forum

macOS Updated Wineskin Installation Guide (Rosetta support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
aidswidjaja
It's a bit strange that map sensitivity is different from in-game sensitivity. You should try adjusting in-game input settings first, particularly if you're using a trackpad or tablet. You could also try seeing if the article here helps to fix your issue: https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/input.html
Caffine
can I get help? for some reason whenever I open osu! it opens the 2 lines of code and just dosen't work and before when it did work it takes like 10-30 mins to launch the game.
aidswidjaja
Hey there, please make sure you've installed the very latest version of osu!, try running it with no other background processes, right clicking and click "Open" to open the executable, and ensure you have followed the insstallation steps exactly.

If that doesn't work, please perform the following initial troubleshooting & diagnostic steps as listed below (also available at https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html).

Troubleshooting steps
Step 1: See whether you can troubleshoot the problem yourself
Many issues already have solutions available to them. Check out the installation guide, osu!mac documentation project and the outdated troubleshooting guide.

If you're still unable to solve your issue, move onto the next step.

Step 2: Report and repair with osu!macOS Agent
  1. Download the latest version of Technocoder's osu!macOS Agent - older versions may have incompatibilities or bugs, especially with newer wrappers.
  2. Once it finishes downloading, open osu!macOS Agent.
  3. If you haven't already done so, click the Select button and browse to osu!.app's location. The text box should display its filepath (e.g ~/Users/firefly/Desktop/osu!.app) and Wine Engine (e.g WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1)
  4. Select the Troubleshoot tab, then click Scan.
  5. After the scan completes, click Repair.
  6. If this doesn't fix your issue, click Copy Report. Copy the contents into a reply to this thread and we'll do our best to help you out! Please don't forget to do a Test Run as outlined in the next step.
Step 3: Generating a Test Run through Wineskin
  1. Locate your osu! installation.
  2. Right click on it, then select Show Package Contents.
  3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced > Test Run.
  5. If osu! starts successfully (even with glitches), you can then close the program down. Once the program has either closed or crashed, a dialog will pop up asking you whether you want to view Test Run Logs. Click Yes.
  6. Copy the results of your Test Run logs to a pastebin such as paste.gg set to never expire. Then attach the link in a reply to this thread, along with the report from osu!macOS Agent in Step 1.
If you need any help with any of the steps outlined here, check out https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html or feel free to make a reply back here on the forums. Thanks!
schlorppp
Hi! I'm a relatively new osu player and I downloaded the macOS osu! on my MacBook Air that runs on versions 10.14.6 Mojave and I tried downloading a skin for it and followed all the steps. But now, when I try to open osu!, it doesn't open at all. I've tried double clicking the app on my desktop, through the finder, and even through my hotbar at the bottom of the screen. I also just deleted the whole skin folder in the package but it still doesn't work. What can i do?
aidswidjaja
Hi there, please follow the steps provided above. Seems like this is the second user report mentioning this issue, so I might take some time to investigate further if more user reports trickle in. If you find anything working to fix this issue, please definitely let us know.

aidswidjaja wrote:

Hey there, please make sure you've installed the very latest version of osu!, try running it with no other background processes, right clicking and click "Open" to open the executable, and ensure you have followed the insstallation steps exactly.

If that doesn't work, please perform the following initial troubleshooting & diagnostic steps as listed below (also available at https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html).

Troubleshooting steps
Step 1: See whether you can troubleshoot the problem yourself
Many issues already have solutions available to them. Check out the installation guide, osu!mac documentation project and the outdated troubleshooting guide.

If you're still unable to solve your issue, move onto the next step.

