cheaper to buy a pair of good headphones then to buy a good sound system
Kuran Deus
These:

and a normal Philips too(?
Dusalty
I have these weird headphones.

jjrocks

loe4boe wrote:

I have these weird headphones.
Yay for generic airline headphones.
0_o

Daru wrote:

Sony MDR XB-500
The ear cushions feel like giant marshmallows. :D
wooo headphone buddies

Though I find that they start hurt my (outer) ears after wearing them for a few hours. My ears toughened up after a few weeks, but I still find myself having to take brief breaks from wearing them every so often. Love the bass though.
Derekku

Yeah I really need to buy some decent headphones but I hardly use any so meh.
Kyonko Hizara

Admire the stain on my chair
Nekoroll
Updating this thread.

Prolong borrowing these AD700s. I might look a little silly but my stuff sounds pretty nice~

Firo Prochainezo
Nice bra/pajamas
dNextGen

Nekoroll wrote:

Updating this thread.

Prolong borrowing these AD700s. I might look a little silly but my stuff sounds pretty nice~

i came
bagnz0r
FisHie_old
I have Creative Fatal1ty headphones because I got them for 20€ long long time ago.
_lain

Audio Technica ATH AD700's, worth every penny.
bagnz0r
I'm amazed how people use earphones and earbuds. I wouldn't even touch them. Broken hearing? No thanks. I'll stick to my normal headphones.
_lain

bagnz0r wrote:

I'm amazed how people use earphones and earbuds. I wouldn't even touch them. Broken hearing? No thanks. I'll stick to my normal headphones.
Not to mention earbuds are pretty uncomfortable, especially for someone like me, with no earlobes ;)
r-Beatz
I hate headphones.
Currently using these, bought them for 17 pounds.
Corin

bagnz0r wrote:

So I heard you like She Music...
Cyclohexane

Does its job, still fairly easy to carry around, wire's a bit short though (1m)
Nharox
I love my Logitech G35.
bagnz0r

Mr Color wrote:

Does its job, still fairly easy to carry around, wire's a bit short though (1m)
You are happy to have as short wire as that. I have whopping 2.5m and it's quite annoying.
D33d

bagnz0r wrote:

That's a pretty ignorant sentiment. The solution is not turning one's music up to stupid volumes.

Decent earphones/IEMs will isolate enough outside noise that they are safer than the likes of Apple's crappy buds. It allows for the player's volume to be reduced considerably.
mathexpert
Soooo much better than my old $12 headphones.
Nazeko
Ekaru

They're cheap, uncomfortable, have horrible volume control, the cushioning is so thin it's like it's not there, and overall I do not recommend these shitty headphones at all.

'Course, I use these 'cuz they're cheap and because this comp has had no working speakers for like 5 years, so I'm used to wearing headphones. (and I'm too lazy to grab better ones from elsewhere in the house)
wolfn

Nekoroll wrote:

Logitech G35

:( Quite sad that it's showing cosmetic wear and tear after a couple years, but I do use them extensively and without a proper headset stand so it would mostly probably be my fault. I doubt it would be expensive to replace the parts though.

I have the same headset, I hope you don't have nearly as many problems with it as I do with mine. My headset cannot charge while being used, it fights to retain a charge on a wall charger, it disconnects and reconnects repeatedly throughout use (sometimes once an hour, sometimes 10 times a minute). Warranty expired, so Logitech pretty much fucked me, but I intend to use it until it's absolutely destroyed.
show more