show more
Gcode
net45291
What's that BG O w O
Topic Starter
Gens

net45291 wrote:

What's that BG O w O
If you could tell me what it says (or if it's even correctly written), that would be great. I just copied it from a low res result in google images. :P

There was a DVD-R icon in the image so I suppose it was some kind of live DVD by Susumu, so it'd probably say something like the album title or something.

And then, there exists the possibility of it being some kind of profanity by a user edit, in which case, you could help me out to figure out a correct translation of the title. :P
Void
!
net45291

Gens wrote:

net45291 wrote:

What's that BG O w O
If you could tell me what it says (or if it's even correctly written), that would be great. I just copied it from a low res result in google images. :P

There was a DVD-R icon in the image so I suppose it was some kind of live DVD by Susumu, so it'd probably say something like the album title or something.

And then, there exists the possibility of it being some kind of profanity by a user edit, in which case, you could help me out to figure out a correct translation of the title. :P
There are no meaning Gens , "น์ฒวัวิ บงสาโาธ" = = there are conjecture word :P , and this
This is correctly word "วิวัฒน์ ธาราสงบ" << Just like this :3 , วิวัฒน์ = First name , ธาราสงบ = Surname
There are profanity by a user DX .
RhaiizoN
8-)
Topic Starter
Gens

net45291 wrote:

There are no meaning Gens , "น์ฒวัวิ บงสาโาธ" = = there are conjecture word :P , and this
This is correctly word "วิวัฒน์ ธาราสงบ" << Just like this :3 , วิวัฒน์ = First name , ธาราสงบ = Surname
There are profanity by a user DX .
Well damn, I'll have to fix it later. Thanks.

And by the way, this isn't ready for modding just yet. I'm guessing I have to search for a timer since the offset sounds early in some parts but is fine in others.
Lybydose
That drum part in the middle seems a bit earlier than the rest of song. Try this out, it seems to work for me. Song is a bit weird though, in the sense that it's hard to pick up the timing (well except the drum part, which was easy!):

3 sections, all 79.00 BPM, offsets: 3551, 85562, 119001
Topic Starter
Gens

Lybydose wrote:

That drum part in the middle seems a bit earlier than the rest of song. Try this out, it seems to work for me. Song is a bit weird though, in the sense that it's hard to pick up the timing (well except the drum part, which was easy!):

3 sections, all 79.00 BPM, offsets: 3551, 85562, 119001
That works pretty well. I was worried mainly about how at around 02:02:038 everything started to sound early, but your third offset did the trick. Thanks!
subarasikibuta
oh
SapphireGhost
aaaaoooiooooaaa ooaaaa oooiiiiaaaooo

Edit: Discussed with Gens about...

1. Off-screen slider in [Easy] (Fixed)
  2. Overlap in [Normal] (Stayed)
  3. Unused .osb file (Waiting for storyboard)
Starrodkirby86
Auuuuuuuuu.

Replaces:
  1. All .osu's
  2. .osb
New Content:
  1. SB
  2. KIRBY Mix
Uhh, remove letterboxing for all your difficulties. I don't feel very keen today, whether it'd be my current day's playing skills, mapping skills, or both, so I really don't feel very confident here. I kind of think I'm sort of on an off-day. But we'll see...

Some concerns:
There's one part where the SB Load is around 6.4 (Red -> Blue transition). It's only for a 1/1... What do you think about that? :S

Download: extract-in-song-folder.zip
Topic Starter
Gens

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Some concerns:
There's one part where the SB Load is around 6.4 (Red -> Blue transition). It's only for a 1/1... What do you think about that? :S
I don't really get any lag (whereas I've lagged in 3.0x SBs), so it must be the buggy formula working on. Don't really know if it should be reduced, though I think it's fine~

Also love the SB. Pretty cool way to change the whole atmosphere along with the difficulty curve. So it was pretty much needed after all~
HackSMW
good map

but, isn't the difficulity named as "KIRBY Mix" "KIRBY Mix Deluxe"? :o
OzzyOzrock

hacksmw wrote:

good map

I don't think Kirby has made another KIRBY Mix for this song so...
Starrodkirby86