Step 2: Report and repair with osu!macOS Agent
  1. Download the latest version of Technocoder's osu!macOS Agent - older versions may have incompatibilities or bugs, especially with newer wrappers.
  2. Once it finishes downloading, open osu!macOS Agent.
  3. If you haven't already done so, click the Select button and browse to osu!.app's location. The text box should display its filepath (e.g ~/Users/firefly/Desktop/osu!.app) and Wine Engine (e.g WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1)
  4. Select the Troubleshoot tab, then click Scan.
  5. After the scan completes, click Repair.
  6. If this doesn't fix your issue, click Copy Report. Copy the contents into a reply to this thread and we'll do our best to help you out! Please don't forget to do a Test Run as outlined in the next step.
Step 3: Generating a Test Run through Wineskin
  1. Locate your osu! installation.
  2. Right click on it, then select Show Package Contents.
  3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced > Test Run.
  5. If osu! starts successfully (even with glitches), you can then close the program down. Once the program has either closed or crashed, a dialog will pop up asking you whether you want to view Test Run Logs. Click Yes.
  6. Copy the results of your Test Run logs to a pastebin such as paste.gg set to never expire. Then attach the link in a reply to this thread, along with the report from osu!macOS Agent in Step 1.
If you need any help with any of the steps outlined here, check out https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html or feel free to make a reply back here on the forums. Thanks!
DeletedUser_20661359
Thank, Although I have run osu by other means(CrossOver)
<3
ShadowThief8
i've tried many things and can't get osu to work. it was working when i first downloaded it but now its won't open and when i try to do the kill wineskin thing it just is stuck loading until i force quit the program. the last thing that was working was when i would test run the wineskin it would open osu and that was the only way i could play. but then that stopped working. no idea how to fix the problem. https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/jfvKNWXTMF/
JeZag
Thought I could maybe contribute to this thread:

I've successfully gotten osu! to run: both on my new M1 macbook pro as well as my previous macbook pro (intel silicon, 2019), both on Monterey. Unfortunately I could not get the osu! intel wineskin build to run on the M1 mac but I am using the osu! intel wineskin on my older macbook.

Interestingly, the performance of osu! on the M1 macbook performs quite significantly worse than osu! on my old macbook, with higher latency and lower framerates on the same osu! settings. I suspect this is because wineskin is unable to make full use of the M1 chip (further supported by https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/verkn8/m1_macbook_air_slow_performance_under_wine/iimamus/).

Nothing else to add, but I will probably be sticking to my old laptop for osu! on mac for now, which is a bit of a shame.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
August 11, 2022

I've recently acquired an M1 Pro MacBook and will be testing the Wineskins over the next few weeks. Currently I have been unable to reproduce some issues faced by M1 users in the past:

- Startup crash on Intel or Rosetta
- Discord Rich Presence not working on Intel

The experience for me on the Rosetta Wineskin has been near-identical to the Intel Wineskin and so I am deprecating the Rosetta Wineskin for the time being (the download will remain up and functional).

My experience with performance:
The menu interface is extremely laggy at times but in-game performance has been acceptable (I've not experienced any lag spikes so far while in-game). It takes some time for the game to launch as well.

I am on macOS Monterey version 12.5 for those that are wondering.

---

"Workaround" for the frame drops on the main-menu: pause the music when you open the game (press the 'c' key).

---

JeZag

JeZag wrote:

Thought I could maybe contribute to this thread:

I've successfully gotten osu! to run: both on my new M1 macbook pro as well as my previous macbook pro (intel silicon, 2019), both on Monterey. Unfortunately I could not get the osu! intel wineskin build to run on the M1 mac but I am using the osu! intel wineskin on my older macbook.

Interestingly, the performance of osu! on the M1 macbook performs quite significantly worse than osu! on my old macbook, with higher latency and lower framerates on the same osu! settings. I suspect this is because wineskin is unable to make full use of the M1 chip (further supported by https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/verkn8/m1_macbook_air_slow_performance_under_wine/iimamus/).

Nothing else to add, but I will probably be sticking to my old laptop for osu! on mac for now, which is a bit of a shame.

Thank you for your detailed report!
JeZag
Wow, excited to see that you've managed to get your hands on an M1 MacBook Pro yourself to test things on!

To be more specific regarding M1 lag, I'm experiencing significant amounts of lag on the M1 specifically in the main menu pages as well as in the osu! mapping editor when performing pretty much any action (panning timeline, placing objects, playback).

Somehow the song selection and actual gameplay (on auto) seems decently low latency to me, but even then the numbers revealed in the in-game FPS latency display is consistently higher than on my 2019 MBP.
UnFaZedGlitch
Does the latest wineskin work for rosetta? I'm on an m1 macbook and the latest wineskin that for "intel and rosetta" doesn't work. It either doesn't open, or immediately crashes after opening.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

UnFaZedGlitch wrote:

Does the latest wineskin work for rosetta? I'm on an m1 macbook and the latest wineskin that for "intel and rosetta" doesn't work. It either doesn't open, or immediately crashes after opening.
It's supposed to work... (scroll up one or two posts). Have you followed all the installation steps? Perhaps try the "Rosetta Wineskin" in the Outdated Downloads? (although I can't figure out why that Wineskin would work but not the other.)
SPM37
MY ISSUE

Alright so, good news, i updated to 10.14.0 and my perfomance problems are mostly fixed thankfully, one small issue tho the game still has ocational screen freezes (whenever "reduce fps drops" is not activated) when it is activated however the game runs fine up until a certain point where it freezes once and then it freezes again and crashes, same problems, perfomance wise however it runs smooth like butter 3.2ms - 5.6ms, take in mind this freezes are only ever present or at least only seen whenever a map is being played, be it replay or normal playing so long as the map is showing gameplay.

