show more
Corin
xDDD
Ruisu-kun_old

bagnz0r wrote:

Christians have been pwn3d by their own "holy bible":

How does it feel? :D

For those who can't notice:
Christianity is monotheistic religion, and people are ought to believe in ONE god. However, the highlighted sentence contains plural form - our. Think about it - "let us create a man in OUR image".
uhhhh, that is in plural form becuse it's refered to god and jesus...
idle people who have nothing better to do... pathetic
James2250
Of all of the errors you could of pointed out from the bible you pick this one

*shakes head*
Faust
I do believe "our" is referring to the Trinity.
Father, Son and Spirit.
These are 3 very distinct persons, but the Father has authority and hierarchy over the Son (Jesus Christ) and the Spirit (Holy Spirit)

It's best you read further and gain more understanding. I mean this in the best manner and intentions possible.
Hernan
I'm still waiting for someone to come and say "Who cares?"
Firo Prochainezo
Cool story, bro
OzzyOzrock
Faust got it. See, as he refers to himself in a quote, he uses 'Us', referring to the trinity. And when not quoted, it's simply 'he' 'him' and whatnot.

But uh... you know...

Hernan wrote:

"Who cares?"
SapphireGhost
Larto
But you don't take the bible literally anyways...
Ephemeral
everybody with even a rudimentary understanding of the bible and the concepts outside of it is laughing at you now bagno

Faust wrote:

I do believe "our" is referring to the Trinity.
Father, Son and Spirit.
These are 3 very distinct persons, but the Father has authority and hierarchy over the Son (Jesus Christ) and the Spirit (Holy Spirit)

It's best you read further and gain more understanding. I mean this in the best manner and intentions possible.
meanwhile, GET OWNED BAGNO
Hamuko
I never read the Bible thing so yay nice work Bagno. I don't believe in god anyway.
Teras
Why do you even read it in the first place. I would rather have a fanatic catholic try convince me there is a GOD.

And then laugh.
Ephemeral
maybe i should change the thread title to snarky atheists ITT?
Firo Prochainezo
ITT: Atheists who act superior. Once again.
dNextGen
brool story co
Shellghost
Give Bagno a break.

Due to physical limitations he wasn't able to read the bottom half of any page on the bible.
jjrocks
Don't worry Bagno, we all fail sometimes in life just not as much as you do~ we still love you <3
Shellghost

jjrocks wrote:

Don't worry Bagno, we all fail sometimes in life just not as much as you do~ we still love you <3
Silly JJ.

You don't need to refer to the Trinity as well~
Natteke
How to make people show their real colors? Just be a cock. And they'll show how full and hateful they are themselves.

Holy Crap!
Galkan
How it came I guessed right what's behind jjrocks' spoiler BEFORE I revealed it? :lol:
Also, I don't know who cares of Bible and other fantasy books. For me they're just boring.
Ephemeral
and let his mistake be beatified forever in valhalla, so that we may laugh at his expense.

amen.
Quaraezha
posting in epic fail thread
Corin
Wow...
lepidopodus
As I know, several theories exist. Yeah, it was quite old issue, so it's not that much problem in these days.

1. Modern theologians insist that it's majestic plural. Yeah, Hebrew language has it too. There's several more examples in bible.
2. Some modern theologians insist that it's a reflexive pronoun.
3. Philo (20 BC – 50 AD) insisted that those plurals mean god and angels, but this theory isn't accepted that widely in modern Christianity.
4. Classical theory about this pleural is, those pleurals mean the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Several other theories exist. Don't ask about them to me, I'm no Christian.

Too serious reply in off-topic, lol.
xerxes_oli
God can be all,nothing, small, big,me,we, I, us
I'm not christian but i do hold some respect for "holy" books like the Bible and the Qur'an
Mashley
errr
Wojjan

lepidopodus wrote:

As I know, several theories exist. Yeah, it was quite old issue, so it's not that much problem in these days.

1. Modern theologians insist that it's majestic plural. Yeah, Hebrew language has it too. There's several more examples in bible.
2. Some modern theologians insist that it's a reflexive pronoun.
3. Philo (20 BC – 50 AD) insisted that those plurals mean god and angels, but this theory isn't accepted that widely in modern Christianity.
4. Classical theory about this pleural is, those pleurals mean the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Several other theories exist. Don't ask about them to me, I'm no Christian.

Too serious reply in off-topic, lol.
you need to say more things.

I'm really growing fond of you.
Vext_old

Ephemeral wrote:

amen.
Larto

Ephemeral wrote:

and let his mistake be beatified forever in valhalla, so that we may laugh at his expense.

amen.
So will he get the next bun?
Claudia_old

Ephemeral wrote:

amen.
praise the lord, brotha
Cuddlebun
inb4 "of course I wasn't serious, I was merely trying to test you all because you all are such gullible idiots, way to show your true colors guys."
Natteke
I think my true color would be orange. I like orange.
Cyclohexane
<Witty sentence about username>
Sleep Powder
<Witty sentence about color guide>
Derekku

Natteke wrote:

(I use orange for IRC ops in mirc)
OzzyOzrock
Powerdrone
SPOILER

COMMUNISM
IppE

Powerdrone wrote:

SPOILER

COMMUNISM
We need more of that around these parts.
Shellghost

Cuddlebun wrote:

inb4 "of course I wasn't serious, I was merely trying to test you all because you all are such gullible idiots, way to show your true colors guys."
Oh come on Tode.

This isn't an Ephemeral "Word game."
Natteke

Derekku wrote:

Natteke wrote:

(I use orange for IRC ops in mirc)
Heeeeeeey
show more