forum

What's the most overappreciated map by the community?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[[[[[[
edit: ok to make things more interesting let's say 6 digits+ players don't exist

for me it's probox's exit this earth atomosphere, yeah the tumour sliders are cool when the map is released but it's not special any more imo, now it just looks like another tech map with waaaaaay too much tumour sliders

(the hitsound is still godly tho)
tity
go to beatmap listing and sort by plays
Kinmiri

sort by plays and this is true
Zelzatter Zero

tity wrote:

Topic Starter
[[[[[[

tity wrote:

Kinmiri wrote:

sort by plays and this is true
i don't think most people who played these maps appreciated them tho
sisig
go to beatmap listing, filter by loved, sort by plays
nominomu
please dont kill me when i say raise my sword and lionheart are bad (mostly because i dont like the songs)
lewski
but if no one cares enough about the maps to get mad at you, they aren't very overappreciated
gummibar
beatmapsets/997827#osu/2087153 this placed #3 in aspire 2018. it has a case for being the worst map ever made.
Stomiks

gummibar wrote:

beatmapsets/997827#osu/2087153 this placed #3 in aspire 2018. it has a case for being the worst map ever made.
Only 1 person has a B score in that map lmao
Topic Starter
[[[[[[

Stomiks wrote:

gummibar wrote:

Only 1 person has a B score in that map lmao
aspire mapping momment lol

and yeah this entry is not rly the best

flareling22 wrote:

please dont kill me when i say raise my sword and lionheart are bad (mostly because i dont like the songs)
i don't think there's anyone who unironicly like lionheart lol, same thing with raise my sword but not as bad
joestarrr69

dPeace wrote:

i don't think there's anyone who unironicly like lionheart lol, same thing with raise my sword but not as bad
If GALNERYUS has million fans, then I'm one of them.
If GALNERYUS has one fan, then I'm THAT ONE.
If GALNERYUS has no fans, that means I'm dead.

dont really like sotarks' map tho
AdeAAa

flareling22 wrote:

That's a you problem, the maps have nothing to do with your personal song preferences and they're definitely not overappreciated lmao
7ambda
Certainly not the most overhyped but Cycle Hit is up there
BetterMeman
For me Blue Zenith is definitely up there. It’s kinda just another stream map that cookiezi got a good score on. Someone from a different era of osu might have a different opinion, but I just don’t see it.
Vaxii
I believe most farm maps are overappreciated, sure most people hate them, but damn they go overappreciated from the amount of PP they give.
iaport
I know I'm a 6 digit, but hear me out: all the graveyarded jump maps with a lotta plays. I've even made a diff for one or two of them and it seems that if the map plays well it's an amazing map. Which, frankly, I disagree wholeheartedly with.

Oh and the variety of practice maps for obvious reasons. On rare occasions they're well made, but generally, it's just a boring box or a pattern used over and over, pretty often with the quality of the previously mentioned maps.
MrMcMikey22

iaport wrote:

I know I'm a 6 digit, but hear me out: all the graveyarded jump maps with a lotta plays. I've even made a diff for one or two of them and it seems that if the map plays well it's an amazing map. Which, frankly, I disagree wholeheartedly with.

Oh and the variety of practice maps for obvious reasons. On rare occasions they're well made, but generally, it's just a boring box or a pattern used over and over, pretty often with the quality of the previously mentioned maps.

when a frikin square jump map becomes loved
l1mi
Right now id say Galaxy collapse&Flame wall.
Corne2Plum3
-Koish-
ztrout's visit to the proctologist
Lp9
true dj mag top ranker beatmapsets/1357624#osu/2916949