forum

Middle finger singletap but start triples/bursts/streams with index?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ainkeK
I noticed that this entire time when I thought I was middle finger dominant because I always naturally singletap with my middle finger that I actually start triples/bursts/streams with my index finger for some reason? I noticed this because whenever I would try to learn how to alt I would always have more hits on the index key, so I slowed down and realized that I actually start triples/bursts/streams with my index and not my middle like I thought I did. Does this mean that I'm really index dominant? I've tried to singletap with index but it not only doesn't feel the same but I have much worse finger control and speed. Is it normal for improvement to singletap with one finger but start triples/bursts/streams with another? Or should I take the time to make index dominant for everything because it was the dominant one all along? iirc merami had something similar to this and that's why he switched from middle to index singletap.
keter
Remembered me a joke "on the third day Eagle Eye noticed", dunno if it's common in English.

ainkeK wrote:

Is it normal for improvement to singletap with one finger but start triples/bursts/streams with another?
Imo singletap++ looks like when there is no matter which finger to start stacks/streams. At least not so long ago I noticed for myself starting from different fingers when some stack/slider spam sections.

ainkeK wrote:

Or should I take the time to make index dominant for everything because it was the dominant one all along?
Idk, how can we even answer this, try testing for a long time and see. At least I heard an opinion that switching a dominant finger and pushing it up to the level of previous dominant can help to raise stream bpm, me kinda skeptic about it, but wrote down to try it in long future.
Uranium
I have the same case as you, but index dominant but starting bursts streams alt patterns etc. with middle. It really does not matter as long as it is comfy at least in my view