forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Polaritus
When will reading come out?
mol
the german #1 (#37 global) memory player is a cheater, who has been unbanned, his bancho profile is cleared, but osu!skills still shows all the cheated scores... https://osuskills.com/user/Kingo
ezgi
still waiting for reading, i wait patiently though and hope that it comes this year
Midori
Hi!
It seems that if you change your name, that was once owned by someone else, your "skill" is being shown as your old name, but if you click on the specific skill sets, the skills from the old player with that name is shown.

Here is an example of myself suffering from this issue:
https://osuskills.com/user/Midori

here are my overall skillsets shown and all counted as MY scores I set.

But if I wanna go into the specific skillset for example Precision:
https://osuskills.com/user/Midori/skill/precision

you can see that the scores from the old player with that name is shown.

I think you can see the issue. It is basically impossible for me to look at the scores that give me these rankings.

Perhaps you could implement a feature that uses the user ID rather than the name. Or maybe add the Username_old tag or something that could prevent that issue.

I hope that this problem is fixable in the near future!

LG
Midori :)
kingautist
I don't like how accuracy doesn't affect reaction
sinsol

kingautist wrote:

I don't like how accuracy doesn't affect reaction
Why would accuracy affect reaction? Seems a little redundant to have two separate categories at that point
kujubuo
why agility has way higher numbers than others. like difference is huge why is it so overweighted
Topic Starter
Kert
All payment methods for the server aren't available anymore right now for me due to recent sanctions on Russia. But the website should work for atleast 6 months from now (it's the maximum advance payment the webhosting company could offer)
pregnant
After a namechange my scores are not visible anymore. It fetches new scores and all the skill values are working as expected, but when i click the skill i cannot see my scores and how much they are worth. Is this a known bug / is there anything i can do about it?
alfa
I had the same issue as "Super Mario" here, except instead of showing no data it shows the scores of the guy that had my name before I renamed myself (this fixes itself automatically when I put the new _old name they have so that their scores get updated)
Headphonesop
Will there ever be a way / is there a way to lookup specific maps and see what values a score would have?
mol
reading lol
-Abby-
Hidamari no Uta DT is just broken on "stamina"... A lot of people say that they don't deserve their country's position on "stamina" and casually they have that song on their top. (some of them double-tapped on the short part at the end of the song)
Tangela Merkel
I dont know if this is a known bug, but I just overwrote my HDHR score on this map beatmapsets/1251944#osu/2957123 with a higher combo Nomod score and better acc.
That play is now my highest rated accuracy score on osu!skills because it still detects it as a HDHR score, just with my better Nomod acc.

Wanted to report this bug because it can actually massively inflate some numbers if people (for example) overwrote DT passes on very difficult maps with high acc Nomod scores.
bobthaboy

abraker wrote:

Current skill algorithm are not equipped to deal with this for the same reasons why some skills are over weighted or under weighted
Personally I just look at the rankings instead of the score. Why worry about weight when you already supply the numbers you need? Makes everything look pretty and diverse.

On the left are the title updates and on the right are the titles shown on the website, how gorgeous is that? All I did was use the rankings and calculated that below (sorry for the mess). I'd love to describe the numbers but frankly I just kinda went into the zen mode and crapped it out, but it came out nice. But as far as I can tell, anything under 80% is thrown away, anything over 90% sticks, and in-between I have it compared to the median.

This project is an absolute dream to a stats-drooler like myself, and if there ever releases one for Taiko, I would probably make brown. If I could, I'd love to assist in any way possible.

Edit: Original scores because why the why not. Ignore the purple and the gray text since I made this for friends, but the ones that are italicized are our highest based on the rankings, and the ones that are blue are our lowest.
[Kaneko]
has anyone here used the training feature extensively? i wanna know your thoughts
Sharpsight
Will there be an unofficial servers support such as <...>?
abraker

Sharpsight wrote:

Will there be an unofficial servers support such as <...>?
I can almost say with certainty this will never happen.

Also please avoid using unofficial servers. It puts your main osu! account at risk since the client can send your login info to untrusted third parties.
IMPRESSIVE BEAR
https://osuskills.com/user/Attenox number 1 accuracy player atm, cheated scores
MrMcMikey22
Is there a way to get points with only using flashlight to get memory points too? Because getting some points on that would be pretty neat even if it gives a tiiiiny amount of points...Or is it actually possible to do that?
neonkoksYT
Hi, my memory scores won't add to my memory score even though they are registered on the webiste, is there any fix to this?
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/532831074104115200-1006536948611026944-unknown.png
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/532831074104115200-1006536949714137178-unknown.png
nevermind the score added
Buford
the captcha between every action is reaaaaaly cringe. it is probably within solid reason but i cannot stand it.
NeverNever
Just wondering if Reading will ever actually be finished, because it seems to be taking an exceptionally long time to arrive. I don't know much about programming or coding, so I might be underestimating how hard it is to make it work and how long it actually takes to do something like this, but it just feels like no progress is really being made.

