forum

Bye Bye Videos...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SuzumiyaKyon
Okay. This problem didn't occur until I downloaded the Hyadain-My First Friend beatmap. I tried it out, and at first the video was just black. I brushed it off as nothing, thought it was no big deal, and beat it. I tried playing it again, thinking I could do better, and osu starts cracking up! A few seconds later, the whole computer crashes and burns. Then, I decided to play Al-Azif's "Rin Kagamine-Kokoro" beatmap (one of my favorites) and the video stopped working, a message popping up at the bottom saying that I should check my codecs. I reinstall the codec I used to read Div3 videos, and it works just fine. THEN I try out "3rd Coast-Bye Bye Love" and all of a sudden, the video won't work! Others have been affected, including "Lullaby for You", "Hatsune Miku-stargazer", "Horny '98", "Home Made Kazoku-Thank You!!!" (Though that might be because it's an mpg file), and "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" but now, every time I close out of Osu! I get an error message! The weird thing is that these are all avi files, and there's never been a problem until recently. And I can play the files just fine straight from the song's file, but not within osu! HELP!!!
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Real1
His videos doesn't work in osu! anymore, but still from outside osu! That's his problem! ;)
Echo
Grab ffdshow. It hasn't failed anyone yet (unlike equivalent codecs like CCCP)
RemmyX25

Echo wrote:

Grab ffdshow. It hasn't failed anyone yet (unlike equivalent codecs like CCCP)
CCCP includes ffdshow, if I do recall. And my case was quite the inverse from what you describe, Echo. First time I grabbed ffdshow, I could never get it to work. I picked up CCCP, and I haven't had a problem since.
Pokebis
CCCP does include ffdshow. It's my personal preference of a codec pack.
It never hurts to try it.
Download here.

You may want to uninstall all codecs you had previously installed as well. And maybe run a virus scan.