forum

Major Project Idea

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy
This could be good. I'd need to have more terminology with LNs as i'm not 100% good with them. I want to add a jack/speed map so maybe i can combine them into 1 song? If we do 5 songs then we get 3 rice and 2 LNs maybe?
pofnkul
my 2 cents

make clear condition 97% with score v2. any lower is prolly too cheesable
make it less of a dan and more like a packs of maps. stamina is way too needed for dans
maybe don't force all the different types of maps into one dan?
maybe just don't have dans in the first place xd
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy

pofnkul wrote:

my 2 cents

make it less of a dan and more like a packs of maps. stamina is way too needed for dans
1. That could work
2. Stamina is still gonna be a factor when it comes to this. I think that's a good thing. I plan to make packs when I get more experience but stamina being needed for dans is a good thing in my opinion and it allows you to push for harder things and gives you the power to do harder things for longer periods without harm.
3. Well I want it to be an evaluation of a player and what they are capable of so I do want there to be things that are focused upon.
4. eh yeah maybe, i just wanna do this to help people improve and show them what they need to work on more. that's my hope at least
YyottaCat

pofnkul wrote:

my 2 cents

I think 96.5 V2 would be better. V2 97% is just suffer.

I don't think there should be a speed type map though because that's basically just manip.
Gamesnake7
Add more minijacks to the streams :troll:
pofnkul

Znow wrote:

2. Stamina is still gonna be a factor when it comes to this. I think that's a good thing. I plan to make packs when I get more experience but stamina being needed for dans is a good thing in my opinion and it allows you to push for harder things and gives you the power to do harder things for longer periods without harm.
yes but having full marathons makes the map more stamina focused rather than a test of many different skills.

YyottaCat wrote:

I don't think there should be a speed type map though because that's basically just manip.
that's what it's like with ddmythical's stupid troll rolly stream maps with 96 as clear con but with a clear con of 97 with v2 and better speed maps it won't be as much of an issue
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy
I understand all your points so I have new idea for the layout

Skillsets that will be tested:

Jack (Chordjack + Speedjack combo maybe)
Technicalality (Includes more complex patterns + tech dumps to remove speed skillset)
LN 1 (Releases + Shields etc)
Streaming (A map full of or having js, hs, burst streams)
Hybrid (the final test. If you can clear the maps before this'll be the last challenge standing consisting of all or almost all skillsets)
95 or 96% v2 Requirement
pofnkul

Znow wrote:

Technicalality (Includes more complex patterns + tech dumps to remove speed skillset)
Hybrid (the final test. If you can clear the maps before this'll be the last challenge standing consisting of all or almost all skillsets)
95 or 96% v2 Requirement
having speed as a subset of tech is dumb imo
also 96 still feels far too low xd

i guess i should just make my own thing lmao
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy
both are VERY similar in terms of playing. this'll be on v2 btw you need to account for v2 96 being harder then 96 v1. I haven't started this yet so I still need feedback
pofnkul

Znow wrote:

both are VERY similar in terms of playing. this'll be on v2 btw you need to account for v2 96 being harder then 96 v1. I haven't started this yet so I still need feedback
96 v2 is still very mashable. also speed uses minijacks to require different trilling control where as tech uses minijacks to create a combo of jacking and trilling to create insane transitions
YyottaCat

pofnkul wrote:

Znow wrote:

96 v2 is still very mashable. also speed uses minijacks to require different trilling control where as tech uses minijacks to create a combo of jacking and trilling to create insane transitions
Just do rice mixed instead then.
pofnkul
dans and rice hybrids fundamentally all suffer the issue of acc farming one section and mash tanking the rest

making the clear condition tighter helps but does not fix the issue

this is why im heavily in favor of map batches rather than dans
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy

pofnkul wrote:

Znow wrote:

everything is mashable to a put really. nothing is gonna stop mashing besides just making it so you need to work harder on non-mash songs. Stamina, Jack, and LN songs are much harder to mash then speed and tech. 96 V1 and V2 require more accuracy so less mashing. Also both skillsets require trilling control. They both are way too similar. Yes tech can have harder transitions but it's the same as speed really.

