Total Posts
show more
Kyonko Hizara
:)
Kojima_old_1
Hi~

This map is so good, it's hard to find anything. :D

Easy
01:15:207 (4) - new combo should begin here, not on (1) (so it is in rythm)

Hard
01:06:426 (2) - new combo should begin here, not on (1)

Nice one! Obv. star
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
i NC on Lyrics, cesc followed more graphic, so nothing followed
Sakura
Rechecking~

I still can barely hear hitsounds on Taiko (specially the katsus)
Also i have a recommendation for next time... dont put the lyrics at the bottom because combo fire will appear on top of them.
Also i just remembered, hitbursts with too much transparency are unrankable.
I'd say comboburst-0.png is a slightly suggestive.
[Hard]
00:04:963 (3) - You didnt fix this D:
00:36:243 (3) - I cant see the repeat, due to spinner.

@Mok: Yeah, its the right thing to do.... when its intuitive, since changing instruments all the time wont make something intuitive, will just create confusion, and the fact that those notes are very hard to 300, shows how "intuitive" they are, just remember you must map with the song in mind, i want to hit 100s because i missed the timing, not because i was playing the guessing game with the timing.
ziin

Sakura Hana wrote:

Also i have a recommendation for next time... dont put the lyrics at the bottom because combo fire will appear on top of them.
Just fyi, all of these have been ranked before. And these have more area to them than a combo burst which is just a small 300 or something.

Also, who plays with combo fire on and reads the lyrics at the same time?
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
will say it too Shalon and see if i can simply make hitsoud volume higher ( EDIT: Wait, they're at 100% and i can hear them >.<)
I don't use comboburst, and I don't wanted lyrics to be covered by the circles or some other element. Since many don't use Combo Fire it's best to put them at bottom

What? That actually make Template Skin so unrankable >.<, if you refer to the rule of the transparency it's in fact only for larger SB images that have much trasparency and do have an high SB Load.

Suggestive, but rather covered;

[Hard]
00:04:963 (3) - You didnt fix this D:
I could had uploaded the wrong version that time, gomen
00:36:243 (3) - I cant see the repeat, due to spinner.
was partially covered, actually by the "Clear", and was rather intuitive too in that point ( for this i didn't see that ), but ok :3
Mok
Dear Sakura, isn't the "guessing game" with osu! Is just use every bit you can hear of a song, we can call it like an orchestral game, you just need to let every beat sound!
Sakura

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

I don't use comboburst, and I don't wanted lyrics to be covered by the circles or some other element. Since many don't use Combo Fire it's best to put them at bottom
I dont mind them at all, it was a recommendation.

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

What? That actually make Template Skin so unrankable >.<, if you refer to the rule of the transparency it's in fact only for larger SB images that have much trasparency and do have an high SB Load.
Template skin doesnt have that many transparencies, in fact its pretty solid, your hitbursts have transparencies in the center of them, this is also the reason why ztrot had to stop using his most famous skin, i'm sorry but AT LEAST hit100.png and hit300.png have to go from here and possibly hit0.png and hit50.png too

@ziin: "This map did it so my map's fine" excuse doesn't work with me

Edit:
Woops just saw this:

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

will say it too Shalon and see if i can simply make hitsoud volume higher ( EDIT: Wait, they're at 100% and i can hear them >.<)
With Taiko skin, soft sampleset is WAY lower than Normal sampleset (even tho the hitsounds themselves are the same ._.) i'd say this is easily fixed by using Normal sampleset rather than increasing volume, after using Normal sampleset it's easier to adjust hitsound volume from there.
Shiro
This is not my business, but...

Mok wrote:

Dear Sakura, isn't the "guessing game" with osu! Is just use every bit you can hear of a song, we can call it like an orchestral game, you just need to let every beat sound!
There's a difference between what you hear and what can be heard. When you're playing, you don't really have time to focus on the background sounds and try to find some 1/2 or 1/4 beats that would justify a pattern that surprised you. Mapping to background sounds that are covered by the main melody is confusing.

