forum

[resolved] Audio cutting out and unable to click circles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chibu68
Problem details
Audio randomly cutting out mid-play and being unable to click circles, can still hit 100s on sliders. I'm assuming the game somehow thinks im holding z/x, but the keystroke thing on the side shows it's still registering my taps.
The video shows what happens after the fact because I don't know how to recreate this bug.

This happened to me before, but I thought maybe it's my pc being weird.
Now its starting to happen more frequently.
I thought maybe it has something to do with my audio/Nvidia drivers as I hadn't updated for some time, but updating didn't do anything.

Also, I usually play on cutting edge, so I switched to stable thinking it might resolve the problem, but it didn't help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem
Video

osu! version
Both Stable 20220101.1 (latest) and Cutting Edge b20220109
Dntm8kmeeatu
Something is likely going wrong with your audio device/drivers. Or just something fucky in general. Could try fully reinstalling the drivers instead of simply updating. Also make sure your audio device isn't being changed or lost in Windows and in osu! settings.
Topic Starter
Chibu68
I'll check the audio device thing next time this happens. Gonna try reinstalling audio drivers afterwards. Thank you for the response.
Topic Starter
Chibu68

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Something is likely going wrong with your audio device/drivers. Or just something fucky in general. Could try fully reinstalling the drivers instead of simply updating. Also make sure your audio device isn't being changed or lost in Windows and in osu! settings.
Happened again and saw that my osu! audio output was set to default since I never touched it. Setting it to my headphones fixed the issue. Thanks!
Topic Starter
Chibu68
For anyone stumbling upon this post with the same problem, the cause for the bug seems to be the headphones disconnecting for a brief moment and as such, as Dntm8kmeeatu stated before, the audio device gets changed. So the issue might be a bad cable or audio jack. As for me, I think my headphone cable is too short as its completely stretched when sitting upright and that causes it lose connection or something.