42.86%
Total votes: 28
Topic Starter
b o o m
yes or no
Kaaruumii
no
Dementedduck
only for talking to people you already know, joining a public server is actually the easiest way to get groomed on the internet
her everything

Dementedduck wrote:

only for talking to people you already know, joining a public server is actually the easiest way to get groomed on the internet
true, except if you are smart enough
Topic Starter
b o o m

Dementedduck wrote:

what if theres a game and the only way to upgrade is to have discord
Dementedduck

b o o m wrote:

Dementedduck wrote:

step one: make a burner account
step two: link it to whatever game
step three: pretend to 'forget' the password and never log in again

ez
Topic Starter
b o o m

Dementedduck wrote:

b o o m wrote:

Dementedduck wrote:

ez

what if you have to copy and paste stuff just like in thos roblox cafe training games
Stomiks

b o o m wrote:

Dementedduck wrote:

b o o m wrote:

Dementedduck wrote:

ez

what if you have to copy and paste stuff just like in thos roblox cafe training games
Just damn get discord then if you need to use it jesus
Karmine

Dementedduck wrote:

This, I made the mistake of joining public servers many times over the years but my experience on discord has never been better than since I left all of them.
Nuuskamuikkunen

Karmine wrote:

Dementedduck wrote:

This, I made the mistake of joining public servers many times over the years but my experience on discord has never been better than since I left all of them.
Are public servers that bad? I've never been in one to be honest.
Karmine

eblf2013 wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Dementedduck wrote:

Are public servers that bad? I've never been in one to be honest.
Most of them are dead, the ones that are active are either groups of friends where you'll feel excluded (if they don't completely ignore you) and the most active are usually very toxic with abusive mods.

I have a small public server that's not full of useless channels and emojis in channel names etc. and random people who join often criticize it for not being like literally every other public server. No wonder the ones that end up being active are toxic af.
Neigdoig
As a Linux user, I can't fathom going onto Discord to do anything, even though it's the industry standard in communication technology. Use Revolt or Matrix instead.
scuri
Discord's an easy way to connect with friends IRL and manage projects. It's useful.
Puppet
Yes its very useful
[ Sebastian ]
I cannot use Discord right now. But when I was able to use it, I enjoyed it very much.
Stomiks

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

I cannot use Discord right now. But when I was able to use it, I enjoyed it very much.
Why can't you use discord?
[ Sebastian ]

Stomiks wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

My parents don't allow me to use it anymore. The reasoning is pretty stupid and I'm not going to explain it but, oh well.
Stomiks

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

My parents don't allow me to use it anymore. The reasoning is pretty stupid and I'm not going to explain it but, oh well.
Try reasoning that other social media platforms are just as bad or worse than discord or something
B0ii
I rarely use discord to contact irl friends, and I join servers that I know I can trust.

Basically, just have common sense. This also applies to any social application in general.
Neigdoig

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

You're actually being protected from the toxic atmosphere that is Discord.
Stomiks

Neigdoig wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

You're actually being protected from the toxic atmosphere that is Discord, and the data mining used to commit crimes. You should be very thankful that Discord isn't in your life (I sure am, that's a given).
I mean, you can argue that most social media is bad. Discord isn't the only toxic social media that's harvesting your data. Just look at facebook and twitter. Facebook is known for trying to squeeze every single info out of you if they can and twitter is known for being the most toxic social media platform. You just need to find good communities and people on those sites and limit their data harvesting from you.
show more