forum

Dynasty Warriors / Samurai Warriors

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Backfire
LOOOOOOOL Yeah, I saw that one.

Also, Dynasty Warriors Gundam and that Fist of the north star game. Sengoku basara game which name escapes me right now, but that was by capcom.
Topic Starter
Backfire
*WTF DOUBLE POST*
Vext_old

adam2046 wrote:

Vext wrote:

Warriors Orochi > Samurai Warriors > Dynasty Warriors... I think they need another series with Warriors in the title.

Also Ina is teh best.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warriors:_Legends_of_Troy
Damn it Koei!
ThunderTopaz
Favorite team(s) - Wu / Jin
Favorite character(s) - Sima Zhou / Dia Quo / Pang Tong
Favorite game - Dynasty Warriors 7
Topic Starter
Backfire

ThunderTopaz wrote:

What system do you have? We could play DW7 together :D
ThunderTopaz

Backfire wrote:

ThunderTopaz wrote:

What system do you have? We could play DW7 together :D
I have a PS3
but the PSN wont be on until the end of the month sadly
not like I had any PSN friends or games that is mostly meant for online.
So I wont be trolling or getting mad like some people do about the PSN hacker.
But I'll be happy to fight with you on DW7 if you have a PS3 and when PSN comes back on :D
ThunderTopaz
I just got an Idea!
I should make beatmaps with the Dynasty Warriors 7 Songs like Kids Around Ska or maybe Epic Man...... or maybe The Last Battle! So many songs to choose from! :)
Topic Starter
Backfire
XD I dont have a ps3, sadly. ;w;

And I think some people tried to map DW songs, dunno if any have been ranked.

I can't remember the names of the ones I like though XD

Edit- Take that back. One was ranked. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/16417
Ivalset
I've always been a little gay for Wu.

Characters: Sun Shang Xiang / Zhou Yu / Mori Ranmaru

Haven't actually played that many of the individual games, just Dynasty Warriors 3, a little of 4, and Warriors Orochi 1 and 2.
Topic Starter
Backfire
I really can't get into Wu very much. :c
Vext_old
Wu has Da Qiao, they win everything by default.
whymeman
*appears*

I've been using Zhou Yu since DW 2 and he did play well till they started to change his moves around DW 4 and DW 5. Then they gave him the staff in 6. I still remember using Nu Wa (in DW 3) for the fact she's a combo machine just like Xiao Qiao. Though, has anyone tried the CAW with a Rapier? That weapon is no joke in DW 5.

For Samurai Warriors, Yukimura kicks enough ass, but there's still others like Magoichi and Ina for skilled range combat, Keji, Tadakatsu, Ginchiyo, Musashi and for melee, and from Dynasty and Samurai Warriors, i've been making a few created warriors that usually end up better than either of them somehow. I still like Samurai Warriors for the action and control of the battle (the bullet time using musou is a plus), but I also like Dynasty Warriors for the fact you have to kill like +1000 troops just to get somewhere (and they appear at a stupidly fast rate in DW5).

I still have Samurai Warriors 1 (with XL) and 2 (and the Empires Version for PS2 and 360). For Dynasty Warriors, its all PS2 from 2, 3 (with XL), 4 (with XL), 5 (with XL), and tried 6 but didn't like it as much since it felt somewhat lacking..... but I still wonder about Samurai Warriors 3 seeing how it plays....
Topic Starter
Backfire
I have SW 2 and empires. Still have yet to play them XD

Zhou Yu looks like a vampire in DW7, lol.

I forgot about the Qiao's. They kick ass. :3
awp
Lu Bu
Topic Starter
Backfire
IT HAS LU BU IN IT! (+1 For whoever gets the reference *cough*destructoid*cough*)
Kokizi
how about ROTK?
ThunderTopaz

Backfire wrote:

I have SW 2 and empires. Still have yet to play them XD

Zhou Yu looks like a vampire in DW7, lol.

