forum

Rie Kugimiya, Eri Kitamura & Yui Horie - Orange (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
NotShinta
General:
#modreqs
Tick rate 2 is recommended throughout all difficulties, due to the song being 1/2.
Why isn't this spinner background orange I feel lied to it's clearly yellow

Saten's Something Insane:
00:01:128 (3) - I think this jump's a bit silly and inappropriate to practically start the map off with.
00:22:343 (5,6) - These are awkward and not mapped to anything, especially 6. You could also probably pull off a better pattern with just 4.

Hard:
00:39:271 (3) - I think this would look and play better more like this example.
00:57:057 (1) - Finish on the start of this?
01:03:057 (4) - ^
01:26:843 (1,2,3,4) - Make this symmetrical from the center?

Net's Something Normal:
00:01:986 (3) - Inconsistent stacks (in this case, 1/1 then 1/2 apart) aren't recommended, especially for a Normal, due to being hard to read. (take this into account for other times in the map, too)

Easy:
00:37:771 (1) - I would add a finish on this.
At the ending, that amount of spinners could be difficult for new players. Or not. I'm not sure.

This mod is a silly place
Saten

NotShinta wrote:

Saten's Something Insane:
00:01:128 (3) - I think this jump's a bit silly and inappropriate to practically start the map off with. not silly :V
00:22:343 (5,6) - These are awkward and not mapped to anything, especially 6. You could also probably pull off a better pattern with just 4. (5) is mapped to the acoustic guitar sound. The (6) is there to go with the flow.
*~*
Topic Starter
Weez

NotShinta wrote:

General:
#modreqs
Tick rate 2 is recommended throughout all difficulties, due to the song being 1/2. done
Why isn't this spinner background orange I feel lied to it's clearly yellow I got it from the old orange map D: changed

Hard:
00:39:271 (3) - I think this would look and play better more like this example.
00:57:057 (1) - Finish on the start of this?
01:03:057 (4) - ^
01:26:843 (1,2,3,4) - Make this symmetrical from the center?

Easy:
00:37:771 (1) - I would add a finish on this. sound better without one
At the ending, that amount of spinners could be difficult for new players. Or not. I'm not sure.

This mod is a silly place
SapphireGhost
All fruits should be orange
That's all
Topic Starter
Weez

SapphireGhost wrote:

All fruits should be orange
That's all
Tried comes out like this:

