forum

Pokemon Move: Ohsu Regional Games

posted
Total Posts

Look at page 5 for an update with a question.

Thanks! I posted my answer.
16.67%
I'm not going to vote.
33.33%
ok.
50.00%
Total votes: 6
show more
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Vext wrote:

From a fictional story? Am I the only one that sees the irony in this?

ddrXero64 wrote:

Edit: Everyone is a human, and they'll have at least one pokemon who represents them.

ddrXero64 wrote:

Remember though, this story revolves around the community. Just post like you usually do, and be yourself. I tend to pull random stuff out of what's happening and sneak it into the story.

It's not too ironic when you think about it. And I found a good way to put you in, I'm tired now, but I might be able to type it up in the morning...
Kitsunemimi
Oh man I so totally feel like getting involved in this. It's been so long since I last participated in a Pokémon-related fanfic... Except my previous ones involved partaking in our own individual roles directly AS Pokémon... but, close enough. Although, I haven't really talked to you enough in chat Xero, so I don't want you to misinterpret my behaviour... so maybe later.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Oh man I so totally feel like getting involved in this. It's been so long since I last participated in a Pokémon-related fanfic... Except my previous ones involved partaking in our own individual roles directly AS Pokémon... but, close enough. Although, I haven't really talked to you enough in chat Xero, so I don't want you to misinterpret my behaviour... so maybe later.
My last one which consisted of longer chapters (I took my time, it had a lot more imagery too, it took place in a forest) was describing the community as pokemon themselves. It went up to ten chapters, with a mini event (a special chapter that was off the side from the main story). I need to finish it soon, but this is the first time I try something different. Other than my special Elite Four story which was done in one go (3 hours) I've never attempted to use people themselves. It's different for me, but fun. The imagery is lessened, symbolism is twisted into more obvious allusions and the humor is a little more straightforward. I enjoy trying new styles, this is strictly a hobby and not what I do on a regular basis.

It's hard to find me, I'm literally unpredictable. I've been on the vent sometimes, and I can go on chat if you want me too. But I'm still getting into the groove of things, so I always space out on chat.

I tend to look at what's happening in the forum, which is why I like to look at some of the popular threads. If you're a common forum member, I'll notice it. The more I post, the more replies I get, and the more threads I find, the more I'll get to know people by personality.

For the tl;dr people:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=53059
Cuddlebun
does anyone else see the irony in some new person who doesn't know the community writing a community-based fic

like at all
Vext_old

Cuddlebun wrote:

does anyone else see the irony in some new person who doesn't know the community writing a community-based fic

like at all
It's so bold, even I see it!
Sleep Powder
I agree with Tode for once.

You have been here only a short time.

I just hope you figure out all of our genders first.

posting after Vext~ yay
Rantai
Ahh I do love stuff like this, seeing how one perceives others in a community.

Actually, if possible, I wouldn't mind being added in somewhere down the track. That aside keep up the writing, it's entertaining :)

SPOILER
Also I thought Medi-chan is female, but I've never talked to her/him so I don't know for sure.
Kokizi
can I be gar trainer's anti-hero?
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Cuddlebun wrote:

like at all
I would've agreed, but it seems you'll say anything to try and take down this story. I was kinda encouraged to do this by others, and I knew I didn't know many people. But I never really heard of someone getting mad that they were in a story. C'mon Cuddlebun, many people want you in it. Even E-Hooker got to bitchslap someone, you sure you don't wanna join? I haven't written Chapter 3 yet, I need a REAL antagonist, the forum depends on you. :P

BakaloidSky wrote:

can I be gar trainer's anti-hero?
I don't think anyone can save or destroy him as much as he can himself. But tell me, what's your favorite kind of music?

Rantai wrote:

Actually, if possible, I wouldn't mind being added in somewhere down the track. That aside keep up the writing, it's entertaining :)
Just to make sure...male right? Oh wait, I saw the pictures, never mind I got it. Hm....

Pokemon Dancer, done.

Edit: Wow, Danzai is a Euro Raver and Rantai is Pokemon Dancer, that worked out well! Didn't even plan it haha, you guys have a part together in Chapter 4, I can already see it.
Cuddlebun
No.

If you really knew the community you would easily be able to come up with another antagonist. But you don't. Hence the irony. Being said by someone who doesn't like the subject doesn't make a statement less true.
Wojjan
This is terribly written.

Testing Tode's theory
Kokizi

ddrXero64 wrote:

I don't think anyone can save or destroy him as much as he can himself. But tell me, what's your favorite kind of music?
Classical, could care less if it's Sonata, Solo Concerto and what not. as long as it's classical music
Claudia_old
I make such a good bitch.
Vext_old

Wojjan wrote:

This is terribly written.