(if this info isnt enough, i might actually be able to provide a crash report and video evidence to show the issue in practice)

NEW ENGINE

WS11WineCX64Bit21.2.0 actually fixes the problem where you cant see the settings icons you can see them now if you are interested in updating the wrapper of course, altough i suggest you test it before updating it no reason whatsoever just to be wary :)
nijjers24
I try to open Osu but it doesn't work and I tried to delete it and reinstall it again, but it says it is still open on Finder. Anyway to fix?
Topic Starter
Technocoder
SPM37

SPM37 wrote:

MY ISSUE

Alright so, good news, i updated to 10.14.0 and my perfomance problems are mostly fixed thankfully, one small issue tho the game still has ocational screen freezes (whenever "reduce fps drops" is not activated) when it is activated however the game runs fine up until a certain point where it freezes once and then it freezes again and crashes, same problems, perfomance wise however it runs smooth like butter 3.2ms - 5.6ms, take in mind this freezes are only ever present or at least only seen whenever a map is being played, be it replay or normal playing so long as the map is showing gameplay.

(if this info isnt enough, i might actually be able to provide a crash report and video evidence to show the issue in practice)

NEW ENGINE

WS11WineCX64Bit21.2.0 actually fixes the problem where you cant see the settings icons you can see them now if you are interested in updating the wrapper of course, altough i suggest you test it before updating it no reason whatsoever just to be wary :)

Thank you for your report! With regards to 21.2.0, if you have time, can you check if Japanese fonts work as well? (since that is the trade-off we made for that). Otherwise, I'll give it a look myself in a few days.

nijjers24 wrote:

I try to open Osu but it doesn't work and I tried to delete it and reinstall it again, but it says it is still open on Finder. Anyway to fix?
It should close itself after a few seconds, but if it doesn't, open Activity Monitor, search (top right hand corner) for anything with "osu!" or "wine" or "C:\" in the name and force quit it (top left hand corner, looks like a stop symbol.)

Or, you can right click osu! > Show Package Contents > Wineskin > Advanced and then on the second tab, there should be a "Kill Wineskin Processes" button. If you click that, it will close all the osu! processes as well.

Or, you can restart your computer.
SPM37
sure thing

this are the currently available languages shown (also you can see the icons in the left)

there are some more blank spaces as you go down the list (not shown in the image) but idk what languages are "supposed" to be there

more screenshots (using the laguange under english wich i pressume is jp related)

db2k
Weird question, but will this work on Mavericks? (10.9.5)

I have an old ass iMac that runs mavericks but can't go any higher, and I REALLY wanna play some osu.

(It's an iMac5,1 FWIW.)
HuHMGL
Version 12.5 (Build 21G72)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit21.1.0
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Release: Stable40
[Error][Fixed] Quarantine attribute is present (bundle)
[Error][Fixed] Quarantine attribute is present (wrapper)
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is disabled
Game user configuration is absent
System Integrity Protection is enabled
Engine version is supported
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: update.log is absent
Log file: runtime.log is absent
jasonzh02
Hello,

I am using a macbook pro with apple chip, I have tried both the latest wineskin and the outdated rosetta wineskin, but in both cases when I double click the app a command window pops up then disappears, and the app wouldn't open. Do you know what's wrong with that? Here's the troubleshoot report:

For outdated rosetta:
Version 12.4 (Build 21F2081)
Engine: WS11WineCX21.1.0
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Quarantine attribute is absent (bundle)
Quarantine attribute is absent (wrapper)
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

For latest:
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Thanks in advance!
Topic Starter
Technocoder
SPM37

SPM37 wrote:

sure thing

this are the currently available languages shown (also you can see the icons in the left)

there are some more blank spaces as you go down the list (not shown in the image) but idk what languages are "supposed" to be there

more screenshots (using the laguange under english wich i pressume is jp related)

Thank you! I will try to update the engine some time soon.