combines with the current combo colors :T oh well
Saten
make them all oranges? :3
Catch the Oranges~♪
ziin
Topic Starter
Weez
and all oranges just seem weird. Have you ever seen a blue orange? and plus people probably won't notice
Gonzvlo
[General]
  1. I expected 'orange' hitcircles, Perhaps you can consider to use this?
  2. Add: 'spinner-osu' - 'spinner-spin' and 'spinner-clear' to avoid any posible skin mixing, remember that you can use the template ones.
  3. Tags: Remove '2' is too generic and short, 'ending' is enough.
  4. 01:26:200 - You should end this map here, that last part is not rhythmic enough. Mapping that 'sound' seems ridiculous.
  5. Taiko: Seems fine, just a minor suggestion: End that last spinner here: 01:26:200 -
[Ryuji-Easy]
  1. This seems more like an "easy" [Normal] IMO. However, the HPDrain and OD are too high for an [Easy] diff like this one, -1 tick for both please. The AR seems high too, but due to the high quantity of objects placed in this diff, reducing it doesn't look too good, it's up to you.
  2. 00:19:986 (3,4) - I'm a bit worried about this pattern, I was a bit hard to follow for me at first glance so It might be confusing for rookies. I suggest to remove (4) and then make (3) longer
  3. 01:14:200 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Spinners are one of the most difficult objects for rookies so I'm not sure about these patterns (Spinner-object-spinner-object). Try to replace those spinners with long sliders, at least 2 of them.
[Net's Kitamura-Normal]
  1. Use Tick Rate: '2' for this diff, like the other ones included in this mapset.
  2. 00:58:557 (1) - I can't find a good reason to silence this spinner, it sounds a bit disorienting. Unsilence it please.
  3. 01:13:343 (1,2,3,4) - That last circle was not intuitive enough imo. I can come up with 2 solutions: Use 2 sliders instead // Remove (4) and start the next spinner here: 01:13:986 -
  4. 01:14:200 (1) - It's not necessary to silence this spinner-end completely, try with 30% + a soft-whistle, sounds way better.
  5. 01:23:628 (1) - Try reducing the volume for this spinner gradually, otherwise it sounds a bit odd.
[Ami-Hard]
  1. Perhaps HPDrain -1?
  2. 00:37:986 (2,3,4) - I didn't like the sudden spacing increase, this part is slow so a 'decrease' is way more expected. Try something like this.
  3. 00:42:914 (1) - I find this circle not intuitive enough, it kills the flow imo. I sugges to remove it and then make the spinner 1/2 longer.
  4. 00:56:843 (4) - Due to the previous hit-bursts, this circle is quite hard to see, I strongly suggest to move it somewhere else.
  5. 01:14:093 (1) - This spinner should start 1/4 later right when that "bell" sounds (Same for the next ones)
  6. 01:26:843 (1,2,3,4) - I find this spacing confusing and not easy to read, something like this would play better, look cleaner and be easier to read.
[Saten's Taiga-Insane]
  1. 00:13:557 (4) - Better place a NC for this slider-speed change.
  2. 00:41:628 (1) - Why this slider doesn't use 0.75x? It's the same part of the song. I strongly suggest to use 0.75x for this slider too, otherwise it's quite unexpected.
  3. 00:57:057 (1,2,3,4,5) - Ok, I understand that you're using some kind of wide spacing, which until now, is working great. But this spacing doesn't make sense, specifically between (2)&(3), make spacing even or find other way to make it readable, please.
  4. 00:58:986 (3,4,5) - Use this NC pattern to make these jumps more friendly for players.
  5. 01:00:914 (5,6) - This spacing seems random too, Look how spacing increases and then it suddenly reduces again but the music/rhythm hasn't changed at all. Fix this please.
  6. 01:06:271 (6) - Place a NC here to re-mark the slow-down.
  7. 01:13:986 (1) - 0.50x doesn't feel good, it kills the flow. 0.75x works better imo, you should use 0.75x those '0.50x' sliders.
  8. Overall, I enjoyed this diff, good job.
\o/
OzzyOzrock
MAKE THE FRUITS ALL ORANGES OR IT'S UNRANKABLE

UOHOHOMUAHAHAHAHTEEHEHEE
Topic Starter
Weez

OzzyOzrock wrote:

MAKE THE FRUITS ALL ORANGES OR IT'S UNRANKABLE

UOHOHOMUAHAHAHAHTEEHEHEE
fiiine -_- due to popular demand; all fruits are all oranges

~Will update when I'm not half asleep~
ziin

Gonzvlo wrote:

[*]Add: 'spinner-osu' - 'spinner-spin' and 'spinner-clear' to avoid any posible skin mixing, remember that you can use the template ones.
please don't. I like my spinner text, and spinner hints are part of a different group from the actual spinner.
MakiseLover
I suggest to use this circle from Hatsune Miku - Yellow , It look better than your original circle ;)

It look like orange ~~!

net45291

payuLnw wrote:

I suggest to use this circle from Hatsune Miku - Yellow , It look better than your original circle ;)

It look like orange ~~!
I prefer to use that orange 8-)

Fixed~~

Download: Rie Kugimiya, Eri Kitamura & Yui Horie - Orange (TV Size) (Weezy) [Net's Kitamura-Normal].osu
winber1
Saten's

--Hp Drain -1? (sometimes the hp drain seems a little harsh, or maybe it was just me being too lazy to spin a spinner... i was spinning at like 250 rpm lol and went down to almost half my hp bar >_> during the first spinner.)
--Although the variation in the jumps is kinda random imo, it reads fine i guess. if i can fc it, i guess that means something lol.