OzzyOzrock wrote:

hacksmw wrote:

good map

I don't think Kirby has made another KIRBY Mix for this song so...
Yeah, pretty much. xD

I usually reserve the names for really special KIRBY Mixes or ones having a remap. So since this one is just an all-brand new KIRBY Mix and all, it's as so. :>
Ibuki Suika
一看到卡比mix我就知道没得玩了
Lance
Absolutely amazing storyboard (even though the kirby mix is a bit beyond my level of play...)

Star~
Gcode
delete this post
Lilac

Ibuki Suika wrote:

一看到卡比mix我就知道没得玩了

Oh God, I laughed.

Anyway.

Timing seems to be early...Card apparently picked it up and since it's such a slow BPM, there is more room for error. Using Ctrl and testplaying, I'm think the offset is 520. I could be wrong though.

[Easy]
00:57:095 (4) - I thought you were a symmetry professional. You disappoint me, Gens. D:
02:26:342 (1,1,1,1) - ^ D:

[Normal]
I really liked your use of 1/4 notes in this. Pretty creative, however...
01:04:120 (1,2,3,4,5) - This kinda put me off... I didn't know what the rhythm was.

I also believe you have unsnapped notes in this difficulty...

[Hard]
I found this alright. Pretty cool. Tona symmetry jumps though.

[KIRBY Mix]
The big one himself, Starrodkirby. First time modding this. Oh geez, it feels like Christmas.

Urk, too lazy. It's just crazy.
Hika
Thai pride. \:D/ Favorite song in the world olololol.

*'d. P.S. - Kirby mix is just <3
fanzhen0019
lol i maped this for fun but not submitted it yet
anyway,star~
Derekku
Test played this a few weeks ago and just couldn't resist from modding it.

[General]
*Add Kirby's name to the tags on all difficulties.

[Timing]
*I disagree with Lily about the offset;
*Still not sure about the timing... It almost feels like one uninherited section would work (but possibly with a -5), but I'll need to test more.

[Storyboard]
*I expected another w-gradient pulse here like at 18361.
*Same as above for 48740.
*w-thai seems to disappear from 79500 to 79880. Is this intended, or is it a layering issue?
*Same as above for 84816 to 85562.
*s-1.jpg: Why not fade this out at 116701 instead of 117080?
*k-gradient.png doesn't seem to be changing color like it's supposed to in Kirby's diff...

[Easy]
*I suggest using the largest circle size for this diff.
*It's a bit strange to have the OD higher than the AR (especially on an Easy); I suggest lowering the OD by one tick.
00:11:905 (4,5,1) - spacing (nazi)
00:15:702 (1,2) - How about switching the order of these so that 00:14:943 (4,1) doesn't look like 1/2 notes
00:26:335 (3,1,2) - spacing
00:57:095 (4) - off-center (nazi)
01:04:690 (2,4) - might as well try and center these as well under the top row of notes
01:29:359 (1,2) - spacing (they look more like 1/2 notes than 1/1)
01:38:663 (3,4,5) - This blue-tick pattern threw me off; perhaps change it to a single repeating slider?
01:48:726 (4) - I think this 5-note pattern would look nicer if you moved this note down a bit, but that's just my two cents :p
02:10:773 (1,2,3,4,5) - Try to keep the 1/2 spacing more consistent, especially on an Easy
02:21:785 (3,1,2) - spacing

