forum

Nostalgia

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vext_old

RemmyX25 wrote:

EDIT: also

Oh man...back when video games were in school and learning was possibly fun.
intermu
___ have died of dysentery.
Sinistro
Hmm...let's try some semi-obscure ones.

Sport Billy's Omni Sac is to this day used in Greece as an expression for either a seemingly bottomless purse or a magic solution tailored to the problem (one MP even said "Where do you suppose we'll find the money to cover the national deficit? In Sport Billy's bag?)

A cross between G.I. Joe and Transformers. Note the epic mustache of the bad guy in the helicopter.

In this series, Lazer Tag equipment conveys super powers (telekinesis, remote control, time travel, WHATEVER THE WRITERS POOTING WANT) to descendants of the inventor. One of these, a criminal from the future, travels back in time to kill his ancestor and prevent Lazer Tag technology from being created...in the process both eliminating his source of super powers and erasing himself from existence! Apart from the stupidest plot ever, this cartoon features Don La Fontaine (Movie Trailer Guy) in the opening narration and Blanka's deformed cousins as minions of the bad guy.
Topic Starter
adam2046

Sinistro wrote:

A cross between G.I. Joe and Transformers. Note the epic mustache of the bad guy in the helicopter.
I haven't even watched that show but I still have the start of the English opening stuck in my head.
MAAAAAAAAAAAASK CRUUUUUUUSAAAAADEEEERS!
WORKING ALL THE TIME!
FIGHTING CRIME!
FIGHTING CRIME!
Quaraezha
Jarby

Quaraezha wrote:

Gabi
This is a pretty nice watch, all these themes <3

Mianki

Gabi wrote:

This is a pretty nice watch, all these themes <3

Likes ^^

Muumipeikko Pikku-Myy~
Ja Muumipappa esintyy~
Silloin laulu kutsukoon~
Tuijottelutuokioon~
Käy Muumilaaksoon~
Card N'FoRcE

Mandatory.
Cuddlebun

Topic Starter
adam2046

Natteke
ddrXero64

Cuddlebun wrote:

I remember this vividly, old ass computers. :)
Backfire
N/A
arne439

Natteke wrote:

That's recorded from a Swedish TV-station, i can see it on the logo. :D
awp

RemmyX25 wrote:

Did anyone else watch this? Only me?
Oh yes.

I've been watching a few "History of Duke Nukem" documentary videos, and one had some footage from Duke Nukem 3D in it, which is massive nostalgia for me. So I've been playing that.

Could list a ton of tv shows that were nostalgia. Or the NES.
Topic Starter
adam2046
Sushi
God, guys, you just made me realize I'm getting older and older

Poot

I think the game I played the most was :

awp wrote:

I've been watching a few "History of Duke Nukem" documentary videos, and one had some footage from Duke Nukem 3D in it, which is massive nostalgia for me. So I've been playing that.
I still have DN3D on my comp :U

Btw, have you played DN 1 & 2 ?

If someone put that out, I would oldface immediately
intermu
The Matrix came out 12 years ago. Toy Story came out 16 years ago. Lion King came out 17 years ago.
Mianki

intermu wrote:

The Matrix came out 12 years ago. Toy Story came out 16 years ago. Lion King came out 17 years ago.
I came out 21 years ago.

And my nostalgia :P:
boat
today i threw away a bit over 200 VCR movies

i feel a bit of regret, but i need to throw out the unnecessary stuff out as i can't, or rather don't want to have loads of junk in my new apartment, and i havent touched those tapes in ages
Powerdrone
Mismagius
Wojjan
you're 12 how can you have nostalgia
Mismagius

Wojjan wrote:

you're 12 how can you have nostalgia
shhhh don't ruin the thread
Verdisphena