It's fine other than that imo.

Hard

00:10:771 (2,3) - this seems a little close. I'd like it if you'd either move them a little further apart, or add a note at 00:11:414 (I like the latter better fyi)
00:20:414 (x) - add note? (just to keep the space inbetween notes the same
01:16:343 (1) - delete note? it just doesn't fit imo.
01:19:771 (1,1) - ^
01:26:843 (1,2,3,4) - make symmetrical about the y-axis?
01:26:414 (1) - you could even add a note here if you want, but idk if you want a note 1/2 tick after a spinner.

Normal

--I don't really like how there are many stacks in this beatmap that are vary in length, as in some "stacks" are 1/2 tick and some are 1/1 that that could be annoying for a beginning to read.
--Also, if you stack so much, it kinda gets boring, at least in my opinion. I don't stack things a lot, but I do it occasionally to kind of give the beatmap a little more variation, and imo it's really fun if you use stacks correctly, not if you place it everywhere around the map D:

00:00:486 (1,2,3) - I would space this out. Since combo 1 and combo 2 after 1/1 tick away, i get the feeling that combo 2 and 3 are also 1/1 tick spaced when they are actually not. I actually screwed the when i first played this lol >_>
00:11:843 (2,3) - i don't like this "stack" or whatever you call it.
00:30:700 (4,5) - space out plz.
00:32:414 (4,5) - ^? tho I guess I'm fine with this one if you leave it as is.
...and you can reconsider other stacks if you want.. or not.

00:58:557 (1) - not sure if you should use this silened spinner in a normal diff. oh well.
01:09:271 (1,2,3,4) - do something more interesting with this instead of stacking? >_>
01:13:343 (1,2,3,4) - ^

Easy

00:20:414 (x) - Perhaps add a note? I just want the rests in between the notes to be the same so it's easier to read lol. then again, maybe you don't want notes to be 1/2 tick away in an easy diff.

Nice map! :3
ziin
or ya know,
Topic Starter
Weez

Gonzvlo wrote:

[General]
  1. I expected 'orange' hitcircles, Perhaps you can consider to use this? Me like :D added
  2. Add: 'spinner-osu' - 'spinner-spin' and 'spinner-clear' to avoid any posible skin mixing, remember that you can use the template ones. Done
  3. Tags: Remove '2' is too generic and short, 'ending' is enough. Done
  4. 01:26:200 - You should end this map here, that last part is not rhythmic enough. Mapping that 'sound' seems ridiculous. Fine going back to what I originally had there, nothing :P
  5. Taiko: Seems fine, just a minor suggestion: End that last spinner here: 01:26:200 - That's up to Medi :T
[Ryuji-Easy]
  1. This seems more like an "easy" [Normal] IMO. However, the HPDrain and OD are too high for an [Easy] diff like this one, -1 tick for both please. The AR seems high too, but due to the high quantity of objects placed in this diff, reducing it doesn't look too good, it's up to you. It's a "hard" [Easy] :) anyways changed the OD and HP
  2. 00:19:986 (3,4) - I'm a bit worried about this pattern, I was a bit hard to follow for me at first glance so It might be confusing for rookies. I suggest to remove (4) and then make (3) longer Done
  3. 01:14:200 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Spinners are one of the most difficult objects for rookies so I'm not sure about these patterns (Spinner-object-spinner-object). Try to replace those spinners with long sliders, at least 2 of them. After being like the fifth person to mention this, changed the second and third spinners to sliders
[Net's Kitamura-Normal]
  1. Use Tick Rate: '2' for this diff, like the other ones included in this mapset.
  2. 00:58:557 (1) - I can't find a good reason to silence this spinner, it sounds a bit disorienting. Unsilence it please.
  3. 01:13:343 (1,2,3,4) - That last circle was not intuitive enough imo. I can come up with 2 solutions: Use 2 sliders instead // Remove (4) and start the next spinner here: 01:13:986 -
  4. 01:14:200 (1) - It's not necessary to silence this spinner-end completely, try with 30% + a soft-whistle, sounds way better.
  5. 01:23:628 (1) - Try reducing the volume for this spinner gradually, otherwise it sounds a bit odd.