[Normal]
*Like Lily said: You have unsnapped notes.
00:32:221 (4) - Sounds strange ending on the blue tick.. maybe change this to two notes like http://puu.sh/3w1J or even http://puu.sh/3w1L
00:35:259 (4) - ^ (and other similar sliders that follow the same pattern after this)
00:43:044 (3) - Expected this to be a new combo and unstacked from 1/2
00:50:639 (3) - Could be a bit more symmetrical (nazi)
00:53:677 (3) - ^
01:04:120 (1,2,3,4,5) - Like Lily said, this rhythm is a bit confusing (especially if you're sightreading the song for the first time). If you want to keep the blue tick notes, then at least use some sliders!
01:25:562 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Again, the blue ticks notes are a bit confusing.
01:31:637 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - If you used sliders or something to show the rhythm for 01:25:562 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8), then these notes would be a bit more intuitive.
01:37:713 (1) - Threw me off because I thought it was only 1/2 after the last note. How about unstacking and placing somewhere else?
01:47:017 (1,2) - Stacking threw me off again
02:02:798 (3,4) - These touch each other but 02:05:836 (4,5) don't.
02:05:836 (4,5,6,7) - Also, this spacing is really inconsistent
02:08:494 (2,3) - Try spacing these a bit closer (or overlap them)
02:10:963 (1,2,3,4) - Again, the blue ticks are confusing (and the spacing between 3 and 4 is too large)
02:14:190 (1,2,3) - I didn't expect these to be stacked under (6).
02:33:178 (2,3) - Would look nicer if it was something like this: http://puu.sh/3w3F
02:36:216 (2,3) - ^ but it's fine if you don't change them, since the above pattern is consistent with this one

[Hard]
*Again, I don't see why the OD is higher than the AR, especially since this is only a Hard and not an Insane. Thus, lower the OD by one tick (and possibly raise the drain 1 tick but that's up to you).
*This difficulty is fine overall, but I think that some of the spacings could be a bit more consistent (not talking about the jumps; they're fine).

[KIRBY Mix]
01:27:460 (1,2,3,4) - If you want these to by symmetrical about the x-axis with 01:27:460 (1,2,3,4), then move this row up one grid.
01:33:535 (1,2,3,4) - ^
02:28:431 (7) - Expected two more repeats since the vocals end on the blue tick
*02:34:887 - Expected a note here after the stream

July 23 EDIT: Done modding (except for the timing).
Topic Starter
Gens

Lilac wrote:

Timing seems to be early...Card apparently picked it up and since it's such a slow BPM, there is more room for error. Using Ctrl and testplaying, I'm think the offset is 520. I could be wrong though.
Not messing with the timing anymore!

Lilac wrote:

[Easy]
00:57:095 (4) - I thought you were a symmetry professional. You disappoint me, Gens. D:
How did you notice that?! I love you!

Lilac wrote:

02:26:342 (1,1,1,1) - ^ D:
I was just being lazy here :<. Fixed though. I just can't do good stuff with red points.

Lilac wrote:

[Normal]
I really liked your use of 1/4 notes in this. Pretty creative, however...
01:04:120 (1,2,3,4,5) - This kinda put me off... I didn't know what the rhythm was.
I added a leading beat, which I think might help with that.

Lilac wrote:

I also believe you have unsnapped notes in this difficulty...
Would you look at that.

Lilac wrote:

[Hard]
I found this alright. Pretty cool. Tona symmetry jumps though.

[KIRBY Mix]
The big one himself, Starrodkirby. First time modding this. Oh geez, it feels like Christmas.

Urk, too lazy. It's just crazy.
Thanks for modding Lily, and glad you liked it <3.

Now then...

Derekku wrote:

[General]
*Add Kirby's name to the tags on all difficulties.
Weird, I thought I had done that before. Done.

Derekku wrote:

[Timing]
*I disagree with Lily about the offset;
*Still not sure about the timing... It almost feels like one uninherited section would work (but possibly with a -5), but I'll need to test more.
I'll be waiting in case you have a better offset ~

Derekku wrote:

[Storyboard]
*I expected another w-gradient pulse here like at 18361.
*Same as above for 48740.
*w-thai seems to disappear from 79500 to 79880. Is this intended, or is it a layering issue?
*Same as above for 84816 to 85562.
*s-1.jpg: Why not fade this out at 116701 instead of 117080?
*k-gradient.png doesn't seem to be changing color like it's supposed to in Kirby's diff...
I'll let Kirby handle this~

Derekku wrote:

[Easy]
*I suggest using the largest circle size for this diff.
Meh, changing it at this point would imply overlaps all over the place, and I'm too lazy to change/fix them all; and besides, I like that circle size!