Testing Tode's theory
I shall board the troll train for 5 seconds.

I see your terribly written and raise you a "How conceited do you have to be to make yourself the main character."
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Cuddlebun wrote:

No.
Guaranteed answer.

E-Hooker wrote:

I make such a good bitch.
The truth's out.

BakaloidSky wrote:

Classical, could care less if it's Sonata, Solo Concerto and what not. as long as it's classical music
Welcome aboard Pokemon Musician.

Vext wrote:

I shall board the troll train for 5 seconds.

I see your terribly written and raise you a "How conceited do you have to be to make yourself the main character."
Welcome aboard. Read my last story. The main character was the owner of the new SMO, and the entire story revolved around him bringing and keeping a community together. I was in that community for over a year. I've been here *checks watch* not too long, and I got asked multiple times to write the story.

Personalities are generic, and they'll be inaccurate. I made myself the main for now because I know myself pretty well. I could completely change that up in one chapter, and I actually planned to. I have a second protagonist in my next chapter who will be focused on.

Oh, this is for fun, derp. You're taking it too seriously gaiz.
Vext_old

ddrXero64 wrote:

Oh, this is for fun, derp. You're taking it too seriously gaiz.
It's srsbsns.

Derp.
Successful troll is successful
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
Oh look, I wrote Chapter 3 and its extended ending.

Part 1 is done, and Part 2 will start when I can begin writing it. Here's a couple of things I don't feel like writing in paragraph form.

1. Off Topic=OT=Ohsu Thrashers. Symbolism guys.
  2. Kitsunemimi PM'd me asking for Glaceon. I don't like writing with restriction, then it wouldn't be creative writing. So don't ask, or the story will most likely end up as awkward as it did at the end of Chapter 3.
  3. I'm out of the story for now. Isn't that ironic.
  4. Master 3 pokemon refers to the three modes in osu! So yea.
  5. Medi-Chan is a girl now. I know what I'm dooooiiiiinnng, gosh.
  6. Kirby and animask made a small appearance. I squeezed a lot in, which is why the extended ending is there. It wouldn't have made sense with the shift in story for Part 2. So Kirby and animask will definitely have bigger parts later on.
  7. It's now 5 sections written. I don't know any story that explained everything at the beginning, so let the story unfold some before you start complaining about certain things. You know how I said before "I bullshitted my way through high school," right? Yea, this is how. This story is pulled out of nowhere as I write it because it, like the community, can change at any moment. It's a parody more than fiction, so it'll take actual forum events into the story, even if it doesn't make sense. Don't like it? lol, go write your own, no need to get dramatic.

Cuddlebun wrote:

No.

If you really knew the community you would easily be able to come up with another antagonist. But you don't. Hence the irony. Being said by someone who doesn't like the subject doesn't make a statement less true.
Right, because the person is wrong either way. Good point.
Kitsunemimi
Derp.
Sleep Powder
"Gradually, your knowledge of us will grow. Your perception of us will change both in the story and in the real world. That is how your story will unfold."
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
Seems like someone finally gets it (fully). Thanks. I also seemed to find my old fan fiction account which was used for my old story. Since I'm finally writing a new story, I'm going to use that to update them all at once. Click my signature to view the stories I've written and still currently write.
Rantai
Rentai
Some things just never change in my life hehe.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Rantai wrote:

Rentai
Some things just never change in my life hehe.
What are you talking about?
Rantai
Whether deliberate or not, Rentai was always a common misspelling/mispronunciation of Rantai, even when I was young.

Edit: Guess I should be blunt, misspelling of the name on part 5.
Wojjan

ddrXero64 wrote:

I vouch to replace all occurence of Ohsu Trashers by Ohsu Trashers In Manly Thong Mantles so it can be symbolism for off-topic being mean to you. If necessary I will provide art accompaniment of your story depicting the osu! trashers in manly thong mantles.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Wojjan wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

I vouch to replace all occurence of Ohsu Trashers by Ohsu Trashers In Manly Thong Mantles so it can be symbolism for off-topic being mean to you. If necessary I will provide art accompaniment of your story depicting the osu! trashers in manly thong mantles.
No, they weren't mean to me lol, read between the lines. I made them a bad ass type group, with a hint from E-Hooker. Not once was I affected by them, and the encounter in Chapter 2 sheds some light on how I feel about them, both in the story and on the forum. I also wasn't embarassed on the stage from them, it was from having my offset so ridiculously off, which is why I was messing up my first couple of plays on osu!. Even more, Vash was the one to knock out the Furret. I haven't had a direct negative encounter with an Ohsu Thrasher in the story, just words so far. If you think there's drama already in my story, you haven't seen anything yet . :P

If you would like to provide art though (seriously), let me know. When I was writing my story on the old community I had a picture of every pokemon/member that was introduced in each chapter. If you want to draw people as they're introduced, go ahead. Do it how you want too, I won't judge them at all, so feel free to make people look bad. I'll put them in a spoiler under watch character name and give you the credit.

