forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
TheParody
http://katawa-shoujo.com/

Check it out ^
It's made by members of 4-chan, but in japanese-style. It's got great art, music and story and it's not ecchi/hentai. The full game will be released for free sometime this year, but there's a demo on their site now.
Rantai

TheParody wrote:

http://katawa-shoujo.com/

Check it out ^
It's made by members of 4-chan, but in japanese-style. It's got great art, music and story and it's not ecchi/hentai. The full game will be released for free sometime this year, but there's a demo on their site now.
Wow I thought it was fully released last year... guess I haven't checked back on it for a while...
Locher
i read VNs like Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, Edelweiss,G Senjou no Maou,Brass Restauration, etc
Now i slipped into Sengoku Rance... i cannot stop playing it...
Now I am only playing Rance games. the first one, the second one and the six one.
I feel so horrible now
hinamizawan
I have only read a bit of Higurashi Onikakushi-hen and currently reading Umineko no naku koro ni. God I'm extremely slow at reading still in EP 3 lol.
MDuh
I WANT Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii wake ga Nai Portable
but its only playable w/ PSP D:
someone teach me how to emulate it on PC 3.3
Firo Prochainezo

MDuh wrote:

I WANT Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii wake ga Nai Portable
but its only playable w/ PSP D:
someone teach me how to emulate it on PC 3.3
http://tinyurl.com/yzdofju
MDuh
Duh, I already installed JPCSP, I just don't know the specifics on how to make it work
Firo Prochainezo

MDuh wrote:

Duh, I already installed JPCSP, I just don't know the specifics on how to make it work
http://tinyurl.com/4hatm64
Shiirn
Demonbane better come out this month like JAST promised.
ampzz
Generic thread bump because this is relevant to my interests.

A few of my favourite VNs thus far:
  1. Aiyoku no Eustia
  2. G Senjō no Maō
  3. Maji de watshini Koishinasai!
  4. Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shōjo (inclusive of the fan disc)
I love most of Akabeisoft's titles but it's a shame that outside of Japan IP addresses are denied access to their homepage due to the whole (pointless) crap happened a year or so ago.
Some other companies jumped on the same band wagon by banning international IPs also but I forget which exactly.

In regards to the JAST official releases I'm hoping they release Eien no Aselia with a a higher resolution at least.
Faust
I was hoping to get Kara no Shoujo, but then SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHH.

Playing Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou no Maou currently.

Waiting on Fate/Hollow Ataraxia's latest patch.
Topic Starter
Kokizi

ampzz wrote:

I love most of Akabeisoft's titles but it's a shame that outside of Japan IP addresses are denied access to their homepage due to the whole (pointless) crap happened a year or so ago.
Some other companies jumped on the same band wagon by banning international IPs also but I forget which exactly.

In regards to the JAST official releases I'm hoping they release Eien no Aselia with a a higher resolution at least.
I raged so much when I found out that Minori blocked gaijins from accessing their homepage.

well, at least they have something like this now.

waiting for Eien no Aselia and Majikoi to get finished. Also waiting for Eng release of School days.

playing canvas 2 and re-playing remember11.

Faust wrote:

Playing Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou no Maou currently.

Waiting on Fate/Hollow Ataraxia's latest patch.
prepare for disappointment on G-senjou no maou.

F/HA's Ilya's Castle mini-game really amused me.
ampzz

Kokizi wrote:

prepare for disappointment on G-senjou no maou.
All bar the one (Usami's) route!
Faust
Heh. I like to be surprised.

I take things as they come. It's well-written and I'm always looking forward to it.
YGOkid8
Ace Attorney series.
9 hours 9 persons 9 doors. <- This game was awesome. If you love Visual Novels, I HIGHLY recommend you play it.
Mogsy
Jarby

Mogsworth wrote:

Localized otome game? Sign me up.
Well this could be interesting, let's see...

steaming batch of androgynous men
(not to be confused with Yaoi)
I'll pass.
YGOkid8
Aksys described the game as a cross between their sleeper-hit of last year 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
yes please. i need to play more visual novel games, Ace Attorney and 999 being the only ones i've played -.-
NatsumeRin
999 is probably the easiest AVG i've ever seen...
blobman000
I've been playing through Clannad recently.
It's great, but some of the routes are just depressing.
nanda2009
Still playing Oreimo Portable... ;)
good thing I have a PSP :lol:
Topic Starter
Kokizi
marking canvas 2 as finished even though I haven't played the loli and the club president's route.
ampzz
Finally got around to finishing off Sengoku Rance which had been sitting untouched for a few months and have no started Kara no Shoujo and getting around to finishing up Princess Waltz.

Then again I might just get broed midway and start redoing Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo for the umpteenth time lol.
Faust

ampzz wrote:

Kara no Shoujo
Me jelly.

Does the one you have contain voices? Translated? ; w ;
Topic Starter
Kokizi

ampzz wrote:

Finally got around to finishing off Sengoku Rance.
play daibanchou next :D
Faust
Started playing Kara no Shoujo

Amazing.

And just finished 2 of the translated routes on Majikoi!
DeeN
waitting for mahoutsukai no yoru
i have subscribed it but date put off again and again :(

(hey nasu start ur work! dont play ps3 :<)
Faust
. . . .Kara no Shoujo is the first Visual Novel that's made me want to actually unsee things. . . . .God Dammit.

Also, the hentai for this is pretty lol. Watching it just because.

EDIT: KARA NO SHOUJO 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ampzz
Finally got around to finishing off Princess Waltz, Ever 17 and the Tsubaki/Mizuha routes in G-Senjou no Maou.

Surprised it took me this long to finish them but then again I was too busy playing osu!, rewatching BD releases of anime I had seen before and catching up on a few manga titles I let slip behind..

Going to start up Kara no Shoujo and possibly get a start on the rest of D.C. Da Capo II.
07 Ghost
Since some/most of the titles here are eroges and contain some explicit content, I have only one thing to say.
Zerostarry
i'm playing monster girl quest
07 Ghost

Zerostarry wrote:

and i fapped 5 times over 2 days
OH GAWD. How do you fap to something like that?

Also... I discovered something very strange.

The dog's name is Kud... just like in little busters.
Also the Kud in little busters likes dog and is seen animated with dog ears.
Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
Shiirn
shoutouts are common in vns
Zerostarry

07 Ghost wrote:

Zerostarry wrote:

OH GAWD. How do you fap to something like that?
Don't knock it till you try it, most of the girls aren't my taste but there's a few like the loli bandits that are just too cute ;_;
h3k1ru

Zerostarry wrote:

thats a lot lol

YGOkid8

h3k1ru wrote:

oh dayum
07 Ghost

h3k1ru wrote:

Zerostarry wrote:

thats a lot lol

OMG I REMEMBER THAT PART. But then again pretty much everything Rance says is going to be funny.
ampzz
Sengoku Rance amazed me regardless of the fact I still haven't finished the game (due to not really knowing how to play the game itself) with how funny the context actually was in it.

I'm looking forward to starting up Devils Devel Concept and Ludesia Spidering with Scraping whenever I get around to it.
07 Ghost
The interface is just like BBA. It shouldn't be too hard to work out. Anyways, I just wanted to ask a question. Do you play 18+ visual novels for story, or for the scenes?
thelewa

Zerostarry wrote:

That is not a lot.

at least 20 times in 2 days

vores AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY EYES
show more