Update: Engine has been updated to 21.2.0 in the Latest Wineskin.

Genaker

Genaker wrote:

Weird question, but will this work on Mavericks? (10.9.5)

I have an old ass iMac that runs mavericks but can't go any higher, and I REALLY wanna play some osu.

(It's an iMac5,1 FWIW.)

Wow, that is pretty old... like really old. I *really* doubt any of these Wineskins will work on your machine but you're welcome to try. I don't know if osu!macOS Agent even opens on Mavericks. If you really want to run osu! with one of these Wineskins, I recommend starting with the oldest one to see if that will open.

HuHMGL

HuHMGL wrote:

Version 12.5 (Build 21G72)
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
[Error][Fixed] Quarantine attribute is present (bundle)
[Error][Fixed] Quarantine attribute is present (wrapper)
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Can you please describe the issue you're having?

jasonzh02

jasonzh02 wrote:

Hello,

I am using a macbook pro with apple chip, I have tried both the latest wineskin and the outdated rosetta wineskin, but in both cases when I double click the app a command window pops up then disappears, and the app wouldn't open. Do you know what's wrong with that? Here's the troubleshoot report:

For outdated rosetta:
Engine: WS11WineCX21.1.0
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

For latest:
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Thanks in advance!

Can you please try right clicking osu! and then pressing Open? If that doesn't work, can you please try right clicking osu! > Show Package Contents > open Wineskin > Advanced > Test Run, and describe what happens. Also try opening Activity Monitor, and search for any processes containing the name "Wine" or "C:\" or "osu!" and see if there are any running.
jasonzh02
Hi, sadly right clicking then open gives the same problem. I tried test run in wineskin and here's the log:

0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
00d0:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0xb78730, 0): stub
00d0:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0000000000010022, 0000000000B78730): stub
00c8:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0x985080, 1): stub
00c8:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (000000000001004A, 0000000000985080): stub
0128:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0128:fixme:seh:get_thread_times not implemented on this platform
0128:fixme:heap:GetNumaHighestNodeNumber semi-stub: 0032FC58
0130:err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
0128:fixme:thread:QueryThreadCycleTime (FFFFFFFE,04182560): stub!
0128:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({35167f8e-49b2-4b96-ab86-435b59336b5e}, 0113033A, 00000000, 01EF9004) stub.
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Xml"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"Accessibility"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Security"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Deployment"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Core"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Numerics"
0128:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x8 0032DC84 00000000 0032DC80) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0128:fixme:nls:RtlGetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000008, 0032DC84, 00000000 0032DC80
0128:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x8 0032DC84 00000000 0032DC80) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0128:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({8e9f5090-2d75-4d03-8a81-e5afbf85daf1}, 01130372, 00000000, 01EFD09C) stub.
0128:fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime"): stub
0128:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (CAFE4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00000402,00000000,0x0001,0x00000000,0032CE38,00000000): stub
0128:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"Application: osu!.exe\nFramework Version: v4.0.30319\nDescription: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.\nException Info: System.TypeInitializationException\nStack:\n at System.Environment.GetResourceFromDefault(System.String)\n at System.Diagnostics.StackTrace.ToS"...
0128:fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (CAFE4242) stub
wine: Unhandled exception 0xe0434352 in thread 128 at address 7B010C97 (thread 0128), starting debugger...
0128:err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger L"winedbg --auto 292 320" (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

I've also opened activity monitor, and for about 10 sec I can see process containing "osu" and "wineskin" but after that they just disappeared.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
jasonzh02

jasonzh02 wrote:

Hi, sadly right clicking then open gives the same problem. I tried test run in wineskin and here's the log:

