forum

Reintroducing the Droid

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neigdoig
Figured since there are new people here, I'd introduce myself for those that are new to this community.

The name's Nëïgsëndöïg Cöcülës (Neeg-sen-doyg Koh-kyu-uhls), and yes, my username is a shortened version of that without the umlauts. I've used this pseudonym for 6 years.

I'm the CEO of a United States based aplolitical and areligious entertainment startup, which is abbreviated as CISN. Our focus with CISN is providing entertainment to everyone, no matter their belief systems.

I, however, am not new to osu!, as I have been playing since 2021, starting with mania, then going with std. Unfortunately, I'm a Linux player, using Mint 20.2 at the time of this post, and it crashes whenever I set it up properly with a tutorial by YourSandwich (An Austrian osu! player who also uses Linux). I think WINE has got some issues.

That out of the way, I'm a content creator who uses YouTube to do his work over there (Yes, I wear suits in all of the videos produced by CISN), but with Linux and open-source software (except for proprietary software used for business purposes), since I'm very serious about giving as little data to the United States based Big Tech companies as possible. I primarily post anything other than Rhythm games, although I have considered playing the Featured Artists for this game on YT.

Our YouTube channel is located here if ever you wanted to check it out sometime in the future:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1Vpn7XEztDguhoo2judcZQ

That will be all from me. Also, here's the other introduction post I made when I was new to the game:https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1350598?n=1
Julian_Kaiser

Neigdoig wrote:

The name's Nëïgsëndöïg Cöcülës (Neeg-sen-doyg Koh-kyu-uhls)[/url]
Can you use the IPA transcription instead of phonics or whatever you call the thing in brackets to explain the pronunciation of your name?
Phonics aren't universal and neither is the structure of pronunciation you involve inside of the brackets. Example is the 'h' at the end, which in my native language, marks a glottal stop instead of how it's sounded in its Anglicised version.
Topic Starter
Neigdoig

Julian_Kaiser wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

The name's Nëïgsëndöïg Cöcülës (Neeg-sen-doyg Koh-kyu-uhls)[/url]
Can you use the IPA transcription instead of phonics or whatever you call the thing in brackets to explain the pronunciation of your name?
Phonics aren't universal and neither is the structure of pronunciation you involve inside of the brackets. Example is the 'h' at the end, which in my native language, marks a glottal stop instead of how it's sounded in its Anglicised version.
I don't know how to pull this off. I have to use Phonics for the time being, since my pseudonym is so bizarre.