forum

Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RatherDashing42
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 11:01:12 AM

Artist: Marilyn Manson
Title: This is Halloween
BPM: 168
Filesize: 9808kb
Play Time: 3011:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.85 stars, 216 notes)
  2. Insane (4.68 stars, 456 notes)
Download: Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, here's my second beatmap. Marilyin Manson's version of the ever popular This is Halloween from the movie Nightmare Before Christmas. I had an absolute blast making this beatmap, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Edit- Thanks to peppy for fixing the problem that was keeping people from being ranked for a while.
peppy
Perfect timing, perfect spacing. What is there to say? First try was a pass (just) and I don't even feel the need to check this in edit mode. Grats!

* Its hard and there are no breaks. I think this is fine as-is for the hard version, but it would be great to see an easier version with larger notes, less fast sections and at least one break to allow for some recovery mid-song :).

* No whistle/finish notes in this beatmap. Was this on purpose or did you not get around to it? I always liek to point this one out as I feel these additions really add to the overall feel of the beatmap.

Star for you.
Topic Starter
RatherDashing42
*I am in the process of making a normal version right now, and I will take your suggestions into consideration in the process.

*Oh, I totally forgot to go back and add some finishes at least. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the whistles, but I'll see if there are some places where they fit well, however I will definitely go back and add some finishes at least.

Thanks a lot. Like I said, I had a blast making this beatmap, so I'm glad it turned out well. I'm a little crunched for time right now with finals coming up in a matter of days, but I will re-upload the hard version and get the easier version up as soon as I can. Thanks again.
Fraeon
This is pretty awesome, gotta say.

It only needs a corresponding skin. :lol:
Topic Starter
RatherDashing42

Fraeon wrote:

This is pretty awesome, gotta say.

It only needs a corresponding skin. :lol:
Thanks. Glad you like it. As far as a skin goes you don't even want me to try and make one of those. However, I would like to add a video in the background, however for some reason my video's won't work. They used to but now they won't, so I don't know if what I'm trying is working or not. If someone else would be able to add the music video from the movie behind it that would be great. Still working on the easy version, will probably have it tomorrow or Wed as most of my major finals are tomorrow. Anyway, glad you like it.
awp
If you could upload the video or link to it it would be no problem.

Also the star fell off again??? peppy, I thought you had that on lockdown.

also damn it I have this song but haven't taken a look at it yet, but it sounds like my input isn't really necessary. iirc I have another beatmap by you that was fantastic and you know what you're doing.

EDIT: way to not do your job awp

k so I just ran through it and didn't get a single 50. (I missed 9 notes because my computer had a fit once and I screwed up on my own twice but hey it was my fault).

Excellent work on this. I would say, it needs some sort of visual in the background (the video =D) and it can be ranked.
Topic Starter
RatherDashing42
Well, glad you liked it awp. However, I uploaded it with the video in the background (with the messed up timing). Did you not get the video when you downloaded it? Do I need to upload that separately or something? I just uploaded again so see if it works, if not I can just upload the video separately or something.
awp
I downloaded the osz a while ago. I'll redownload the osz and find out.

EDIT: Did not get video. Is the video in the same folder as the song and .osu file? Also, if it's not attached to the actual .osu file, make sure it is before you Upload Beatmap and select "Force .osz reupload".

To ensure that it's attached to the .osu file, add the following line under [Events]:

1,0,"videofile.avi"

where "videofile.avi" represents the name of the, well, video file. The video may not be synced up with the song, but at least then when it is uploaded, the video should go with it and I can synchronize them for you.
Topic Starter
RatherDashing42
Ok, I did the "Force full .osz upload" and I believe that worked.
awp
Topic Starter
RatherDashing42
Thanks Awp, video's just a hair off, but I'll take it. Took me long enough, but it's finally up with video and everything.
Topic Starter
RatherDashing42
Sorry for the double post, but could a mod please rank this? Awp said it would be rankable once I got the video behind it, which I did, and I'd really love to see this ranked, so if a mod could get this ranked that would be great.
awp
Oops I forgot lol

anyhow, the most I can do is bubble this and wait for another mod to approve. That, or peppy.
MaxwellDemon
I really like this too... so, ranked. :D
blacklotus90
I LOVE this map, but for me it says "update to latest version?" yet it refuses to update. I've tried deleting and redownloading but nothing... Is anyone else getting this problem?
Upsilon_old
Yes I am. Guess I can't play this one until Peppy gets back...
Saturos
In the top right of the download page, there's a link to download the most recent .osu file aptly named 'Grab latest .osu file'