0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
00d0:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0xb78730, 0): stub
00d0:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0000000000010022, 0000000000B78730): stub
00c8:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0x985080, 1): stub
00c8:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (000000000001004A, 0000000000985080): stub
0128:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0128:fixme:seh:get_thread_times not implemented on this platform
0128:fixme:heap:GetNumaHighestNodeNumber semi-stub: 0032FC58
0130:err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
0128:fixme:thread:QueryThreadCycleTime (FFFFFFFE,04182560): stub!
0128:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({35167f8e-49b2-4b96-ab86-435b59336b5e}, 0113033A, 00000000, 01EF9004) stub.
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Xml"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"Accessibility"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Security"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Deployment"
0128:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"System.Numerics"
0128:fixme:nls:RtlGetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000008, 0032DC84, 00000000 0032DC80
0128:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({8e9f5090-2d75-4d03-8a81-e5afbf85daf1}, 01130372, 00000000, 01EFD09C) stub.
0128:fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime"): stub
0128:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (CAFE4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x00000402,00000000,0x0001,0x00000000,0032CE38,00000000): stub
0128:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"Application: osu!.exe\nFramework Version: v4.0.30319\nDescription: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.\nException Info: System.TypeInitializationException\nStack:\n at System.Environment.GetResourceFromDefault(System.String)\n at System.Diagnostics.StackTrace.ToS"...
0128:fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (CAFE4242) stub
wine: Unhandled exception 0xe0434352 in thread 128 at address 7B010C97 (thread 0128), starting debugger...
0128:err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger L"winedbg --auto 292 320" (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

I've also opened activity monitor, and for about 10 sec I can see process containing "osu" and "wineskin" but after that they just disappeared.

Thanks for pasting your logs. It does seem like osu! is crashing for some reason ("The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception"), but I can't find any more information on the reason for it (It looks like System.Environment.GetResourceFromDefault doesn't have any official documentation from Microsoft).

You can try following these steps to see if any of them helps:
1. Re-download the Latest Wineskin (the engine has been updated to 21.2.0 since your initial reply)
2. Move the Wineskin to the Applications folder (this is located as '/Applications' which might help if you have any strange characters in your full file path)
3. Re-install .NET, there's a section on this osu-mac page (https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/dotnet.html), called "Updating dotnet" (this might take a while)

If none of these work then unfortunately I don't have any other ideas sorry.
MoodyDarkness
Version 12.4 (Build 21F79)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit21.2.0
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
aidswidjaja
MoodyDarkness

MoodyDarkness wrote:

Version 12.4 (Build 21F79)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit21.2.0
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

It would be helpful if you could outline what your issue is, so that someone can assist you. From your report, there are no obvious problems we can immediately diagnose.

(I haven't been online recently because of final exams, but Technocoder is still continuing to provide support :D)
angelisticityyy
This message pops up a lot when i play a map.

"There was an error during timing calculations. If you continue to get this error, please update your AUDIO/SOUND drivers! Your score will not be submitted in this play."
Burpcity
Hey there,

It seems like after the latest osu update something broke, I'm running MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 on a 2020 Macbook Pro, and it seems like after I close the game once, if I attempt to open it again, the files in the System>Library>AssetsV2>com_apple_MobileAsset_Font6 directory decide that they're from an unidentified developer and that the application won't open, there's a lot of these directories that error and I end up having to restart my Mac.

It seems like nothing is wrong with my maps or skins folders, and that this only happens once I close the game for the first time, after which if I try to open the game again it'll pop up a million errors, going into system preferences to manually allow each folder to run doesn't seem to do anything either.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Burpcity

Burpcity wrote:

Hey there,

It seems like after the latest osu update something broke, I'm running MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 on a 2020 Macbook Pro, and it seems like after I close the game once, if I attempt to open it again, the files in the System>Library>AssetsV2>com_apple_MobileAsset_Font6 directory decide that they're from an unidentified developer and that the application won't open, there's a lot of these directories that error and I end up having to restart my Mac.

It seems like nothing is wrong with my maps or skins folders, and that this only happens once I close the game for the first time, after which if I try to open the game again it'll pop up a million errors, going into system preferences to manually allow each folder to run doesn't seem to do anything either.

Could you paste some screenshots of the errors you're getting?

The folders with "Mobile" in them should belong to iCloud if you have iCloud Drive enabled. I'm not sure how macOS handles the syncing of those folders, but it may the case that that is causing some permissions issues. If you move the osu! application onto your Desktop or into /Applications, it should work properly.
Burpcity
Here are 3 screenshots from when I tried to open the app in the applications folder, the same error occured when I tried to open it in from the downloads folder as well.

https://imgur.com/a/6QB7Frs
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Burpcity

Burpcity wrote:

Here are 3 screenshots from when I tried to open the app in the applications folder, the same error occured when I tried to open it in from the downloads folder as well.

https://imgur.com/a/6QB7Frs

Can I ask if you ran osu!macOS Agent on your osu! application? Also, do you have System Integrity Protection enabled or disabled?