Derekku wrote:

*It's a bit strange to have the OD higher than the AR (especially on an Easy); I suggest lowering the OD by one tick.
Sure why not.

Derekku wrote:

01:38:663 (3,4,5) - This blue-tick pattern threw me off; perhaps change it to a single repeating slider?
Nah, I think a single repeating slider would be too monotonous (I still care for movement in an easy!). I have made it simpler though.

Derekku wrote:

00:11:905 (4,5,1) - spacing (nazi)
00:15:702 (1,2) - How about switching the order of these so that 00:14:943 (4,1) doesn't look like 1/2 notes
00:26:335 (3,1,2) - spacing
00:57:095 (4) - off-center (nazi)
01:04:690 (2,4) - might as well try and center these as well under the top row of notes
01:29:359 (1,2) - spacing (they look more like 1/2 notes than 1/1)
01:48:726 (4) - I think this 5-note pattern would look nicer if you moved this note down a bit, but that's just my two cents :p
02:10:773 (1,2,3,4,5) - Try to keep the 1/2 spacing more consistent, especially on an Easy
02:21:785 (3,1,2) - spacing[/quote]

Did all those.

Derekku wrote:

[Normal]
*Like Lily said: You have unsnapped notes.
:I I should have checked it beforehand.

Derekku wrote:

00:32:221 (4) - Sounds strange ending on the blue tick.. maybe change this to two notes like http://puu.sh/3w1J or even http://puu.sh/3w1L
Nah, I'll leave it at that. I understand how it might sound strange but I like it~

Derekku wrote:

00:43:044 (3) - Expected this to be a new combo and unstacked from 1/2
Yeah, what you say makes sense. I hadn't done it since I thought spacing would be a problem, but I think this doesn't break spacing that much now.

Derekku wrote:

00:50:639 (3) - Could be a bit more symmetrical (nazi)
00:53:677 (3) - ^
Decided to go for a simpler approach now, I didn't like that spiral much...

Derekku wrote:

01:04:120 (1,2,3,4,5) - Like Lily said, this rhythm is a bit confusing (especially if you're sightreading the song for the first time). If you want to keep the blue tick notes, then at least use some sliders!
Mentioned the change above, hope it solves the problem. I do want to keep the blue ticks in any case~

Derekku wrote:

01:25:562 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Again, the blue ticks notes are a bit confusing.
01:31:637 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - If you used sliders or something to show the rhythm for 01:25:562 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8), then these notes would be a bit more intuitive.
That could work but... again, I think using repeating sliders would be a bit monotonous. If you think it's that bad though, I'll change it.

Derekku wrote:

01:37:713 (1) - Threw me off because I thought it was only 1/2 after the last note. How about unstacking and placing somewhere else?
...it is 1/2 after, is it not? orz. I understand how the stacking might be confusing though. I don't have many places to move it, so any suggestion is welcome. I think that place is the best place for it at the moment, since I've changed that pattern like three times for the same reason.

Derekku wrote:

02:14:190 (1,2,3) - I didn't expect these to be stacked under (6).
Don't really get what you mean here, they're stacked under (7), are they not? Anyway, not much I can do about it since it's copy-paste~

Derekku wrote:

02:33:178 (2,3) - Would look nicer if it was something like this: http://puu.sh/3w3F
02:36:216 (2,3) - ^ but it's fine if you don't change them, since the above pattern is consistent with this one
That's actually something like what I was aiming for! I didn't really like the old pattern.

