Panic! at the Disco - The Ballad of Mona Lisa

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Behonkiss wrote:

Calm!:
00:19:731 (1): Placing notes on some of the 1/2 points instead of the basic beats can throw beginners off. Move it back to start at 00:19:489 and extend it so that it still ends at 00:20:457. Hmm it seems easy enough for me, I'll change it if someone else agrees with you :3
00:53:602 (3): Add a finish to the end of this slider?
01:47:417 (3): See above.
03:19:399 (3): Same here.

Done ^

Panic!:
I kind of feel like the slider speed is beyond reasonable here. Maybe something like 2.30 instead?
I know the slider speed is quite fast but I'm really pleased with it. I feel that it suits the song and my mapping style (Krisom's too)

Lybydose wrote:

00:08:360 - The way the "Ballad of Mona Lisa" curtain falls here and covers the "Panic at the Disco" lettering looks really lame. Do you happen to have an image that's like L-PanicG.png and L-Mona Lisa.png but without the lettering (just the curtains)? If so, it would look a lot better if you faded out the "Panic at the Disco" lettering (just the words, the curtain still there) and then faded in "Ballad of Mona Lisa", rather than having it fall down like that. EDIT: I made up my mind and I think I like the way it is now so not changing this :3.

"She paints her fingers with a close presicion" - Should be spelled "precision" Oops! Sorry, sometimes I mix languages

"Id paid to see you frown" - Should be "I'd PAY to see you frown" Fixed :3

I see the lyrics turn red during the chorus, and are black for the rest of the song. Why are the lyrics during the 2nd half of the final chorus black though? It appears you just reused the same images from earlier in the song, but shouldn't you made an extra red set of lyrics for the end chorus? Ok :3
The SB changes are not submitted yet, I will submit them when I fix the stuff of the next SB mod.

Thanks Behonkiss and Lybydose :3
Kenezz
Support Support!
Go Go Gonzy~~

PS: Sexy Sliders haha :P
Hyguys
WARNING! NAZI MOD INCOMING!

BLUE IS SUGGESTION!
RED IS ERROR!
GREEN IS DUE TO SIMMETRY!

Calm!
00:33:522 (5, Second Control point) What about 2 grids up? ;)
01:01:575 (7) A whistle would fit on this beat
02:42:930 (1) What about this? And vertical flip?
02:50:672 (1) Remove new combo and horizontal flip

Nervous!
00:18:038 (1) That makes me a sad HG. What about this?
00:35:094 (1) 1 grid right?

Panic!
00:46:828 (5) GONZ It does not fit
01:04:889 (3, Last control point) GONZ 2 grids up
01:52:014 (X) KRISOM Add a note here , then 1/4 late the spinner

Comment:Nice map! Sorry for the nazi mod! But i'm not gonna find a error on a gonzvlo map. ;)
PS:What the hell is that ''Brendon'' on SB? That thing scared me o_o
STAR!~
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Hyguys wrote:

Calm!
00:33:522 (5, Second Control point) What about 2 grids up? ;) It wouldn't be symmetric
02:42:930 (1) What about this? And vertical flip? Ok, I'll consider it :o
02:50:672 (1) Remove new combo and horizontal flip Ok, done :3

Panic!
00:46:828 (5) GONZ It does not fit But I like it ;_;
01:04:889 (3, Last control point) GONZ 2 grids up Ok :o
No changes applied to Nervous!

Krisom

Hyguys wrote:

Panic!
01:52:014 (X) KRISOM Add a note here , then 1/4 late the spinner
Nah, he starts holding the ntoe before that spot, so adding another circle would make it feel awkward
Encrypto
Awesome, star. :3
*unprepared Mod*
RobotoRaccoon
Starfish.
Luvdic
Storyboard:

What the hell with this? (http://puu.sh/29R6) Is storyboard still bugged? Cause at least the first chorus doesn't happens this (And yes, i have made full redl twice, and yes, i did delete the map's folder before the redl)
Okay, so never mind above, I'll guess that's the famous glitch, and it disappears if you exit the editor, and reenter. Although I'm not sure if this happens in normal gameplay.