Right click + Save Target As the link for the .osu for each difficulty and place them into the song's folder. Save them over whatever other .osu files are in there. You should now be able to play the beatmaps and get credit for it.

This is more of a temporary fix than anything, but it works.
DoomsDay1990
I tried that method but I found that the normal and insane difficulties still had the same problem, but the easy and hard difficulties worked fine. However I also think however, that the hard beatmap is the same as the insane one. Similarly the easy is the same as normal, but the easy one ends halfway through the song.
Topic Starter
RatherDashing42

doomsday1990 wrote:

I tried that method but I found that the normal and insane difficulties still had the same problem, but the easy and hard difficulties worked fine. However I also think however, that the hard beatmap is the same as the insane one. Similarly the easy is the same as normal, but the easy one ends halfway through the song.
Well, though I'm glad this finally got ranked something's confusing me. I only made two difficulties, normal and insane. Easy and hard shouldn't even exist...that's really weird. I'll try re-uploading it I guess but that's weird I have no idea what it's doing that...hmm...

Edit- I lied. I can't re-upload it, cause it says since it's ranked I can't upload it for some reason...weird, no idea what's up. Peppy? Mod? someone?
awp
Reuploading changed ranked .osus removes all the online scores and that would upset many people who got awesome scores so I think peppy would rather handle it on a per case basis rather than give the mass public the power to piss off hundreds of individuals with a single click
Topic Starter
RatherDashing42

awp wrote:

Reuploading changed ranked .osus removes all the online scores and that would upset many people who got awesome scores so I think peppy would rather handle it on a per case basis rather than give the mass public the power to piss off hundreds of individuals with a single click
Ah, ok, well that makes sense. However is there something someone can do about there being 4 difficulties when there should only be two?
peppy
Sorry this took so long to get fixed! It was queried just after I left for Japan unfortunately. It should all work as expected now. As a result, some people will have lost their high scores on the two versions that should not have made it to rankings. Apologies for this!
Jesster_old
Every time I play this beatmap my game crashes. I have no idea why, it happens right after it loads the level. I don't suppose anyone else is getting the same error? I've re-downloaded the file three times now including replacing with the latest .osu. It's annoying 'cause this is a pretty cool song and would probably be the one I play most T.T
awp

Jesster wrote:

Every time I play this beatmap my game crashes.
Are you getting an error message when it crashes? If so, posting it to the Bug Reports forum might help you a bit.

You could also try playing it in "No Video" mode, in case something to do with video playback on your machine is acting up (can you play other beatmaps that have videos in them?).
Jesster_old
This is the only song that crashes the system and I've played quite a few songs with videos in them. Often it crashes with just the microsoft "error report" error, it's also crashed without any messages but a few times it's crashed with an osu pop-up box that's said something about saving to a protected file or something before going into a long list of things I didn't understand. Next time it happens I'll post the info here.
chan
Awesome beatmap dude, possibly one of the best I've played.
Riik_old
"The requested URL was not found on this server."

:(

Seems like I have to wait until the download gets fixed to try this map
Randoom_old
йаааааааааааазъ
redyoshi117
sweet sond love it :) 8-)
RikoShigeru
CodeS

RikoShigeru wrote:

did you consider putting a picture too?
i think this works well
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120803215039/kingdomhearts/images/8/84/Halloween_Town-_Curly_Hill_(Art)_KH.png
Do you Realize this beatmap is from 2007? <.<
No point in making a suggestion lol