forum

Need ideas

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Machiavellian
Just finished a map I've been working on for a while and need some ideas for a diff name and bg. It's an upbeat electronic chiptune song so I'm thinking pixel art with a light color palette. Any ideas for a cool diff name or some nice pixel art would be appreciated!

Edit: picked a bg, now just need a cool chill diff name
THAT_otaku
What song is it smh, kinda hard (at least for me) to judge fitting BGs/diff names without hearing it at least once :thonk:
Topic Starter
Machiavellian

THAT_otaku wrote:

What song is it smh, kinda hard (at least for me) to judge fitting BGs/diff names without hearing it at least once :thonk:
sorry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QAqk8-pToU
THAT_otaku
Since you already got a BG, maybe something related to the song title and/or chiptune for the diffname? ("Yes!" ?)
EtheralAzure
Well this is the best 1st map I've ever seen so I'd like to say sth.

I would suggest [Default Delight]. Reason:
1. Chiptune music is originally preset in 8-bit games (I know chiptune music ≠ 8-bit music but let's just regard them as same stuff), deep in the chips. As a result it's "default";
2. "Delight" represents the pleasant atmosphere of the music;
3. The title is "yesyesyes", which is the most common + primitive way to express joy, just like a default setting in the society. So "default delight" would be quite suitable;
4. The 2 words make alliteration, which feels even better.

Alternative: [Digital Delight]
It also makes alliteration and is reasonable, but I don't think it's as good as the first. Anyway it's up to you to decide ><

Some offtopic stuff:
After 01:36:292 music is quite calm. You can use more 1/1 circles instead of spamming 1/2 low-sv sliders which makes zero sense.
Sountren
I can't really explain it well but, the song is sounds chiptune or like 8-bit theme and and you can feel the beat expresses Joy and also most of 8-bit game is more popular on adventure theme style so prob it Will fit called as Digital Adventure