Looks like Net made all changes...I think...
[Ami-Hard]
  1. Perhaps HPDrain -1? Done
  2. 00:37:986 (2,3,4) - I didn't like the sudden spacing increase, this part is slow so a 'decrease' is way more expected. Try something like this. Changed to an attempt of what your suggested.
  3. 00:42:914 (1) - I find this circle not intuitive enough, it kills the flow imo. I sugges to remove it and then make the spinner 1/2 longer. Done
  4. 00:56:843 (4) - Due to the previous hit-bursts, this circle is quite hard to see, I strongly suggest to move it somewhere else. Done
  5. 01:14:093 (1) - This spinner should start 1/4 later right when that "bell" sounds (Same for the next ones) Done
  6. 01:26:843 (1,2,3,4) - I find this spacing confusing and not easy to read, something like this would play better, look cleaner and be easier to read. This is irrelevant cuz nothing is there :P
\o/
Waiting for Saten and Medi for their diffs.

winber1 wrote:

Hard

00:10:771 (2,3) - this seems a little close. I'd like it if you'd either move them a little further apart, or add a note at 00:11:414 (I like the latter better fyi) Naw placing one there seems like an empty note to me
00:20:414 (x) - add note? (just to keep the space inbetween notes the same While ruin my pattern D:
01:16:343 (1) - delete note? it just doesn't fit imo. nope fits fine to me :T
01:19:771 (1,1) - ^ ^same as above
01:26:843 (1,2,3,4) - make symmetrical about the y-axis? Decided to go back to what I originally had and delete those notes
01:26:414 (1) - you could even add a note here if you want, but idk if you want a note 1/2 tick after a spinner.^same

Easy

00:20:414 (x) - Perhaps add a note? I just want the rests in between the notes to be the same so it's easier to read lol. then again, maybe you don't want notes to be 1/2 tick away in an easy diff. this whole section has been changed in previous mod.

Nice map! :3
thanks for the two mods :D

payuLnw wrote:

It look like orange ~~!
I did something better
Topic Starter
Weez
Added this new spinner circle

PLEASE if anyone finds something wrong with it, let me know (I'm pretty noob at this stuff >.<)
winber1
SPOILER

Weezy wrote:

Added this new spinner circle
lol
ziin
oh my heart. Don't worry I'll fix the skin later.
Topic Starter
Weez

ziin wrote:

oh my heart. Don't worry I'll fix the skin later.
Well atleast I gave it a try
Saten
net45291

Weezy wrote:

Looks like Net made all changes...I think...
Yaaaaaaay~~ Weezy X3 , I do. O w o
Topic Starter
Weez
Alright everything is update to date now :D
ziin
http://up.ppy.sh/files/orangeskin.zip

I didn't like the hitcircle (it's got jpg artifacts...) so I used the spinner I posted. Also included are 2 overlays, since if you use gonz's hitcircle, you need to ditch my old overlay.

You also are supposed to have a fruit ryuuta and fruit drop if you skin the fruits, but I think it's silly to skin ryuuta, since it's essentially a cursor. I made one, but who knows if anyone will like it...

Oh well, we should be all set to go now. If you want a white border around the spinner, just ask and I'll add it (or you can do it pretty easily too).

Please include "SliderBorder: 255,255,255" under [colours]
Topic Starter
Weez
not adding the fruit ryuuta feels weird (I'm picky with em)

well thanks :D
ziin

Weezy wrote:

not adding the fruit ryuuta feels weird (I'm picky with em)
I don't blame you. I hate maps that skin my cursor...
YGOkid8
General:
- Saten's Taiga-Insane is missing a 2 in Tags.

