forum

YOOOO! I AM MAKING MUSIC! (sorta it was just me parodying something cuz why not xD)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
I MADE MUSIC!

I am actually making a Parody Version of "I am Poppy!", made by Poppy. KUDOS FOR HER TO DO THIS OR ELSE THIS WOULD NEVER EVER EXIST! LOVE U POPPY! :3

And yes this is the first "actual song" that I am making! :D

However where should I send this to?

To YouTube? To Spotify?
I don't wanna see someone copying my music without any permission or giving me any credit and THEN just sucking all my money, because they say they own this thing although I was the one who made this. (Although I'm kinda broke..bruh, I'm not a rich douchebag I swear xD)

So lemme know where I should send my music to, that would be very helpful! :)

Also it's gonna be free, becuz why wouldn't it be, just why.

Btw here's the lyrics for the teaser version (hope u enjoy! xD):
P-e-p-p-y I am Peppy! [x3]
P-e-p-p-y That's me!

I am a developer
I live in Australia
I am updating osu! lazer
EVERY SIN-GLE WEEEK! (I guess)

"hahaha I have ss 4mod fced freedom dive!"

Oh no there's a hacker!
Say it!
P-e-p-p-y I am Peppy! [x3]
P-e-p-p-y That's me!

P-----P--P----P
P-----P--P----P
P-----P--P----P
P-----P--P----P That's me!
Miloware
I feel like your best bet would be to first get it on Spotify so that you can have the copyrights to it, then post it on YouTube
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22

Miloware wrote:

I feel like your best bet would be to first get it on Spotify so that you can have the copyrights to it, then post it on YouTube
Okay got it!
Also I finished the lyrics they are now 100% complete! ^_^
I will try to sing the rest of the lyrics that I made.
However one problem I do have are instruments or additional sound effects...I will first make a verion of me just using my mouth or just random objects as like a sound effect and then make it sound it actually sorta fits into an instrument....But I think I might need some help at that...Maybe you could help me??? Idk...But I just wanna DO IT °_°

ALSO How can I upload a song on Spotify!?
ghoulybits

Miloware wrote:

I actually disagree to this, given the nature of the song being a parody. While parodies are protected under fair use, that same protection isn't extended to things like, say, the official instrumentals of a song. Parody songs are often taken off of Spotify for this very reason. On Youtube, it's much more likely your work will stay up, even if copyright claimed, and IMO Youtube is probably better for getting a larger reach for parody songs.

TLDR do not upload this shit to spotify especially if you're using the official instrumental track.
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22

ghoulybits wrote:

Miloware wrote:

I actually disagree to this, given the nature of the song being a parody. While parodies are protected under fair use, that same protection isn't extended to things like, say, the official instrumentals of a song. Parody songs are often taken off of Spotify for this very reason. On Youtube, it's much more likely your work will stay up, even if copyright claimed, and IMO Youtube is probably better for getting a larger reach for parody songs.

TLDR do not upload this shit to spotify especially if you're using the official instrumental track.
Okay I thankfully haven't uploaded it on spotify, I am already done with my singing that took me a few minutes, but not with all the extra stuff!
The song's length is about 3 minutes and 30 seconds long!

Should I send a version of me ONLY singing on YouTube too? Because I think I wanna send it on that pinned subforum post of everyone that have created their own music and maybe send it on YouTube too, the Singing Only Version???
Miloware

ghoulybits wrote:

Miloware wrote:

Yeah, I see where you're coming from with this. I had only said what I said because this was assuming that a sort of a remixed instrumental would be made, or something of the sort. But I agree with you, all things considered.
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
oh shoot it's been nine days..Well I might work on my song some days later I suppose, because school ;,,,(

I am working on trying to make my voice sound like instruments, but uhhh so far not lookin' great ;____; (Gotta use the desks to do that lol xD)
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
ach nvm. I don't think I'll be finishing it. (I still have school)

Although I would love to see someone trying to finalize this """song""" xD
I made.

btw plz give credit for me singing this entire thing if u wanna finish doing this song plz >w<