Panic:

And I'll insist about ending some sliders at the red point, but meh, screw you cause you're too lazy to redo sliders ;D

00:20:215 (4) - Instead of this (http://puu.sh/29OV) try this: http://puu.sh/29P2
00:52:393 (5) - Delete
00:56:264 (5) - Delete
01:03:708 - Add finish, take out whistle
01:14:574 (8) - 1/4 later
02:01:775 (8) - 1/4 later, although ugh... with that slider in there, youll have to repattern a lot.
02:08:389 (5) - 1/4 later
02:10:751 - Add finish, take out whistle
03:03:336 (8) - You know what already right? >_>
03:09:950 (5) - 1/4 later

Nervous:

00:54:086 (5) - Extend by 1/2 (so it ends at 00:54:812)
01:05:598 (2) - Delete, I don't think that circle is soooo necessary.
03:19:871 (5) - Extend by 1/2
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

ErufenRito wrote:

Storyboard:

What the hell with this? (http://puu.sh/29R6) Is storyboard still bugged? Cause at least the first chorus doesn't happens this (And yes, i have made full redl twice, and yes, i did delete the map's folder before the redl)
Okay, so never mind above, I'll guess that's the famous glitch, and it disappears if you exit the editor, and reenter. Although I'm not sure if this happens in normal gameplay. Told ya the SB was bugged ._.

Panic:

00:20:215 (4) - Instead of this (http://puu.sh/29OV) try this: http://puu.sh/29P2 Re-made this pattern
00:52:393 (5) - Delete ^
00:56:264 (5) - Delete ^
01:03:708 - Add finish, take out whistle <-- Krisom
01:14:574 (8) - 1/4 later I've decided to follow the 1/2 rhythm seems way easier to read~
02:01:775 (8) - 1/4 later, although ugh... with that slider in there, youll have to repattern a lot.
02:08:389 (5) - 1/4 later
02:10:751 - Add finish, take out whistle
03:03:336 (8) - You know what already right? >_>
03:09:950 (5) - 1/4 later

Nervous:

00:54:086 (5) - Extend by 1/2 (so it ends at 00:54:812) It sounds better ending on the red tick IMO
01:05:598 (2) - Delete, I don't think that circle is soooo necessary. I've been adding circles following this rhythm like 5 times per chorus :o
03:19:871 (5) - Extend by 1/2 Same as above :3
Beuchi
Hi~ :)

Storyboard Mod

~Thoughts and Suggestions~
- Really nice ambientation~ Both skin and storyboard are great!
- I already read the description, but I still think the missing apostrophes look really weird >w<; It's your decision though, I won't rage if you leave them like that :P

~Issues and Adjustments~
- I have no idea what's the cause of your bug, but it doesn't seem to happen here D: I exited the editor several times to test and I didn't lose the code in any of them... Pretty weird indeed ;~; I'll ask around.
- About the same code, I think using 115 as velocity between frames works better. 120 feels a bit slow.

General Mod

~General~
- The timing sections in [Panic!] have a volume of 89% instead of 90%. No, I'm not that nazi, I just found it funny >w<

~Calm!~
00:34:973 (1,2,3) - This sounds pretty weird compared with the rythm you're having around, I'd make something like this:

~Nervous!~
01:36:530 (1) - <3

~Panic!~
01:15:047 (1) - <3
02:51:398 (4) - <3
03:03:572 (1) - I'd move this some grids down so the arrow doesn't get blocked with the HPbar =x

Grat map~ Also don't kudosu, not worth D:
*star*

Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Mod :3
Done, thanks :3

I'll make a full submission soon

SPOILER

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Also don't kudosu, not worth D:
I don't agree D:
SapphireGhost
I'm writing this mod in purple, just for you!

[Calm!]
01:06:779 (3) - I don't really like notes under sliders in the easiest difficulty...

[Nervous!]
00:45:860 (1) - Map through the spinner? It's a bit short.
02:07:208 (1) - Remove the tiny overlap with (4).

You and your perfect maps.
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

SapphireGhost wrote:

I'm writing this mod in purple, just for you!

[Calm!]
01:06:779 (3) - I don't really like notes under sliders in the easiest difficulty... You're right, re-arranged this pattern

[Nervous!]
00:45:860 (1) - Map through the spinner? It's a bit short. Sure :3
02:07:208 (1) - Remove the tiny overlap with (4). omg an overlap D:

You and your perfect maps.[/color]
Charles445
General
Why are all the storyboarded parts difficulty specific?
The BLights should stay put and rotate, not roll around the lamp

Calm
02:56:478 - Don't silence this completely. Make it 10% or something.

Panic!
02:36:156 - New combo so the drain isn't so killer here?