Sakura Hana wrote:

Just adding my two cents on that: mostly transparent hitbursts are confusing. When playing you don't have time to look at hitbursts carefully to see whether it is a 300, a 100 or a 50 (which is why hitbursts have very different colours...). If the hitburst is too small, it won't be easy to see, and it might lead to rhythms being confusing (some people - like me - base the timing on what hitburst they got... 100 or 50 meaning that the timing needs to be readjusted).

ziin wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

Just fyi, all of these have been ranked before. And these have more area to them than a combo burst which is just a small 300 or something.
Just because it was done before means it's acceptable now ?
Ah well.

Good luck on getting that ranked, HakuNoKaemi ! (I tried alt-tabbing your name - ,- ) I had a quick look at the map and I liked what I saw.
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

Template skin doesnt have that many transparencies, in fact its pretty solid, your hitbursts have transparencies in the center of them, this is also the reason why ztrot had to stop using his most famous skin, i'm sorry but AT LEAST hit100.png and hit300.png have to go from here and possibly hit0.png and hit50.png too[/quote]

Well, i don't see something like this in the New Rules neither in the Old Guideline... therefore i don't even know why there is a rule like this.
Well:
-it's not confusive
-it's not unnecessary trasparency that make Graphic Card work more
-it's not larger than the template
-i don't think that rules was ever applied since many time
-probably misjudged some other rule
-it's not breaking the new rules
Sakura
It's a gameplay element, and gameplay elements must be fully visible, not have a hole in the middle.
Mok
I think everyone should open their hears before their eyes, and listen carefully how beautiful music is. Then nerd options as "i cannot think of the music, just continue clicking".
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi

Sakura Hana wrote:

It's a gameplay element, and gameplay elements must be fully visible, not have a hole in the middle.
misjudged rules.
Basically it means it shouldn't be fully trasparent in the sense that it shouldn't be an "empty" image ( like with silenced hitsounds )
this is an unrankable hitburst opened in photoshop
Sakura
Although that is unrankable as well, yours are unrankable too, as i mentioned earlier.

I didnt even know about this until some months ago, and got reminded by ouran when ztrot told him that kind of skinning was unrankable as well a week or so ago.

Hitbursts must not have any large transparencies (see-through), this rule applies specially if the hitburst would allow "hidden" slider repeats to be shown, if you still dont get why it's unrankable i can get other people here to tell you since it seems i have failed at communicating the information to you.
Card N'FoRcE
Lol you guys make me laugh.

You're throwing the worst bunch of excuses for something that's colorful enough and easy to see by saying "it's unrankable" and the only explanation you give is a "the rule says so".
A rule that doesn't even exist.

Sakura Hana wrote:

Use your head.
They're visible so there's no reason to ban them.
If you have to ban something by using unexsiting rules, please don't and start being reasonable when you mod maps instead of searching for issues that do not exist.

You guys just make me wanna quit this game.

Odaril wrote:

Mapping to background sounds that are covered by the main melody is confusing.
You are basically saying that some great mappers (darrihuka, Al-Azif) suck because they do this.
Wow this is quite an accomplishment.
Sakura
Well, it was ztrot and some others that told me about it, that you can't have so many transparencies on hitbursts and that's why he was asked to stop using the skin he was using, i'm not sure how that makes you laugh really, if i've been misinformed for months about it by at least 3 BATs not including ztrot then can you please explain to me what's the cause of this misinformation?
Card N'FoRcE
As far as i remember, the main problem with ztrot's skin was not the amount of transparency, but the fact that the objects were too small and with no enough amount of opacity to be seen correctly.
It's not the same case in here: the shape and the colours are well refined and easy enough to track with the eye so i don't see any valid reason to say "it's unrankable because there's too much transparency", unless someone can give me a good explanation gameplay-wise.
James2250
I have asked around and the general opinion seems to be these hitbursts are not unrankable as long as they are clearly noticable from each other, they don't break the template hitburst dimensions, and the 100/300 etc are large enough to be seen while playing. All of these are fine here so there is nothing saying they are stirctly unrankable (maybe needs to be talked about more with NewRules?) However make sure that none of the repeats around the map are going to be hidden if this skin is deleted.

