37.43%
Middle Finger
53.19%
Fist, etc.
9.38%
Total votes: 1440
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
So, i was playing a game of LoL, and while i was waiting for everyone else to connect, i had a striking thought: what if i was using the wrong finger to pay osu? Since i changed to z/x a few weeks ago i've mained with my middle finger pressing z... but what if i should have instead opted for the index finger, hitting x? This became a very serious matter to me, and i alt+f4d, leaving the poor Champions to perish 4v5 without my help. So, here i am. My question is, which finger do YOU use when you hit notes in standard mode?
Shiirn
I smash the keyboard with my face for 220bpm 1/4 streams
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
I thought about adding that as an option, but then i thought "Wait, hang on. I actually want to know some stuff."
Shiirn
Then, middle mainly with pointer for streams.

But i suck.
Firo Prochainezo
I giggled a little bit because the title of the thread sounded dirty, but then serious face

I use middle finger
xsrsbsns
index (x)
Shael_old
And I thoughd I was the only one using my Middle finger as main finger orz
Topic Starter
tyrael6192

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

I giggled a little bit because the title of the thread sounded dirty, but then serious face

I use middle finger
Left purposefully ambiguous. ;)

Shael wrote:

And I thoughd I was the only one using my Middle finger as main finger orz
It had never even struck me as an issue before... I just thought everybody did. xD
Ekaru
I use my index finger when clicking with the mouse.

However, I use the keyboards for streams and other fast segments, and I always start with "z", which is my middle finger. zxz z x zxzxzxz zz x zx z <-- like that
Luna
I always alternate between middle finger and index finger, no matter how slow the song is (:
Maybe add that as a poll option as well?
/E: I just chose both in the poll, but that really doesn't give the "correct" feedback imo
Topic Starter
tyrael6192
I would, but apparently that resets the poll votes... -.-

But you mean like, say you've got two completely separate hit circles that are a second apart, you'll hit one with z and the next with x and so on?
Hiyorin

tyrael6192 wrote:

But you mean like, say you've got two completely separate hit circles that are a second apart, you'll hit one with z and the next with x and so on?
I do exactly this, except I always start triples/streams with middle finger I alternate fingers for everything else. If I use 1 finger only, my accuracy goes wayyy down idk why :X
XPJ38
Mainly my index finger, on X.
I use my middle finger on A when there are streams or a need of double tapping.

Shiirn wrote:

I smash the keyboard with my face for 220bpm 1/4 streams
Avedas
I can do triples far faster if I start with my middle finger than my index finger. I think it's from doing guitar trills. I think my index finger has slightly better stamina though so I should probably lead with index then switch to middle to start streams and such but that seems like such a pain in the ass.
Remilia--_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

I giggled a little bit because the title of the thread sounded dirty, but then no serious face, i kept thinking dirty.
I use pinky lolwhat
Topic Starter
tyrael6192

Remilia-- wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

I giggled a little bit because the title of the thread sounded dirty, but then no serious face, i kept thinking dirty.
In which case the 'fist, etc.' option will be somewhat painful.
Takuya
Index, but I'm training on middle now since it's the slow one.
Hika
When I started playing standard a month ago, I was stuck with index, but then gradually, my index finger was tired of hitting circles so I just used my middle, now I just change around frequently depending on the map.
Topic Starter
tyrael6192

Takuya wrote:

Index, but I'm training on middle now since it's the slow one.
Ya know, i had never considered that. After playing the whole of today using my index as main, i actually managed to do most of the streams on Humanoid - granted, with plenty of 50s/100s, but i couldn't do them at all before. I need to do this 'training' thing more often. :3
Trimutius
I actually normally use middle finger. But when if it is tired or when I fill like using Z then I use my ring finger. (I answered middle finger because I use it normally)
So actually yes i have middle finger over X and ring finger over Z.

P.S. And because I type pretty fast all my fingers are well trained on both hands =)
Mismagius

sorry but I couldn't resist

but anyway, what does tap+2 count as? xD
Hika

Blue Dragon wrote:

LOL
Hamuko
I want Touma Finger and Accelerator Finger options, pl0x
Why only Index
Waryas
my middle finger is faster, has more stamina but i still start streams/do singles with index.
index on O, middle finger on P
Kitsunemimi

Blue Dragon wrote:

You do the finger that you press 2 with :<

;~; *sniff* you tablet people will never understand!!!! >o< *runs away crying*

Oh, also I use index (RMB), and... then both (z/x).
Mismagius
Then middle finger, I guess.
knjiga

Luna wrote:

I always alternate between middle finger and index finger, no matter how slow the song is (:
Maybe add that as a poll option as well?
/E: I just chose both in the poll, but that really doesn't give the "correct" feedback imo
This.
Pizzicato
mid finger. <z>
Derekku
Right hand for my tablet stylus, and left hand index finger for x on the keyboard.

Although, I keep my middle finger on z in case an insanely high BPM stream comes along and I'm required to spam z/x. xpppp
Shiirn

Derekku wrote:

insanely high BPM stream
read:140+ ㄱ( ´∀`)┌
Derekku

Shiirn wrote:

Derekku wrote:

insanely high BPM stream
read:140+ ㄱ( ´∀`)┌
:II
Kyonko Hizara
Both work equally the same for me