I forgot about the Qiao's. They kick ass. :3
the smart, staff guy?
I always thought he looked like an elf
Topic Starter
Backfire
yeah, the staff guy X3
Randy96
Shu and Zhao Yun, ftw
Topic Starter
Backfire

Randy96 wrote:

Shu and Zhao Yun, ftw
fffff- yeahhh~
Thimeeh
Warriors Orochi 1&2 are the best of the series in my opinion. Although I have pretty much liked all of Musou games I have tried. I found DW games rather boring because of the lack of moves, but DW7 is very good.

Sengoku Basara has some great characters, but only one combo/character + the fact that the maps are all about running to the boss and beating it kinda kills it.
Fist of the north star had the same peoblem with the levels. That game was all about the bosses. But every character had a shitload of specials so killing the small fry was fun too.

Samurai Warriors have the best system in them. Lots of characters with unique movesets and ~4 different combos keeps the game interesting. DWs have also lots of characters, but guys with same weapons have same moves so there are as many unique characters as there are unique weapons.
Unlike in Sengoku Basara, in SWs and DWs there are other losing conditions apart the "don't die" one. This means you can't just run for the boss so there is some tactical aspect in these games.

So Warriors Orochi is the best because: It is basically Samurai Warriors + the characters of Dynasty Warriors. Now if only they'd make one for PS3/XboX360

And to conclude the long rant: my favorites.
Wu with Zhou Tai, Sun Ce and Sun Shang Xiang
Oda army with Mitsuhide Akechi, Ranmaru Mori and Nene. Sakon Shima and Ginchiyo Tachibana are cool too
Masamune Date from Sengoku Basara
ampzz
Slight bit of an interest in this series and was just wondering about people's thoughts on the recent Dynasty Warriors release that's come out.
Is 7 worth the money or would I again be disappointed like I was with 6 with how broken the actual game felt?
Haseo_old
Favorites:
Character: Ma Chao ( in Dynasty Warriors 5 only, then switched to Kunoichi in Warriors Orochi)
Dynasty: Shu
Favorite Theme: Swordsmen in the Plain (DW5)
Favorite Stage: Battle of Cheng Du (DW5)

No biased view intended.
Vext_old
I likes the ones with small breastesses.
Thimeeh

ampzz wrote:

Slight bit of an interest in this series and was just wondering about people's thoughts on the recent Dynasty Warriors release that's come out.
Is 7 worth the money or would I again be disappointed like I was with 6 with how broken the actual game felt?
It's a lot better than DW6. The best DW I have ever played. Gameplay has been fixed and the story is quite involving with the option of running around in the main camp and talk to people :D

If you're interested in the series, this is your best option. Although I still prefer Samurai Warriors, but this is the best DW has to offer and I liked it very much.
Locher
Fan Since Dynasty Warriors 2 for PS2.
Hero of choice!?

MA FUCKING CHAO
I FIGHT IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE

Hating Dynasty Warriors 6 for the stupidly weapon move change.....
Lunah_old
oh.. I was missing this thread,
I just played every game of dynasty warriors/tactics and samurai warriors \;D/

about dw I prefer SHU and my favorite character is Ma Chao \:D/ .. for samurai warriors absolutely yukimura

also My favorite battle is Chi bi of WU defending against WEI, \:D/
noneed
Sorry for necroing but..

DW8 is pretty fucking awesome. Ever since 5 Xtreme Legends DW went downhill imo. DW6 for the PS3 was a clusterfuck with a downgrade in characters, moves and weapons. Empires wasn't half bad but still not what DW used to be. Didn't catch up much on 7 but 8 is fucking amazing.

So many characters, so many weapons, Lu Bu's daughter(!!!) and DW8 Xtreme Legends is even on steam for 50 bucks and that's also where I found it again. Tbh, I was still sceptical so I pirated it first but good lord it's awesome. Mashing two buttons has never been that much fun. I tried both, playing with keyboard and controller and obviously it's more fun with the controller but totally playable with keyboard as well since you don't need to do any fancy combos.

So, for anyone who stopped playing DW for whatever reasons I would honestly recommend you to give DW8XL a chance. It is just as fun as DW 3 and 4, looks gorgeous, Lu Bu campaign mode and an ambition mode where you build your own small camp to the capital for the emperor.