YyottaCat wrote:

pofnkul wrote:

Znow wrote:

Just do rice mixed instead then.
That's what I said i was gonna do

pofnkul wrote:

dans and rice hybrids fundamentally all suffer the issue of acc farming one section and mash tanking the rest

making the clear condition tighter helps but does not fix the issue

this is why im heavily in favor of map batches rather than dans
Well of course there's gonna be acc farming issues. People thrive on certain skillsets. No matter what you do it'll always be this way. This isn't a dans fault nor a player's fault as they can't control what they are inherently good at. Harder clear continues won't fix the issue 100% but it'll fix it to a degree. I think you're taking the mashing argument a little too much. Map batches will also suffer from mashing. Every single thing that is put out can suffer from mashing it's just a matter of how hard is it to mash and what will a player do.
YyottaCat
I think we should just go with Znow’s idea because it’s their project after all. You can’t satisfy everyone at once.

I suggest we move on from this and stop arguing.

Difficulty wise, I think that LN difficulty should be about 1 dan number up the rice difficulty. (e.g. Gamma - Yami)
midgy

YyottaCat wrote:

I think we should just go with Znow’s idea because it’s their project after all. You can’t satisfy everyone at once.

I suggest we move on from this and stop arguing.

Difficulty wise, I think that LN difficulty should be about 1 dan number up the rice difficulty. (e.g. Gamma - Yami)
people won't stop arguing even after it's made, such is the way of dan courses in the osu!mania community (this is why both of the people who made the other ones don't want anything to do with it anymore)
pofnkul
map batches suffer from mashing yes but it's more to just fix skillset reliance.

although idk why im even bothering considering ive already made it pretty obvious that i hate dans as a concept lol
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy
i can understand all your thoughts and criticism and i wanna try make something that can be decent enough since i know this won’t exactly satisfy everyone, I’m just trying what I can do best and hoping that it works out with more fixes etc
UltraBlack
Didn't really read the whole thing but i think having both v1 and v2 clears would be good, idk if you are thinking about loved (probaly not lol) but that would be a major thing. Also, i would to say to you to have some isnpiration on the dans by jinjin, even though 4k and 7k are INSANELY different i believe we can get to somewhere where we can both enjoy playing this dans and still have a challenge. The thing on 7k though is that the base area (the period where phisycal don't really matter that much) is way bigger, so thats a thing to keep in mind
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy
well yeah if loved is an option then i'm down to work with whatever is needed, so for v1 acc I guess we would need to go for 95? i'll need to look more but that's an option
UltraBlack
you would not need to go with 95
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy
96.50%? 97? 97.50%? also nice plays on our match
UltraBlack
For me the best would be 96 as for normal score and 97 for v2, being both opitional of which you are going to try clearing. The thing is, that 97 for v2 having in mind that we arr talking about a rice based project i think 96 for both v1 and v2 would be fine (this don't make much sense O_o), i think i'll make some tests with v2 on dans so i can have a better vision on how we may treat things. The regular dans use 96 as clear and the ln dans 95
Ps: you also played veru well on the match
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy
well it'll prob follow these set of skillsets

Znow wrote:

95 or 96% v2 Requirement
so i'll have to see with v1/v2.

My ratio couldve been much better during match but my keyboard was complete garbage so now im getting a better one since mine wasn't what I thought it was
UltraBlack
If you can create some test of how the maps would work we could test play and see how it feels with and without v2 with a good precision

Also needing a new keyboard (not really). Hoping to get one on christmans
Topic Starter
ElzeFanBoy
yeah i'll try that. unsure if I should make a test version or just grab random maps as a way to test it. gl on getting keyboard, i ordered a new one it's supposed to come the 9th
YyottaCat
Honestly a map batch (like pofnkul’s idea) should in theory work better. Different standards could be set for different maps.