That's it. Nice map you have here. Loving the diff. spread.
Saten

YGOkid8 wrote:

General:

Weezy, you forgot to remove t "2" D:
Topic Starter
Weez

YGOkid8 wrote:

General:

2 was suppose to be removed in all diffs >.< anyways fixed now

and im guessing no kudos?
YGOkid8
no kudosu.
Topic Starter
Weez
yaaaaay thanks :)
Rucker
good~ :)
Garven
Blame DxS

[General]
<3 ctb skin, haha.
Remove ending from tags

[Easy]
Remove letterboxing
00:52:128 (3) - I've been kind of grimacing whenever I saw the short sliders like this, but following it up with a hit object so soon afterwards is kinda iffy for an easy for sure.
This plays more like a Normal than an easy with the rhythms that you used. Simplifying them would go a long way towards making this more of an Easy. That said, what is placed is placed quite well.

[Normal]
00:34:771 (2) - Add finish?
00:47:843 (2,3) - Move down and right 1 level 4 grid to adjust for stacking.
A lot of the notes after spinners (that are 1 beat [white tick] away from the end) are really iffy for a Normal difficulty. If you could find ways to give a little more recovery time it'd play a lot better for this level of of map.

[Hard]
Remove letterboxing
00:05:414 (5,6) - Reduce this jump a little bit? It's uncharacteristically huge compared to the rest of the map.
01:20:200 (1,2,3,4) - Kind of boring considering the other two have actual patters.

[Taiko]
00:56:200 (57,58,59,60,61,62) - Strange rhythm to throw out considering how you mapped the rest of the song.

[Insane]
Remove letterboxing
00:13:557 (1) - Aww, this slider worked really well as a good transition into the slower part of the song. You kinda ruined it when you set the slider speed back to 1x and continued a fairly fast-paced mapping style for a really calm part of the song.
00:46:771 - What the- The volume decrease can't be intentional here.

Nice set. I worry about the Easy a little, but the rest of it is nice.
DeathxShinigami
Foosh~
Makar
Star \o/
Saten

Garven wrote:

[Insane]
Remove letterboxing I don't see why removing letterboxing on a map with no breaktime- (removed anyway :P)
00:13:557 (1) - Aww, this slider worked really well as a good transition into the slower part of the song. You kinda ruined it when you set the slider speed back to 1x and continued a fairly fast-paced mapping style for a really calm part of the song. I agree, made it abit friendlier and changed that section to 0,75x
00:46:771 - What the- The volume decrease can't be intentional here. \o/

Download: Rie Kugimiya, Eri Kitamura & Yui Horie - Orange (TV Size) (Weezy) [Saten's Taiga-Insane].osu
Topic Starter
Weez

Garven wrote:

Blame DxS

[General]
<3 ctb skin, haha.
Remove ending from tags

[Easy]
Remove letterboxing
00:52:128 (3) - I've been kind of grimacing whenever I saw the short sliders like this, but following it up with a hit object so soon afterwards is kinda iffy for an easy for sure.
This plays more like a Normal than an easy with the rhythms that you used. Simplifying them would go a long way towards making this more of an Easy. That said, what is placed is placed quite well. I changed some of the short sliders, ones that when changed would work better on an Easy, but I want to leave some like the ones at the start because I don't wanna place all hit objects just on the white ticks.

[Normal]
00:34:771 (2) - Add finish?
00:47:843 (2,3) - Move down and right 1 level 4 grid to adjust for stacking.
A lot of the notes after spinners (that are 1 beat [white tick] away from the end) are really iffy for a Normal difficulty. If you could find ways to give a little more recovery time it'd play a lot better for this level of of map. I've seen Easy maps that do this as well, IMO i wanna leave it but if Net wants to change it then I'm for that too.

[Hard]
Remove letterboxing
00:05:414 (5,6) - Reduce this jump a little bit? It's uncharacteristically huge compared to the rest of the map.
01:20:200 (1,2,3,4) - Kind of boring considering the other two have actual patters.

Nice set. I worry about the Easy a little, but the rest of it is nice.
Well everything should be good now.
Medi-chan_old
Topic Starter
Weez
Thank you, everything should be good now
show more