forum

Happy Birthday Powerdrone

posted
Total Posts
show more
James2250
I actually thought about doing this a few days ago after seeing all of the birthday threads, maybe you read my mind :D
Quaraezha
It would be pretty cool if the Title is always edited once someone has a birthday
Maybe a change log too so we know who has celebrated it already.
Mianki

Quaraezha wrote:

It would be pretty cool if the Title is always edited once someone has a birthday
+1

But if we start "collecting" everybody's birthdays, would that take too much information to change log?
Quaraezha
Let's put 'em in SpoilerBoxes then :3
Sleep Powder
So we're celebrating everyone's birthday?

If not, why the special treatment?

Why do you get to have all the fun?
Hernan
You already puke rainbows, what else do you want?
Rantai
Obligatory Happy Birthday to all.

This thread has been a long time coming.
anongos

Quaraezha wrote:

Then multiple people celebrating birthdays on the same day would result in quite a long title. Plus some people might not want to have their birthday up on display for whatever reason. Maybe something a little shorter like "[Insert #] people have birthdays today" or something. While it's quite generic, it's the best I can come up with right now.

PS. I just noticed that all your posts are in red.
Corin
Heh. Agreed

+1
TBTE
My Birthday was Monday, so yes.
Topic Starter
Tenshi

James2250 wrote:

I actually thought about doing this a few days ago after seeing all of the birthday threads, maybe you read my mind :D
Maybe. :)

Mianki wrote:

Quaraezha wrote:

+1

But if we start "collecting" everybody's birthdays, would that take too much information to change log?
Would something like this work?

Tenshi wrote:

So by request, here's a list of birthdays that have been celebrated (starting from now); it will be reset after the end of each year.
List of Birthdays
  1. [insert date here] - [insert person here]

animask wrote:

So we're celebrating everyone's birthday?

If not, why the special treatment?

Why do you get to have all the fun?
Are you pertaining to me by any chance? :?

anongos wrote:

Then multiple people celebrating birthdays on the same day would result in quite a long title. Plus some people might not want to have their birthday up on display for whatever reason. Maybe something a little shorter like "[Insert #] people have birthdays today" or something. While it's quite generic, it's the best I can come up with right now.
Well there's always multiple birthdays everyday, so only people who actually want their birthday publicized would post. :D
Ephemeral
you really dont understand what offtopic is for, do you
Topic Starter
Tenshi

Ephemeral wrote:

you really dont understand what offtopic is for, do you
From my understanding, a place to post crap.

I just thought it'd help with the amount of birthday threads, but if that's not the case, then that's fine. :D
Corin
Well i guess it's more sentimental to have your own thread, like mine, i was dead happy when i went onto offtopic, i never even thought it would be created :3

But yeah, normaly people like it more if things like that happen <3
Weez
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=47051

*points to last post*
Vext_old
Yeah but they opened Pandora's Box, that's different.
Wojjan
I for one will stick to making birthday threads, and posting mosiacs of patchouli in them. Everyone gets a thread, pre or post this terrible idea, and their thread will be as much a special little unique snowflake as the person being celebrated.
Vext_old

Wojjan wrote:

I for one will stick to making birthday threads, and posting mosiacs of patchouli in them. Everyone gets a thread, pre or post this terrible idea, and their thread will be as much a special little unique snowflake as the person being celebrated.
Even me?
Wojjan

Vext wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

Even me?
Especially you. when is your birthday? I will provide the gifs.
Topic Starter
Tenshi
That makes sense; I see where you're all getting at.

Then how about a sub-section for birthdays or celebrations or something?

If not, then just let this thread die.
Haneii
So there's a quite a few birthday threads on the first page of OT, so what? It's not like there was much happening in here in the first place nor are they disturbing the other threads.

Some months just have more birthdays - we've got a lot of May babies >w<

If these single threads are a nuisance to some how about a birthday subforum in OT?I still think people should be left alone to start whatever thread they want in OT though :/

edit: Darn...ninja'd :P
adam2046

Haneii wrote:

So there's a quite a few birthday threads on the first page of OT, so what? It's not like there was much happening in here in the first place nor are they disturbing the other threads.
They're pushing good threads off of the first page.

ha
Haha
Vext_old

Wojjan wrote:

Especially you. when is your birthday? I will provide the gifs.
July 2nd ._. I'll be 21 this year. *cough*
Claudia_old
another newfag making threads telling us what to to

HMMMM

also this thread is shitty because it de-personalizes the idea of wishing somebody a happy birthday and defiles it horridly
Sleep Powder

E-Hooker wrote:

also this thread is shitty because it de-personalizes the idea of wishing somebody a happy birthday and defiles it horridly

What is this? High school? lol

Yet, you bring up a good point.

Individual Birthdays (more special) versus Compiled Birthdays (less special).
Powerdrone
I never got a birthday thread.

Wojjan can you post a bunch of gifs for me?

:(
Topic Starter
Tenshi

E-Hooker wrote:

HMMMM

lolnewfag

At first, I made it sound more like a suggestion, but then I changed it 'cause it was kind of confusing how it worked.

I apologize; I didn't mean to sound commanding. :?

Anyways, I've already abandoned this idea, so carry on with making individual birthday threads~.
ddrXero64

Tenshi wrote:

Then how about a sub-section for birthdays or celebrations or something?
I was just about to agree to this too, but then think. Who's really gonna to go to a birthday subforum to read up on the latest birthdays and give 3 people a generic birthday post. At least posting it on OT would ensure saw it and posted in it if they wanted to.

It does take up the pages, but isn't that the point? I mean...
Wojjan

Powerdrone wrote:

I never got a birthday thread.

Wojjan can you post a bunch of gifs for me?

:(

Vext_old
DOSH

... Myspace is still alive?
Topic Starter
Tenshi
So apparently this has turned into Powerdrone's birthday thread?

lolwut
Fabi
Its the power of love!
Corin
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIAMONCRA- lolwut
Powerdrone
8-)
Claudia_old
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY OSU! HUSBAND
Verdisphena
HAPPY B-DAY!
/late