forum

Otaku Culture Channel [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
show more
KRZY

Shiirn wrote:

I wholeheartedly and utterly disagree with all of my might.

We all know it would have one of the following issues:
A) Never be used a la #videogames (unlikely)
B) Will be populated by the fanbase of a certain orange-suited ninja or a large-sword-wielding dead teenager and nobody else will be able to get a word in edgewise
C) If B does not pan out, then there would still always be cases of people going I HAVENT SEEN X or OMG SPOILERS or some random thing people will complain about.

What i'm trying to say is that there isn't enough constant, incessant discussion about the topic suggested to warrant a channel (Unless you throw in #ctb or #taiko, hell, those topics get way more discussion than Anime X). Hell, whenever I feel like discussing the latest anime or what-have-you, i immediately go to my friends whom i know share a common interest rather than a public channel that i can rant my fanboi-ism in.
I wholeheartedly and utterly agree with all of my might.
Shael_old
do we need more oppurtunitys to show of how weaboo you are
RemmyX25

Shiirn wrote:

I wholeheartedly and utterly disagree with all of my might.

We all know it would have one of the following issues:
A) Never be used a la #videogames (unlikely)
B) Will be populated by the fanbase of a certain orange-suited ninja or a large-sword-wielding dead teenager and nobody else will be able to get a word in edgewise
C) If B does not pan out, then there would still always be cases of people going I HAVENT SEEN X or OMG SPOILERS or some random thing people will complain about.

What i'm trying to say is that there isn't enough constant, incessant discussion about the topic suggested to warrant a channel (Unless you throw in #ctb or #taiko, hell, those topics get way more discussion than Anime X). Hell, whenever I feel like discussing the latest anime or what-have-you, i immediately go to my friends whom i know share a common interest rather than a public channel that i can rant my fanboi-ism in.
I'm actually going to agree with this one here. Also, I'm afraid this is going to spark several other unnecessary topic chatrooms that we don't need. (#cooking anyone?)

Shael wrote:

do we need more oppurtunitys to show of how weaboo you are
I lol'd
Jarby
Otaku Culture is considerably more active than Video Games. Just saying. Why don't we add this channel on a trial basis for now? I'm all for demolishing #videogames either way though, so perhaps we can handle them both at the end of the period.
Gabi
Bring back #Touhou !
Sander-Don

Gabi wrote:

Bring back #Touhou !
Topic Starter
ztrot
Well nay Sayers aside I still think it would be a great idea and in any case the activity in the subfourm mad for it is proof enough.
Sander-Don
i think having an #otaku channel would be nice, but even though it's been more then a month i still have no stars to vote with so.
support~
Ikillforpies
i support but i don't have any star ToT
Shiirn
If as silly an idea as #otaku gets approved (yes, i am a naysayer problem ztrot?) then #touhou and #ctb and #taiko all need channels.
dkun
replace #videogames with #otaku
problem solved.

as some of the staff and users have said, #videogmes is rarely ever used. so why not run the trial with #videogames being replaced? hit two birds with one stone.
Void
Why not?

As far as I can tell, #osu has a lot of otaku-related "discussion" (if you want call whatever goes on in there that).
Shiirn

Void wrote:

Why not?

As far as I can tell, #osu has a lot of otaku-related "discussion" (if you want call whatever goes on in there that).
by this logic there should be a #cookiezi
Void

Shiirn wrote:

Void wrote:

Why not?

by this logic there should be a #cookiezi
If it would drive out the fangirl talk and trigger a !faq cookiezi message whenever his name is mentioned, then I'm not against it.

It would also make sense as a spectator lobby for him.
Wishy
Would this be like a #spoilers channel? I mean the #otakuculturechannel. I can see already how you go join and they're talking about who died in the latest episode of X.
Shiirn

Wishy22 wrote:

Would this be like a #spoilers channel? I mean the #otakuculturechannel. I can see already how you go join and they're talking about who died in the latest episode of X.
people don't die in anime your logic is flawed
ziin

Shiirn wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

Will be populated by the fanbase of a certain... ...large-sword-wielding dead teenager
:roll:
theMikeAG

dkun wrote:

as some of the staff and users have said, #videogmes is rarely ever used. so why not run the trial with #videogames being replaced? hit two birds with one stone.
I dunno about this. It's not consistent sure, but I've seen days where #videogames was active from the crack of dawn to late night. I'd say that Osu! has a massive fanbase of both Otakus and Gamers. Otakus are attracted to Osu for the anime, and Gamers are attracted for the epic EBA gameplay. There ought to be room for both channels.

Shiirn wrote:

They die until the manga author decides to bring them back to life, for instance, every character in Dragon Ball Z.
Lybydose
Is there any reason these things can't just be discussed in #osu? It's not like the chat ever moves too fast.

That goes for #videogames too. The channel is mostly pointless. The easiest way to end a conversation is to force people to take it to that channel. No one ever goes there, so no one new will ever join in.
Sakura

Lybydose wrote:

Is there any reason these things can't just be discussed in #osu?
there i bolded the problem XD

ok on a more serious note, i guess you guys do have a point since most videogame discussions happen everywhere else besides on #videogames despite having a channel for that, people can still spoil videogames stuff like endings, etc on #videogames so i dont see that as a reason to not want #otaku, but as ztrot said the Otaku Culture forum has quite a lot of activity, i think we should at least give it a test.
Lybydose
What problem? #osu is the English channel, used for discussing anything in English.

The other languages have a channel for universally discussing anything, but for some reason people feel the need to split up English. Why?
Jarby

Lybydose wrote:

What problem? #osu is the English channel, used for discussing anything in English.

The other languages have a channel for universally discussing anything, but for some reason people feel the need to split up English. Why?
Because #osu is the biggest. It's such a sprawl at times.
Ephemeral
replace #videogames with #hobbies

problems solved
Sakura

Lybydose wrote:

I actually said that as a joke XD (hence the XD face)
But Jarby explained pretty much why i made that joke
Shael_old
look at me im biggest weaboo XD!!! no1 can touch me im best otaku!!
Jarby

Ephemeral wrote:

replace #videogames with #hobbies

problems solved
That's worth testing. Let's go with it.

Shael wrote:

look at me im biggest weaboo XD!!! no1 can touch me im best otaku!!
Hush, you already had your funny moment.
Quaraezha
A channel for both Video Games and Anime?
or #hobbies.
Derekku
I agree with replacing #videogames, but something like "#hobbies" sounds a bit too general and I'm afraid of the channel becoming another RP lounge...
James2250

Derekku wrote:

I agree with replacing #videogames, but something like "#hobbies" sounds a bit too general and I'm afraid of the channel becoming another RP lounge...
Make an "Off-Topic" channel and destroy the subforum we have for it, at least would be easier to manage :P
Shiirn

James2250 wrote:

"Off-Topic" channel
you mean #osu?
Quaraezha
It's more like a mix of General Discussion, Off-Topic, etc.
OzzyOzrock

Shiirn wrote:

Oh, oh, I know these, it's... it's... Jarate and.. an-- DETERGENT right?!?!

Anyways, these things would most likely be discussed better in a forum like there is rather than a channel. Then again I'm never in OC...
Shiirn
And we already have a forum for it. Go figure.