I personally think they are unnecessary and could be done in a better way but they do not impair gameplay in any way so ~
(I might try and get a final opinion from peppy on this though)
Sakura
Ok, if that is the case i sincerely apologize for the trouble, if James is waiting on a peppy answer i rather wait on that tho, i'll recheck this when i get back home, and once again, sorry for the trouble but i had to get that cleared up since i dont wanna be bubbling something that's not allowed.
James2250

Sakura Hana wrote:

if James is waiting on a peppy answer i rather wait on that tho
SPOILER
[13:48] James2250|irc hey ppy seeing as some BATs disagree on this would you allow these hitbursts to be ranked based on the amount of transparancy they have? http://puu.sh/3gqG
[13:49] ppy are they white inside?
[13:49] ppy can't tell transparency from that ss
[13:50] James2250|irc no, everything inside is transparent
[13:50] ppy as long as they are sized similar to defaults i don't see a huge problem
[13:50] James2250|irc kk that is what most people are saying, thanks~
[13:51] ztrot the 100 300G should have a image inside them imo
[13:51] ztrot they look bare compared to the rest of the set
[13:51] James2250|irc yeah I kind of figured that too..

So yes they are rankable but I would consider ztrot's idea as well or else they kind of look strange as a set with a few of them being so blank
Sakura
Isn't that what i said on the second post ._. except that i thought they werent rankable otherwise... anyways, ill just let the mapper decide then.

And for god sakes Mok, will you ever fix those notes that sound off D: *me runs*
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
could just write something on to the hitbursts. Maybe "Cool" and "Fine".. or it's better to insert images on them to? ( probably Last order and Kazakiri Hyouka .. )
ziin

Sakura Hana wrote:

"This map did it so my map's fine" excuse doesn't work with me
Good! I'm glad, but all I said was "fyi" (for your information). I didn't really like the hitbursts when they were ranked first. You could also make an argument for "continuity" or something like that, but we've already changed the skin pretty significantly since no buts.

I do not like how the 50 and 0 look nearly identical. I think a bigger 100 and 300 in the 100.png and 300.png would be nicer. Putting images into the 100 and 300.pngs would be confusing, as the images means its the end of a combo.

This ztrot's unrankable hitburst, right?

If anything, I find the default hitbursts too big. A lot of players go and make their own skin with a completely transparent 300. Personally I cropped out the "burst" on the default and left the numbers.

The colors in the map are all significantly different from the hitbursts (except the red 0 and 50, but even then they're a more saturated red) and can be seen clearly.

Do you think there would be a problem if the skin files were removed and placed in skin, haku? Make an osk or something, or make a skin thread with "Haku's raildex". The only reason not to do this IMO is if you want to force people to use your skin unedited. I presume you are going to want to make more raildex maps right? If so, you can continuously update the skin. You can't do that with a beatmap specific.
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
Well, it's true that putting an image in all hitburst make it confusive, therefore I'll simply make numbers bigger as ziin said.

Do you think there would be a problem if the skin files were removed and placed in skin, haku? Make an osk or something, or make a skin thread with "Haku's raildex". The only reason not to do this IMO is if you want to force people to use your skin unedited. I presume you are going to want to make more raildex maps right? If so, you can continuously update the skin. You can't do that with a beatmap specific.
Thank for the idea. Will see if i will make it after (or before) i rank this. (Should start reading Skinning Guides)
[Shalon]
Mok
GiNa
Mod by Haku’s request
Index is moe ;D
Just let you guys know I’ll nazi a bit.
Don’t kds me if you think this is not useful.