Sorry I couldn't find more
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Charles445 wrote:

General
Why are all the storyboarded parts difficulty specific? Because [Calm!]&[Nervous!]'s SB is different to [Panic!]'s
The BLights should stay put and rotate, not roll around the lamp I used M commands to create this effect, I think it looks nice this way :<

Calm
02:56:478 - Don't silence this completely. Make it 10% or something. Ok, used this in Nervous and Panic too

Panic!
02:36:156 - New combo so the drain isn't so killer here? Ok
lovhin456
Gonz! <3

General;
- Everything is good here ~

Skin;
- Is time to be picky with this skin ;D
- The hit300g and hit300k are the same, make them more different
- I'm curious, what is the star2 ? :3
- It would be nice if you added a pause-overlay, or when people pause the game it'll probably look like something like this
D:
- I really really like this skin <3

Calm!;
- 00:23:844 >> The slider would sound better if it started here in my opinion
- 00:30:376 >> Maybe add whistle to the slider's body?
- 00:45:860 >> ^
- 01:09:141 >> Remove clap and add finish ?
- 02:02:956 >> ^
- 02:10:995 >> End kiai here
- 03:04:517 >> Remove clap and add finish ?
- 03:27:677 >> End kiai here or maybe add a little fountain here ? I guess this goes for all diffs.

Nervous!;
- 00:30:376 >> Whistle to the slider's body ?
- 00:38:118 >> Add a note ?
- 00:45:860 >> Whistle to the slider's body ?
- 00:46:586 >> Remove whistle and add finish
- 01:36:530 >> Whistle to slider's body ?
- 03:10:423 >> Add a note ?
- 03:26:022 >> Add clap at the start
- 03:26:967 >> Remove the clap at the end and add clap at start

Panic!;
- 01:40:401 >> Add finish ?
- 01:52:014 >> Remove clap ?
- 02:52:607 >> New combo should start here ?

* Star ~
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

lovhin456 wrote:

Lovely Mod
Fixed most of this stuff :3

Also, full submit done with the SB/Skin fixed.
Astom
$
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

Astom wrote:

$
Kudosu given because Astom helped me with a big bug in my SB. Thanks again :3
Diasios
[Calm!]

• • 01:15:519 (1) - Move this slider 1 square to the left. (grid level 4)

Flawless map.
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

xxheroxx wrote:

[Calm!]

• • 01:15:519 (1) - Move this slider 1 square to the left. (grid level 4)
Actually, 1 control point needs to be moved to the left to fix this slider, I've done this like 10 times already but it keeps getting back to it's old form. I think it's bugged :<

arien666
And good luck for flawless mapset :3
Tadaki_Laka
my godness! perfect! :)
IceBeam
Hey there,Gonzie!

I'm late to mod this,sorry ;__;

Just throwing a star~
Great map,as always.

Hope to see it ranked soon ;)
0_o
Feel like a dick doing this, but..

Easy
01:29:272 (1) - This slider goes really really high. I think the debate is still out on whether it's rankable or not, but I did a quick poll in #modhelp and the consensus was that is was a bit much. This could be solved fairly painlessly by moving the entire section from the break to the next spinner down a bit. Or do something else, your call.

Hard
I noticed the storyboarded names appear for some parts of the map but not others, why?
01:02:055 (1) - THIS IS THE BEST SLIDER EVER.

Shmexy stuff.
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo

0_o wrote:

Easy
01:29:272 (1) - This slider goes really really high. I think the debate is still out on whether it's rankable or not, but I did a quick poll in #modhelp and the consensus was that is was a bit much. This could be solved fairly painlessly by moving the entire section from the break to the next spinner down a bit. Or do something else, your call. Okay, fixed \o/

Hard
I noticed the storyboarded names appear for some parts of the map but not others, why? I bugged the animations again, silly Gonz...
Full submitted, everything should be alright now, thanks :3
0_o
Awesome.
James2250
Some niceeee slider shapes~ (and a nice sb of course)
And people say it's impossible to make interesting maps under 3 stars... :P

-Your combo burst is currently unrankable, make sure it does not go over the 767 height limit (it is currently 388x800) I know it isn't distracting while playing but still a better idea to keep below the max dimensions
-The 'open' background and the 'art' background in the SB folder seem to be the same thing (but different dimensions) but you are only using it once, do you need 2 versions of it?
-The "Brendon" storyboard shouldn't need to break the 800x600 rule (it is currently 623x735) if scaled correctly. (It isn't a full screen scrolling image or anything)
-Do you really need the "Gonz" and "Krisom" images in the SB folder as there is already the same version of them in the 'g' and 'k' folders
-I find it slightly strange to hear the pass/fail sounds with no images but that is just my opinion. You might want to silence them out too?
-I am guessing the final kiai section doesn't need the 125.000 BPM section right before it?