That error indicates that the osu! application is somehow adding or modifying fonts in such a way that the actual folders themselves are made "executable" (which is strange). However, if you have System Integrity Protection enabled, this should be impossible anyway; the folders are inside the /System directory which should not be modifiable except through system updates.

For this reason, if the quarantine attribute isn't removed from the Wineskin this error might occur (osu!macOS Agent will remove the quarantine attribute so if you haven't ran it, this might fix it.)

(To fix the issue in the short-term, you may try running this command in Terminal:
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /System/Library/AssetsV2/com_apple_MobileAsset_Font6
however, this will only work if you have SIP disabled).
Burpcity
Yep, I ran the osu!macOS Agent on the osu! application, and System Integrity Protection is enabled. I have no idea why this error suddenly started happening, as it was working perfectly for years before around a week ago.
-Daydream-
Is it possible to export a replay onto somehting like https://ordr.issou.best/
Couldnt find anything that mentioned this.
aidswidjaja
Burpcity

Burpcity wrote:

Yep, I ran the osu!macOS Agent on the osu! application, and System Integrity Protection is enabled. I have no idea why this error suddenly started happening, as it was working perfectly for years before around a week ago.

If you're still experiencing issues with it, you could try resetting Font Book (https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/font-book/fb34862/mac). It seems like that for some reason, system font assets/permission settings have been corrupted, and this would throw an error if Agent is trying to load fonts.

Note: you will need to reinstall any user-installed fonts.

-Daydream-

-Daydream- wrote:

Is it possible to export a replay onto somehting like https://ordr.issou.best/
Couldnt find anything that mentioned this.

Hitting F2 to save a replay will make it accessible through the following steps:

1. Right click your osu! app
  2. Click "Show Package Contents"
  3. Navigate to drive_c > osu! > Data > r
  4. Your .osr files are viewable here.
SPM37
i keep having the same problem ive discussed before but this time i have a testrun with the crash registered so here:

https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/cb53fb31ff104cbe9535dc74411df563

same thing, 2 freezes crash in the second one, only happens with "reduce fps drops" enabled, otherwise only freezes ocationally for however long the game is running
-Daydream-
Has any one else had the issue where it says there is some problems with the Sound Driver or something when they put on DT/NC?
aidswidjaja
SPM37

SPM37 wrote:

i keep having the same problem ive discussed before but this time i have a testrun with the crash registered so here:

https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/cb53fb31ff104cbe9535dc74411df563

same thing, 2 freezes crash in the second one, only happens with "reduce fps drops" enabled, otherwise only freezes ocationally for however long the game is running

Please try the following guide: https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/dotnet.html and let us know whether it fixes your issue.

-Daydream-

-Daydream- wrote:

Has any one else had the issue where it says there is some problems with the Sound Driver or something when they put on DT/NC?

Could you attach a screenshot of your error please?
hanqi
yo why dont i have drive_c?
SCP-978
My game is crashing on startup now after I installed the latest update
ramen waitress
Hi, so I've been having trouble openning the osu!.app file. Firstly, this occurred after I updated the game in the lates updated. After I updated it, every time I opened the game, it goes through the normal process of executing through the terminal -> osu! auto updater -> and then attempts to open the game itself. However, all the processes just stops and the game does not open (crashes on startup).

I have attempted to re-download the osu!-latest file and also osu!macOS agent, however, it did not help at all, going through the process I had mentioned above. I have gone through the entire process again in downloading the game, and also troubleshooted. None of which has worked.

I should note I am using the macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1 MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) M1.

I hope to find a solution in this! Thanks for all your help!
Rryo10

ramen waitress wrote:

Hi, so I've been having trouble openning the osu!.app file. Firstly, this occurred after I updated the game in the lates updated. After I updated it, every time I opened the game, it goes through the normal process of executing through the terminal -> osu! auto updater -> and then attempts to open the game itself. However, all the processes just stops and the game does not open (crashes on startup).

I have attempted to re-download the osu!-latest file and also osu!macOS agent, however, it did not help at all, going through the process I had mentioned above. I have gone through the entire process again in downloading the game, and also troubleshooted. None of which has worked.

I should note I am using the macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1 MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) M1.

I hope to find a solution in this! Thanks for all your help!
I've been experiencing the same issue here. Hope it gets worked out :(
ramen waitress
Seems like it was just an error within the update. Try updating your game again. I just updated mine, and it worked just fine again! :)
show more