[General]
-Kiai should start exactly at 01:00:572 and end at 01:26:914 -

[cesc’s Easy]
01:12:646 (1) – stack this perfectly
01:18:133 (1) - ^
Rest seems fine to me.

[Mok’s visionS]
00:01:487 (2) – stack this perfectly
00:08:987 (3) – this doesn’t fit in the music, remove 1 repeat: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/117122, this just a suggestion.
00:32:036 – just wondering why this part is blank … at least do something like this: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/117127, I changed a green line (00:35:322) to soft and added finish on the spinner.
00:47:402 – add a note? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/117130
00:59:109 – is blank again … orz http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/117133

[Normal]
Some Nazi
00:03:499 (6) – stack this perfectly
00:25:816 (4) - ^, and the slider after need to move a little too
00:28:743 (4) - ^
00:31:670 (4) - ^
00:42:829 (4) - ^
00:49:048 (6) - ^
00:51:975 (6) - ^
This diff seems fine too.

[Hard]
-Small note ;D
00:05:877 (4) – stack this perfectly
00:16:670 – probably add a slider or spinner from 00:16:670 to 00:17:768
00:55:999 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) – make them curvier, 3 is weird right now imo
01:16:487 (3) – stack this perfectly
01:19:231 (4) - ^
Not many problem found, nice diff

[Nekoo’s Insane]
-Small note too ;D
Some Nazi Again
00:07:707 (4) – stack this perfectly
00:08:438 (6) - ^
00:25:085 (6) - ^
00:39:902 (4) - ^
00:41:365 (4) - ^
00:43:926 (8) - ^
01:10:451 (5) - ^
Nice insane

Star ;DD

Edit: My eyes suck, so I like big notes better :cry: (imo)
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
00:16:670 – probably add a slider or spinner from 00:16:670 to 00:17:768 following voice, so is normal
00:55:999 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) – make them curvier, 3 is weird right now imo
Correct some Stacking too, only where spacing was >=0.3 and moved kiai sections

Notes are not small, it's just that people now generally map with CS 3 or 4, sometime 5 and rarely, really, 6. So you find CS 5 little. ( CS 5 is actually Normal )
Mok
ShanaTan
Wow, that's what I call nazi! =D

Well fixed everything but 00:08:438 (6) -, cause it was already stacked properly >.<

Woopi woo o/

Download: Kawada Mami - See visionS (TV Size) (HakuNoKaemi) [Nekoo's Insane].osu
Sakura
Oh hi again!
[General]
SB/Lyrics-bd.png is not used anywhere

[Shalon's Taiko]
Why are you using circle size small? ._.

[Hard]
00:04:963 (3) - Slider start and end are overlapping.
00:36:243 (3) - slider repeat covered by spinnerosu (the skin thingy) http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/122059 see

Ok that wasnt much, lol
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi

Sakura Hana wrote:

Oh hi again!
[General]
SB/Lyrics-bd.png is not used anywhere Deleted

[Hard]
00:04:963 (3) - Slider start and end are overlapping.

Every slider must have a clear and visible path to follow from start to end. Sliders which overlap themselves in a way that makes any section unreadable or ambiguous (including "burai sliders") cannot be used. This is so that no slider has an appearance that is confusing or impossible for the player to read. Additionally, the slider borders must never be covered up from the slider being packed in too tightly. However, sliders that cross over themselves are fine as long as the borders are clearly visible.
Well it says "path" and the slider is actually followable from start to end, because of the slighty distance. Like this it's actually unrankable

00:36:243 (3) - slider repeat covered by spinnerosu (the skin thingy) http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/122059 see as i was there, i made placement better

Ok that wasnt much, lol
Sakura

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

Every slider must have a clear and visible path to follow from start to end. Sliders which overlap themselves in a way that makes any section unreadable or ambiguous (including "burai sliders") cannot be used. This is so that no slider has an appearance that is confusing or impossible for the player to read. Additionally, the slider borders must never be covered up from the slider being packed in too tightly. However, sliders that cross over themselves are fine as long as the borders are clearly visible.
Well it says "path" and the slider is actually followable from start to end, because of the slighty distance. Like this it's actually unrankable
When you cant distinguish easily which is the slider start and end it's unrankable, i'd recommend separating the start and end more
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
it's actually perfectly rankable as now, as start and end are easily distinguished
i had arleady asked osuplayer11 if I could use it, and i used it

plus it wouldn't be nice and roundy like now
CMP
good

I give star to your map

good luck~!

