Underrated / Unheard of Manga

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ymir
Post Underrated Manga that you are currently reading

I'll go first, with "Kubo won't let me be Invisible"
Puppet
i realy like "didnt i say to make my abilities average in the next life" its nothing special just a normal isekai but i never hear someone talk about it so
ShinRun
Isn’t a manga but Volcanic age is really good
Patatitta
shimeji simulation
SDx
Freesia
Apraxye
Sun Ken Rock.
Stomiks
Junji Ito's Black Paradox
ghoulybits
Soil by Atsushi Kaneko. It's a legitimately great supernatural mystery with a distinctive art style. Would absolutely recommend.
DeletedUser_9227906
GTO
Nuuskamuikkunen
Reading Houseki no Kuni... damn. DAMN. That shit goes hard... literally.
Neigdoig
Rec! by Q-Tarō Hanamizawa. Look it up.
altome
Gantz its really good manga worth reading
Topic Starter
Ymir
It's heard of now because of Gigguk but:

Sousou no Frieren

(its been my profile picture for a few months too)

I made this thread? Forgor
Asphiee
Not knowledgeable with mangas.

Oooku is not well-known but majority of readers have their two thumbs up with this one. It loses in the popularity contest yet considered a gem to those who’ve read.

Meanwhile, Freesia is the opposite. They’re both good and shouldn’t be compared.

It’s a great read both of these.If you’re sick with fluffy feels, a good heavy and serious works such as these ones are perfect balls to catch.
TheAngryNerd101
Mai-chan's Daily Life
Stomiks
Kuzumi-kun, Kuuki Yometemasu ka?
Hirox00nii
Ijimeru Aitsu ga Waruinoka, Ijimerareta Boku ga Waruinoka?
Scyla
Versatile Mage
Isatuyu
Vanilla Spider
Reyalp51
I was about to say oyasumi pun pun but i saw the title
Topic Starter
Ymir
Onani Master Kurosawa
Stomiks

Reyalp51osu wrote:

It would be unhead of to anime fans. It's weird that manga fans know most new anime coming out but most anime fans don't even recognize oyasumi pun pun.
DM FOR MUTUAL
Hirayasumi
Pokemon - Festival of Champions
Helck
Skip and Loafer
Thank You, Isekai!
Exorcist wo Otosenai
Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia
Saihate no Paladin
Seihantaina Kimi to Boku
Soara and the Monster's House
Witch Hat Atelier
Dowman Sayman (mangaka)
Shishumki Bitter Change
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikuo
We Shall Now Begin Ethics

I feel like alot of these are pretty well known within the manga community, but I wouldn't be surprised if your average anime watcher has never heard of any of these.

Bonus:
Girl's Last Tour
Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Dungeon Meshi
[Oshi no Ko]
Sousou no Frieren

Peak manga, but you probably wouldn't know from just the anime, which aren't particularly huge or don't exist yet.
Topic Starter
Ymir

yoony1 wrote:

Hirayasumi
Pokemon - Festival of Champions
Helck
Skip and Loafer
Thank You, Isekai!
Exorcist wo Otosenai
Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia
Saihate no Paladin
Seihantaina Kimi to Boku
Soara and the Monster's House
Witch Hat Atelier
Dowman Sayman (mangaka)
Shishumki Bitter Change
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikuo
We Shall Now Begin Ethics

I feel like alot of these are pretty well known within the manga community, but I wouldn't be surprised if your average anime watcher has never heard of any of these.

Bonus:
Girl's Last Tour
Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Dungeon Meshi
[Oshi no Ko]
Sousou no Frieren

Peak manga, but you probably wouldn't know from just the anime, which aren't particularly huge or don't exist yet.
Thanks for making my entire 2023 reading list lmao
DM FOR MUTUAL
I found my old list of manga so here's a few more:

blue period
useless ponko
relife
dandadan
mieruko chan
my lesbian experience with loneliness
jitsu wa watashi wa
yugami kun ni wa tomodachi
Nuuskamuikkunen

Stomiks wrote:

Reyalp51osu wrote:

It would be unhead of to anime fans. It's weird that manga fans know most new anime coming out but most anime fans don't even recognize oyasumi pun pun.
It's a different example, but a few days I started reading Yotsuba to!

HOW THE FUCK I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS MANGA?
ghoulybits
Hatsune Miku Future Delivery: Little Asimov and the Green Thing Left Behind (Yes, that is one hell of a name) might be an interesting read for any Vocaloid fans. Despite the title, it's not really about Miku at all, but rather an amnesiac girl and a lone robot traveling the galaxy to find a certain girl with green twintails, only to get sent in endless wrong directions as they try to reach their goal. The art is very charming, and the various stories within chapters usually always have a sugary sweet ending. Haven't finished the series since I only own one volume, so I can't vouch for everything, but I feel like it deserves more recognition than it's got.
Topic Starter
Ymir

ghoulybits wrote:

Hatsune Miku Future Delivery: Little Asimov and the Green Thing Left Behind (Yes, that is one hell of a name) might be an interesting read for any Vocaloid fans. Despite the title, it's not really about Miku at all, but rather an amnesiac girl and a lone robot traveling the galaxy to find a certain girl with green twintails, only to get sent in endless wrong directions as they try to reach their goal. The art is very charming, and the various stories within chapters usually always have a sugary sweet ending. Haven't finished the series since I only own one volume, so I can't vouch for everything, but I feel like it deserves more recognition than it's got.
Love stories like these,
I'll make sure to check it out ☆⌒(*^∇゜)v
TheAngryNerd101
Ichi the Killer (Koroshiya 1). Such a damn good manga, but absolutely brutal. This series pulls no punches whatsoever, hitting you with full force and making sure each one gets you good. Extremely graphic, perverted beyond belief, all in all, it's disturbing but it leaves a lasting impact on you. The live action movies are also fucking awesome, you gotta watch these. Too bad the anime OVA was (hilariously) terrible.
Stomiks
Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall is a pretty nice read. It happens around 70 years? before the main story and follows a different set of protagonists before they had any ability to kill the titans. It's a really interesting read on how the people of the past dealt with the titans while being incredibly weak against them.
show more