No problems with any of the maps, get back to me with fixes for any of the general issues and I should be able to rank

EDIT:
At 01:32:175 the 2 sets of lyrics seem to overlap each other quickly which doesn't look good, make "And if she had the proper words to say" fade out slightly earlier?
0_o
You might want to silence them out too?
Just piping in - I hate when maps do this because I often browse/do other things during breaks, and I use the sectionpass/fail sounds to figure out how long I have to come back in :P
Lybydose
A couple other things I want to point out:

Panic:
01:02:376 - this slider feels like it ends early to me. Compare it to similar sliders at 01:55:870 (1) and 02:58:375 (2). Those two extend out another 1/2, but this one ends earlier for some reason. Maybe extend it 1/2 to make it consistent? I think it sounds better anyway. You can just use edit -> scale by so you keep the slider shape

02:08:862 (1) - same deal here. compare to 01:15:047 (1) and the other difficulties too. If you scaled that up, you'd have to move the five notes before it a bit too so it would still be stacked like that

@James:

-I am guessing the final kiai section doesn't need the 125.000 BPM section right before it?
Who knows, there's no beat there. If you add it at 02:55:511 though, it syncs perfectly (offset wise) with the next section, so I guess it does work like that? It's unnecessary though.
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo
This looks messy

James2250 wrote:

-Your combo burst is currently unrankable, make sure it does not go over the 767 height limit (it is currently 388x800) I know it isn't distracting while playing but still a better idea to keep below the max dimensions Oops, fixed.
-The 'open' background and the 'art' background in the SB folder seem to be the same thing (but different dimensions) but you are only using it once, do you need 2 versions of it? The 'open' file is the BG that shows in thumbnail which I faded out the first second of the map to reduce the SB Load. 'art' is the resized version of it, which I use right before 'open' disappears. It's a bit confusing but the main reason for having those files is reducing the load 1.0x
-The "Brendon" storyboard shouldn't need to break the 800x600 rule (it is currently 623x735) if scaled correctly. (It isn't a full screen scrolling image or anything) Oh right, re-sized the file and adjusted the SB.
-Do you really need the "Gonz" and "Krisom" images in the SB folder as there is already the same version of them in the 'g' and 'k' folders Hmm I'm not sure but I prefer having the animations as separated files.
-I find it slightly strange to hear the pass/fail sounds with no images but that is just my opinion. You might want to silence them out too? I considered silencing them too, but on a second thought I think players will want to know if the passed or not, I guess... Also, what faceman said
-I am guessing the final kiai section doesn't need the 125.000 BPM section right before it? IRC \o/ also, what Lyby said

EDIT:
At 01:32:175 the 2 sets of lyrics seem to overlap each other quickly which doesn't look good, make "And if she had the proper words to say" fade out slightly earlier?
Done \o/

Lybydose wrote:

Panic:
01:02:376 - this slider feels like it ends early to me. Compare it to similar sliders at 01:55:870 (1) and 02:58:375 (2). Those two extend out another 1/2, but this one ends earlier for some reason. Maybe extend it 1/2 to make it consistent? I think it sounds better anyway. You can just use edit -> scale by so you keep the slider shape
02:08:862 (1) - same deal here. compare to 01:15:047 (1) and the other difficulties too. If you scaled that up, you'd have to move the five notes before it a bit too so it would still be stacked like that

Yeah, those sliders are not consistent because the ones ending on 1/2 were made by Krisom and the ones on 1/1 by me, I guess we don't have the same thoughts about them.

Thanks a lot guys \o/
SapphireGhost
Come on, James!
James2250
I guess that is a good point with the pass/fail sounds, also I agree with Lyby on that extra timing section not being needed. All the other major things look like they have been fixed sooo...

Ranked~

(Also Sapphire geez so impatient :P)
Topic Starter
Gonzvlo
Thanks a lot James \o/

Also, thanks guys and Lyby.
OzzyOzrock
WOO! GRATZ GONZ ASDDSDSFF
SapphireGhost
Gonzvlo for President!
(Krisom for Vice President!)
Kenezz

SapphireGhost wrote:

Gonzvlo for President!
(Krisom for Vice President!) xD
Mismagius
How can someone vote this 9 or 10? Seriously, what the fuck....

why isn't there a 11 rating?
Verdisphena
No pasa nada cuando apreto cntrl+z >:
Grats Gonz!
Luvdic

SapphireGhost wrote:

Gonzvlo for President!
(Krisom for Vice President!) xD
x2
show more