forum

What anime are you currently watching and what do you think about it?

posted
Total Posts
show more
her everything
i'm not watching anything atm but i'm currently reading spyxfamily. i know it is overrated but i have to admit, it's a interesting and a funny manga
Swaiyu
violet evergarden, the animation is just omg
his everything
Just watched Chainsaw Man episode 7 and Himeno has lost all my respect BUT Power/Denji are still my favorites
Kaaruumii

Kaaruumii wrote:

naruto again because i hate my life i want to be real shinobi
yeppp, still watching naruto
Stomiks

Kaaruumii wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

Are you watching the filler episodes?
Nuuskamuikkunen
I've been watching Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom.

For 2009 standards animation is superb, I also like the opening and the sountrack.
About the story, seems to develop slowly but surely.
Kaaruumii

Stomiks wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

i watched em all one time before so hell no lol (except shippuden tho)
179bpm
im not watching an anime rn (mainly because im relatively new to the genre) but i wannna try re:zero for my first actual non-kid anime but im pretty cautious about starting watching anime
Stomiks

Kaaruumii wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

I see.

Are you gonna watch boruto as well?
Kaaruumii

Stomiks wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

I see.

Are you gonna watch boruto as well?
ill try it but ill stop if its bad or annoying to watch but im gonna watch the entire shippuden series and the movies that are cannon
TheAngryNerd101
Recently finished Bubblegum Crisis. Despite some weird writing flaws here and there (like character deaths and emotional drama that absolutely do not work) it's a pretty fun Sci-Fi Police show with great animation and an outstanding soundtrack. The main girls are all likeable and each have excellent designs. The opening of the first episode is quite possibly one of the best openings to any show in the history of the medium, not even kidding.

Barely inches itself into a 7/10 for me. Fun 80's anime action.
his everything
Now I want to currently watch Bocchi the Rock but I'm too lazy for it. BUT I'M GONNA WATCH IT ONE DAY.
CherryForrest
i started Chihayafuru yesterday. it's a lot of fun and is a breeze to get through even with it being 25 episodes
Stomiks
I started jujutsu kaisen a little while ago. I don't get the hype. It's just an average shounen anime.
ClevelandsMyBro
finna be watching onimai i think. i read the manga years before the anime had even been anounced. though i find it weird that thay changed mahiro's hair from white to pink and now she looks like hoshino from blue archive.
Nuuskamuikkunen

Stomiks wrote:

I started jujutsu kaisen a little while ago. I don't get the hype. It's just an average shounen anime.
It does everything a shounen does in just 25 chapters which is an achievement. It's a bit generic but does its job well enough.
Nuuskamuikkunen
I semi-binged Boogiepop Phantom (the 2000 ver), will watch the 2019 version someday. Pretty good mystery anime.
vioneko
Just started rewatching Nichijou. It will forever be my favourite anime lol
TheAngryNerd101
Currently watching Hellsing (2001). Overall not much to say as I'm only 2 episodes in, but I like what's being presented to me so far: crime / monster of the week type show. I like its gritty aesthetic to an extent although the art department could be a bit better especially with the sky (which looks flat and makes the world feel smaller). Not expecting anything extraordinary or necessarily great but I'm enjoying it nonetheless and hope to see more of Alucard, both in this version and later in Ultimate (Ultimate I have high expectations for, not in story or overall depth but in visuals and its more care-free, comic yet badass presentation of Hellsing's ridiculous ideas).

vioneko wrote:

Just started rewatching Nichijou. It will forever be my favourite anime lol
Yay let's goooooo!!!
Stomiks
I started watching Tomo-chan Is a Girl! Let's just say it shouldn't be made into an anime...
Jangsoodlor
The angel next door spoils me rotten anime. It's quite a letdown from the manga
her everything
Currently, watching "Don't toy me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack". And I like it. SPOILERS AHEAD: Nagatoro seems to slowly love naoto cuz she cared about him. for example, she easily gets jealous when naoto compliments other girls, which was also seen on the first season. One of my Favorites was, when Naoto got sick and her mother went to work, nagatoro was worried bout him and went to his house. to watch after him, until naoto's mother arrived home. How adorable 😊.

I gotta recommend you watching this. It's a pretty funny and a nice Slice of Life Anime. Some parts are pretty annoying, but you'll get used to it (I hope)😅
Stomiks
Kyokou Suiri Season 2. I was going in this anime with low expectations because of the 1st season but was genuinely surprised when I enjoyed this one. I'm currently in the middle of the pinocchio story.

But honestly the reason why I like this season so much is that the story now revolves around the relationships between the yokais and the humans. The 2 main characters only appear when they get called to solve a problem that the humans and yokai have. I hope this formula keeps continuing for the 2nd season as I really enjoyed this slice of life style they're going for here.
Reyalp51
i started watching Oniichan wa Oshimai!(onimai) because of a funny clip i saw and its so fucking weird but i cant stop watching it
PapasConKetchup
I've been watching Onimai and Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko and the only thing I have to say is that I find them funny
ghoulybits
Currently rewatching FMA:B. It's peak. What else can I say. Plus it has Riza Hawkeye so 10/10
Nuuskamuikkunen
I just finished Yuri Kuma Arashi. I did not expect such a mindrape.
Despite being WAY weirder than the other two Ikuhara's anime I watched, this was considerably easier to understand.

SHABADADOO.
Jangsoodlor
watching angel beats rn.
Stomiks

Jangsoodlor wrote:

watching angel beats rn.
hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot
rei et
azur lane bisoku no zenshin

funny and good, but really short, each ep is 8 minutes and it has only 13 eps
Stomiks
Uzaki-chan season 2. Now it's finally getting good. The first season was just as boring as the manga but since the romance is finally picking up, the jokes and such are starting to get more enjoyable. The manga gets better later down the line, so of course the anime gets better too. But it's nice to see this get adaptated in general since the mangaka tried so hard to have it get picked up by a studio to adapt it.
[DJ]Robsao
I'm watching... uh naruto... uh i stopped coz is more than 1000 episodes and i think is bad, because don't ends.

I'm gonna try some Stomiks's recommendations
Jangsoodlor

Jangsoodlor wrote:

watching angel beats rn.

Well, just finished it. 9.5/10. I deducted 0.5 points because the story is a little too rushed that Kanade got too little character development imo.

And also, Yurippe best girl.
179bpm
ok now that i watched some of to your eternity it seems interesting
Stomiks

179bpm wrote:

Just wanna tell you to lower your expectations of it in season 2
Nuuskamuikkunen

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

Just wanna tell you to lower your expectations of it in season 2
I lowered it when
SPOILERS
Gugu died. WHY. ;w; I was barely recovering from March.

Anyway, on topic. Found a random DVD that contained an old-ish anime called Amatsuki... pretty eh...

One of these isekai disguised as time travel. But it was made in 2008 so the plot is more similar to a 2000s action historical anime than your typical isekai.
Kaaruumii
full AOT rewatch since i forgot most of what happens lmao
Stomiks

Kaaruumii wrote:

full AOT rewatch since i forgot most of what happens lmao
LMAOOOO I remembered I fucked up my sleep to watch all 3 seasons of AOT before "The Final Season" releases, only to learn that they cut it into multiple parts :cry:
Nuuskamuikkunen
FINALLY FINISHED FUMETSU DANGIT.

Good ending for the first season.

Apparently the 2nd season is going to crap so I will maybe read the manga.
TGGD
The Ice Guy and His Cool Female College.

this anime is wholesome and really cute.
show more