If possible, could we get an an estimated time on when Reading will be completed? I would love to know when to expect a feature that calculates the extent of one's proficiency in an aspect of the game I am personally very interested in.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a good day o/
SiriusOnly
Is there a way to get all set playscores at once into the list? Or do i really have to move them all manually and only one per captcha in?
abraker

Turmoil wrote:

Just wondering if Reading will ever actually be finished, because it seems to be taking an exceptionally long time to arrive. I don't know much about programming or coding, so I might be underestimating how hard it is to make it work and how long it actually takes to do something like this, but it just feels like no progress is really being made.

If possible, could we get an an estimated time on when Reading will be completed? I would love to know when to expect a feature that calculates the extent of one's proficiency in an aspect of the game I am personally very interested in.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a good day o/
Reading is a complex skill. I don't want to make something that works poorly. Just see the agility skill as an example of that. To do reading it requires me to figure out all other skills first. Taking into account other skills I can then isolate the reading portions of difficulty. You can follow my and others' progress in the #statistical-pp dev channel in the PP dev server: https://discord.gg/aqPCnXu

SiriusOnly wrote:

Is there a way to get all set playscores at once into the list? Or do i really have to move them all manually and only one per captcha in?
Unfortunately you will have to do one by one. I dont know why kert made the captchas so aggressive
credxt

SiriusOnly wrote:

I really hope there’s an update on this. Based on my play style, I play maps 1-3 times max per session and will play through about 100 maps on average.

It’s hard to see my progress on osuskills sometimes because not all my scores will post and the captcha thing is a bit tedious for lots and lots of maps.
Ryno
When will the website be back? It's on maintenance for a few days now?
Topic Starter
Kert

ItJamesplay wrote:

Database is rebuilding. I think it should be up till the start of the next week.
Stomiks

Kert wrote:

ItJamesplay wrote:

Database is rebuilding. I think it should be up till the start of the next week.
Nice.
Reletr
May need to rewrite some code, my stamina stat got way boosted from a double tap ranked map.
7ambda

Reletr wrote:

May need to rewrite some code, my stamina stat got way boosted from a double tap ranked map.
Yikes that's not even the highest diff either
Reiszen
Hmm my skills havent updated since 3 days ago.
[[[[[[

Reiszen wrote:

same, even tho i checked my page quite frequently
Anaxii 3

Reiszen wrote:

me too, after 4 days
Topic Starter
Kert
Fixed the issue about not updating pages
Will deal with stamina map a bit later

SiriusOnly wrote:

No, there's no way unfortunately. osu! api doesn't allow for that

credxt wrote:

I really hope there’s an update on this. Based on my play style, I play maps 1-3 times max per session and will play through about 100 maps on average.

It’s hard to see my progress on osuskills sometimes because not all my scores will post and the captcha thing is a bit tedious for lots and lots of maps.
You don't have to submit your recent scores one by one. If you open your page the next day (after 12 hours) the website will update with up to 50 recent scores. But we can't do more than 50 because of osu! api limitations
Atla505
My memory skill doesn't always update for me. I added manually this play:

originally without hidden and it updated only my precision skill. I retried to update it with hidden and it did the same thing.
It happened once before and the play was never added in the end.
credxt
You don't have to submit your recent scores one by one. If you open your page the next day (after 12 hours) the website will update with up to 50 recent scores. But we can't do more than 50 because of osu! api limitations.

-Oh okay this is really good to know based on my play style. Thanks. Any idea when you’ll introduce reading to osuskills?
Topic Starter
Kert

Atla505 wrote:

originally without hidden and it updated only my precision skill. I retried to update it with hidden and it did the same thing.
It apparently gives 0 memory points because of distance between circles being too small I think

credxt wrote:

You don't have to submit your recent scores one by one. If you open your page the next day (after 12 hours) the website will update with up to 50 recent scores. But we can't do more than 50 because of osu! api limitations.

-Oh okay this is really good to know based on my play style. Thanks. Any idea when you’ll introduce reading to osuskills?
We haven't come up with an algorithm that works atleast decently that's why it's still not added after all these years
Atla505

Kert wrote:

Atla505 wrote:

It apparently gives 0 memory points because of distance between circles being too small I think
Oh okay that makes sense. Thanks a lot for your answer.
credxt

Kert wrote:

credxt wrote:

We haven't come up with an algorithm that works atleast decently that's why it's still not added after all these years
I have two resources I found from Kubeeee’s discord I’ll send you in a bit that you might find helpful, that is if you haven’t seen them yet. If there’s anything myself or any “reading players” can do to help let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Anybody that’s working on “osu completionist !q” or plays with a variety of mods/map pools might also be a great way to figure this out.
show more