Derekku wrote:

01:47:017 (1,2) - Stacking threw me off again
02:02:798 (3,4) - These touch each other but 02:05:836 (4,5) don't.
02:05:836 (4,5,6,7) - Also, this spacing is really inconsistent
02:08:494 (2,3) - Try spacing these a bit closer (or overlap them)
02:10:963 (1,2,3,4) - Again, the blue ticks are confusing (and the spacing between 3 and 4 is too large)
Did all those.

Derekku wrote:

[Hard]
*Again, I don't see why the OD is higher than the AR, especially since this is only a Hard and not an Insane. Thus, lower the OD by one tick (and possibly raise the drain 1 tick but that's up to you).
Sure why not.

Derekku wrote:

*This difficulty is fine overall, but I think that some of the spacings could be a bit more consistent (not talking about the jumps; they're fine).
Haha, they must have been a lot for you to generalize like that :P. I changed some things around to fix some inconsistencies, but nothing terribly big.

Derekku wrote:

[KIRBY Mix]
01:27:460 (1,2,3,4) - If you want these to by symmetrical about the x-axis with 01:27:460 (1,2,3,4), then move this row up one grid.
01:33:535 (1,2,3,4) - ^
Well, I think that was a mistake rather than on purpose, so I fixed it for him.

Derekku wrote:

02:28:431 (7) - Expected two more repeats since the vocals end on the blue tick
*02:34:887 - Expected a note here after the stream
...this though, I don't know if he has other plans or wants to change it to I'll leave it to him.

Derekku wrote:

July 23 EDIT: Done modding (except for the timing).
Wow, fixing this took more time than what it should have. Thanks for the mod, it was very helpful~!
Nilsso
Great map, rank it asap! gogogogoggoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xierbaliti
wow Kirby MIX!
and some suggestions here:

-Normal-
better to change Stack Leniency to 0.5 or lower. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/150909 look at this image, it seems bad.

-Hard-
wow nice hitsound ;)
01:37:903 (1) - +whistle?
01:42:840 (12) - add whistle to the end?
01:45:308 - add a circle here?
01:45:498 (5) - add whistle to the start of the slider?

-Kirby-
00:30:892 - this green line seems not used, remove it?
01:01:272 (1,2,3,4,5) - the spacing is not good imo. it's a bit hard to read.
01:02:791 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
01:50:xxx - not sure about SB load. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/150893

have a star :P
Topic Starter
Gens
Thanks for the star! I applied what seemed fit.

The SB Load... well, I'm not the storyboarder so I don't know what can be optimized and such. I think it did lag me back then, with my previous computer, so we should seek for a fix...
Topic Starter
Gens
Rise from your grave. Susumu cannot die!
Starrodkirby86
Pardon me.

*I expected another w-gradient pulse here like at 18361. It seems there's a flash on my version. Maybe I already made this fix?
*Same as above for 48740. This doesn't quite follow the pattern. The 1/2 w-gradient flashes come right before the verse begins.
*w-thai seems to disappear from 79500 to 79880. Is this intended, or is it a layering issue? w-thai doesn't disappear – it's greyed out. So it's intentional.
*Same as above for 84816 to 85562. Certainly appearing here. Maybe I already made this fix.
*s-1.jpg: Why not fade this out at 116701 instead of 117080? Good idea.
*k-gradient.png doesn't seem to be changing color like it's supposed to in Kirby's diff... Found it. The original image wasn't greyscaled.

xierbaliti wrote:

-Kirby-
00:30:892 - this green line seems not used, remove it? Removed, honey.
01:01:272 (1,2,3,4,5) - the spacing is not good imo. it's a bit hard to read. Got a better pattern, thanks!
01:02:791 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
01:50:xxx - not sure about SB load. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/150893 Fixed.

have a star :P
Gens, download the .zip, extract it in the song folder. Replace k-gradient.png with the one attached here.

Download: I'm a cookie.zip

Topic Starter
Gens
I love you Kirby~

Now the only thing left is the pending timing recheck and we're good to go!
Lance

Gens wrote:

Now the only thing left is the pending timing recheck and we're good to go!
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:48 pm (over 3 months ago)
;_;
Topic Starter
Gens
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/289144

My goodness, I hadn't noticed. "Imitaion". That sounds funny.

