forum

[confirmed] Continuous song select scrolling

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Problem Details:
The song selection keeps on scrolling upwards and is unresponsive to up/down arrow keys. Left and right key still pick the highlighted song. This started happening after remapping 5k mania keys to q,w,e,numPad8,numPad9 and playing a hard map. I made sure numLock is on. I checked if any keys are actually being pressed by using Microsoft's online ghosting check tool: http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx and no keys were being pressed during the event. Also if they were pressed, then the volume controls would be showing which wasn't.

osu! version: 20150203.6beta
VeilStar
t/260044
t/273773
And some more that I can't find atm.
Is it anything like that?
Topic Starter
abraker
Yes that's it! Wow months after and this bug still persists.
- Marco -
Disable joystick support?
Topic Starter
abraker
It was disabled.
Topic Starter
abraker
I think I figured it out. I made another report here: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/299873 which I think is related to those keys getting ghosted and stuck.
Vaporwave
Can be a problem with right clicking, check mouse just in case.
Topic Starter
abraker
Sorry, I should have specified that I am a osu!mania player, so I don't use the mouse.
TheVileOne
Releasing numlock sends the map in a continuous scroll.
IamBaum
Hi there i also have the same problem, cause i'm using the Numpad for 10k+.
I don't know if u have already completely figured it out with the shift + Numpad scroll issue but if that's not the case then...
It only activates if u hold down Shift, Then hold Num 9 (or some others), and then release the shift before u release the number. Then the scroll commend gets locked.
To disable the scroll simply press the same combo again, but release the number before u release the shift, and it will stop scrolling.
Use this list to figure out which key u have to press to stop the scrolling:
• 2 = slow scroll downwards
• 3 = fast scroll downwards
• 8 = slow scroll upwards
• 9 = fast scroll upwards
(Ofc numpad numbers)

I hope this can prevent u from being forced to restart osu frequently :)
Topic Starter
abraker

IamBaum wrote:

Hi there i also have the same problem...
Thank you for figuring out on how to stop it! :) And yes I know it's shift+numpad, I linked it to another issue I created in an earlier post here.
Diskye
Problem Details: If I minimize (ALT+TAB) Osu and go back into the game the Beatmap selection scrolls permanently down and can not be stopped.
After this happen I've to restart the game.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8qZlN_zJMI

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
PyrosaurusRex
If the shift numpad thing doesn't work, try removing your controller from underneath your blinds lmao. Worked for me.
bananahira

abraker wrote:

Problem Details:
The song selection keeps on scrolling upwards and is unresponsive to up/down arrow keys. Left and right key still pick the highlighted song. This started happening after remapping 5k mania keys to q,w,e,numPad8,numPad9 and playing a hard map. I made sure numLock is on. I checked if any keys are actually being pressed by using Microsoft's online ghosting check tool: http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx and no keys were being pressed during the event. Also if they were pressed, then the volume controls would be showing which wasn't.

osu! version: 20150203.6beta
i still have this problem

abraker wrote:

I think I figured it out. I made another report here: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/299873 which I think is related to those keys getting ghosted and stuck.
nope, i pressed the windows key to check thing outside the game and it happens when i return to the game, i checked my keyboard and it still happens after i press the windows key

abraker wrote:

nope, i pressed the windows key to check thing outside the game and it happens when i return to the game, i checked my keyboard and it still happens after i press the windows key

IamBaum wrote:

I don't know if u have already completely figured it out with the shift + Numpad scroll issue but if that's not the case then...
It only activates if u hold down Shift, Then hold Num 9 (or some others), and then release the shift before u release the number. Then the scroll commend gets locked.
To disable the scroll simply press the same combo again, but release the number before u release the shift, and it will stop scrolling.
(Ofc numpad numbers)

i tried it and it didn't work
THAT_otaku
Theres really no need to post in here, this thread is 6 years old. make a new post for your issue in the Help forum.

If you're absolutely sure you've tried all those things correctly, try unplugging any other input devices you have plugged in (besides mouse/tablet and keyboard) or try a different keyboard.
Deker
thx this helped
OhhHarrods
how tf is this still happening. this is absolutely ridiculous. none of these fixes work tried every single one of them and nothing. fix your broken game holy shit
[Crz]Nixo

HarrodsBurg wrote:

how tf is this still happening. this is absolutely ridiculous. none of these fixes work tried every single one of them and nothing. fix your broken game holy shit
Same lmao. I suddenly can't play with a numpad anymore because of this.
kurofuji
sAME HERE I dont have numpad, only small keyboard and I just cant select the music anymore so sad
SenninRa
I also have this problem since yesterday (before it was stable for 2 years) its occuring, then i have to restart, every fifth restart its not scrolling, then i play a map and after the map its scrolling again. None of the fixes help in any way...

Is there anyway to fix it via the game client? The issue makes the game unplayable :(

EDIT: Plugging all devices out, controlling ghost typing via Monitor-keyboard, and the scrolling is still going on...

EDIT2: Nothing helps. I remember loading old maps from packs yesterday. I then got a message from osu client "You changed manually something in the client, please avoid that" or similar. (but i didnt) Maybe there is a map provoking the problems?

EDIT3: After consistant help from "8 J", very dedicated to help me, we found out that the culprit was a powerless (have to be stucked into power to be able to turn on) plugged in (for a month already) PS Car Wheel, hiding behind my computer out of sight... Still wondering how it was able to send signals, but it was the culprit!! :D

SOLVED FINALLY - super happy ♪♫ lets click circles again! ♥

EDIT4: Sadly, after playing three maps the scrolling started again .... and there are no plug-in devices left :-) CLOSING osu! now. ;)
RinAisha
A few months ago, it was happening with AMD Adrenaline Software 22.5.1 drivers (at the time it was experimental). Rolled back to 22.4.2 at that time and it fixed it.
Today it works fine on 22.5.2 though the latest experimental version is currently 22.6.1.
DryadDTT

IamBaum wrote:

(Ofc numpad numbers)

IamBaum wrote:

(Ofc numpad numbers)

Thank
AsianChinaAnim3

PyrosaurusRex wrote:

If the shift numpad thing doesn't work, try removing your controller from underneath your blinds lmao. Worked for me.
HAHAHAAHAH omg
my controller was under my desk with my headset pushing the joystick up hahah
zReuss

AsianChinaAnim3 wrote:

PyrosaurusRex wrote:

HAHAHAAHAH omg
me ayudaste. mi problema fue el joystick jajaja
- Marco -

zReuss wrote:

AsianChinaAnim3 wrote:

PyrosaurusRex wrote:

HAHAHAAHAH omg
me ayudaste. mi problema fue el joystick jajaja
Please write a new topic for your issue