-----------------------------------------

(my pending map) ↓
ziin
I can't easily distinguish the start from end. I know which way, but it wasn't easy. Even if you go the wrong way, it doesn't matter: you're still going to 300 it.

The point is that it doesn't look great, and is awkward/disorienting. I personally liked the slow better.
284,168,4963,6,0,B|272:148|240:148|212:156|200:192|212:228|240:236|272:236|284:216,1,179.999995529651,0|2
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
thank you for leaving it symmetric and fixing the slider. ( Well, i didnt'l like mine results... )
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
bump.

and farewell people

SPOILER
Your message is too short. Please do not post messages like "star", and make sure you are constructively adding to the thread in question.

what i should say more?
OzzyOzrock
awww

i think I liked this map

or something

oh well.............................
Chewin
General:

1. Devi sistemare le linee verdi, forse hai modificato precedentemente l'offset e non le hai fixate.
    Per esempio guarda il kiai time nella difficoltà di Mok o nella Normal, settallo bene sul beat (1)
Cesc's Easy:

1. 00:14:109 (3) - Aggiungi whistle alla fine dello slider
  2. 00:35:694 (5) - Finish
  3. 00:36:060 (1) - Migliora il blanket, in modo tale che il beat non si sovrapponga allo slider.
  4. 00:41:548 (4) - Usa un finish piuttosto, o se vuoi lasciare il clap impostalo normal e non soft
  5. 00:57:646 (6) - New combo? Leva il whistle suona malissimo IMO Piuttosto aggiungi finish no?
  6. 01:05:694 (6) - Togli il whistle dallo slider, addalo solo all'inizio e alla fine
  7. 01:10:816 (1) - Togli il whistle alla fine?
  8. 01:15:207 (4) - No whistle
  9. 01:15:572 (1) - Whistle
  10. 01:16:304 (3) - ^
  11. 01:16:670 (4) - Finish?
  12. 01:17:036 (5) - Invece del clap metti il whistle
  13. 01:19:231 (5,1) - Finish ad entrambi?
Mok's visionS:
  1. 00:32:768 Omg perchè questo buco? Aggiungi spinner o cosa
  2. 00:38:621 (5) - New combo
  3. 00:40:451 (1) - No new combo
  4. 00:41:365 Aggiungi circle?
  5. 00:41:548 (5) - New combo
  6. 00:56:548 (1) - Terminalo sulla linea bianca grande, precisamente in 00:59:109
  7. 01:06:426 (1) - Finish?
  8. 01:07:890 (6) - ^
  9. 01:14:475 (9) - Aggiungi whistle sul repeat, rimuove il whistle alla fine che suona male
  10. 01:18:133 (1) - Finish
  11. 01:19:597 (6) - ^
  12. 01:21:060 (11) - New combo
  13. 01:21:426 (1) - No new combo
  14. 01:26:822 (1) - Fallo iniziare sulla linea bianca.
Normal:
  1. 00:15:572 (2) - Clap alla fine?
  2. 00:18:133 (1) - Aggiungerei finish
  3. 01:10:633 (1) - Terminalo in 01:11:914
Buona questa

Hard:

1. Cicle size +1
  2. 01:26:731 (1) - Fallo iniziare sulla linea bianca; 01:26:914
Nekoo's Insane:

1. 00:13:012 (3,4,5) - I don't like this "crooked" style, could you make it linear?
  2. 01:26:822 (1) - Start in on the white big line?

Buona fortuna, è tempo di bolla >.<
show more