Kirbyyyyy :(
Starrodkirby86
Not again!

Download: for-the-umpteenth-time.zip

Extract in the "sb" folder. It'll replace the credits images. I guess I had some Cambria font fetish earlier. Oh well! SEGOE UI, BRAH!
Derekku
My sincerest apologies for the huge delay!

[Timing]
*Yeah, I think this is perfect with just ONE uninherited section for the whole song. 513 offset feels right, and I only had ~10% mistimed notes when testing as opposed to 25% mistimed when testing with the three uninherited sections. The middle one felt too early (which it was), and the last one too late (which it was). Simply remove the two unneeded timing sections and resnap (albeit carefully on Kirby's diff with the 1/3 and 1/8).

[Storyboard]
*Why is the fog at 67348 so much more faded than the other parts of the song?
*I mentioned before that w-thai seems to disappear from 79500 to 79880 and from 84816 to 85562. Whether it's "grayed out" or "non-visible", I think it would look better fading from purple to gray rather than basically disappearing and then coming back.
*The lyrics look fine without fading out (since a new line of lyrics quickly replace the last), but the final line of each phrase looks strange when disappearing so abruptly. Therefore, I suggest slightly fading out the lyrics at 30892, 67348, and 146342.

[Easy]
*No spinners?
01:39:043 (2,1) - The spacing is much too close here. They look like they're only 1/2 apart when they're 3/4 apart. 01:40:751 (1,2) are 1/1 apart and it's a huge difference. I guess the easiest way to fix this would be to just move 01:40:751 (1,2) up a bit. http://puu.sh/sri8

[Normal]
*No spinners?
02:09:064 (3,4) - Perhaps make these more symmetrical like 02:11:342 (3,4) ?

[Hard]
*No spinners?
01:19:500 (11) - Was a new combo in other diffs, so I'd change it for the sake of consistency!
02:38:494 (11) - Actually, I'd expect this one to be a new combo too, but you didn't new combo it in other diffs... Change this one only if you want to change Easy/Normal's!

[KIRBY Mix]
02:32:608 (1) - Could possibly add two more notes so that the vocals are represented like with 02:28:431 (7).
Starrodkirby86

Derekku wrote:

[Storyboard]
*Why is the fog at 67348 so much more faded than the other parts of the song? It was a typo – the Fade was supposed to end at 68107, not 78107. Fixed.
*I mentioned before that w-thai seems to disappear from 79500 to 79880 and from 84816 to 85562. Whether it's "grayed out" or "non-visible", I think it would look better fading from purple to gray rather than basically disappearing and then coming back.There was something up at 79690, but since I couldn't find out exactly what it was, I decided to remove the fade altogether. It looked unsettling with that delayed start, anyway.
*The lyrics look fine without fading out (since a new line of lyrics quickly replace the last), but the final line of each phrase looks strange when disappearing so abruptly. Therefore, I suggest slightly fading out the lyrics at 30892, 67348, and 146342. I thought that the transitioning should be consistent coming in as to out, so I didn't do anything here. SWITCHED-ON LOTUS had such cut transitions with the lyrics, and subtitles are also common cases of cut transitioning.

[KIRBY Mix]
02:32:608 (1) - Could possibly add two more notes so that the vocals are represented like with 02:28:431 (7). Trololo, now it's megatons harder. :v
Download: you know what you doing.zip
Topic Starter
Gens
All done!

I love you Derekku~
Derekku
Everything looks great, but you might want to move your inherited lines back 5-10ms (or resnap them). Right now it looks like some samplesets are incorrect.
Topic Starter
Gens
Good catch... I blame the hurriedsome fixes I did. All sections have been correctly snapped this time~
Derekku
Much better~

Bubbled!
Topic Starter
Gens
Thanks Derek, for keeping an eye on this map for so long~
show more