Because some people were described a bit, here's some stuff you might wanna take notice (or for anyone providing artwork).

-Quaraezha has red hair.
-Medi-Chan has a hat, and probably looks a little tomboyish.
-E-Hooker has a leather jacket and boots, over all Biker look. Use accessories if you wanna be creative.
-Danzai is a raver and wears phat pants/tripps and a black shirt (be creative with the shirt if you want), Rantai wears a suit and fedora.
-You might want to draw the pokemon that goes with each trainer, but it's optional. But it would be cool!

***Edit: Actually, if anyone wants to provide artwork of themselves (or others) depicted as trainers, feel free. Other than the guidelines above that are unavoidable, create yourself as the character you're listed please! This could help me not only see personality easier, but gives me a lot more to work with in terms of storywriting. If you'd like to submit a drawing of you or someone else as their trainer, just post it here or PM me (just post it, I don't need PM's c'mon...). As long as it doesn't have nudity or depict someone REALLY badly, I'll just post it under someone's name with your credit.

Multiple pictures of the same person are welcome, but the first one will be the one I'll base my character personality writing. And if you try to submit one that just shows poor and effortless artwork, no. I'm not basing my character on that, I kinda prefer manga/anime drawings since it is pokemon. But I'll still post it under the name.

BakaloidSky would make an interesting character as a musician haha...
Pokebis
Please provide art, Wojjan.
Vext_old

Pokebis wrote:

On par with SapphireGhost I hope.
Sleep Powder

Pokebis wrote:

On par with SapphireGhost I hope.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
Update on Story

-I'm going to start writing it again soon, I've been working many shifts for my job lately.
-I decided to get a huge batch of fan made Pokemon Trainers and put them with each character in the story so far. They match well for the most part, so check the OP! You can still make your own if you want, but if not I'll be providing one myself.
-I don't have many people left to introduce, and they'll be introduced rather quickly. The story can continue with the current people so far, but if you would like to be in it and I have something to work with (I don't need to know you, but if you're a new person I've never met expect a generic personality) then I'll add you to the list.

I'm also going to add a poll to the OP. It will go on until I write the last chapter for Part 2. The question is,

"Someone will have to battle Gym Leader Omega. Who will it be?"

Just post your answer, the poll won't have actual choices since people will be added along the way. You only get one vote, and it can't be changed. So if you change it, first person still counts. If you post more than one person, I'll take the first person as the vote. If don't post anyone, it's a troll post.

Pretty much.

Useless Info:

I like ztrot's character art the best, his and Danzai's are pretty bad ass. Also, Vext has two, you'll see later in the story why. Look at that, I just foreshadowed.
Wojjan
That poll defeats the use of polls.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
I've seen worse, but yea, the maximum is 10 choices, and I might need more, so I rather just use post voting.

I'll probably decide the person if no one else does. I really do enjoy writing this story, I'm not paying attention to how many people are reading it, though I know some do.
Kurowolfe
I've just read through the whole story recently, and I quite like the story up to now. :)
Looking forward for the next installment, though I'd rather you choose the opponent for Omega yourself, Xero.
Kitsunemimi
I think it would be better if you just chose :3
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
I don't think you guys realize that I don't choose anything. Everything that has happened in the story was due to the community. Quaraezha's personality in this forum got him slapped by E-Hooker, who at first didn't like me, who still doesn't like me but accepts me. Then Kirby's professional vibe is there because he seems to be very literate and involved, and ztrot manages a lot in a very unconventional way resulting in how he did that speech.

You do realize I've chose nothing, I've just twisted the community posts/events into a story. :)

But in that case, because you seem to want me to choose, then that itself will affect the story now. :P
Wojjan

ddrXero64 wrote:

...E-Hooker, who at first didn't like me, who still doesn't like me but accepts me.
pssst

she doesn't
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
Psst, no one cares.

Edit: First chapter of Part 2, The Real Victory, is out. Just refer to the OP or w/e
Vext_old
Animask smiled, and nodded at Vext.
Even in fanfic we're besties~!

Start Power
No, START POWER.

Also, damn I'm so fking nice. Didn't see that coming.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Vext wrote:

No, START POWER.

Also, damn I'm so fking nice. Didn't see that coming.
You were one of my favorite people to put into the story so far truthfully. Here's you in one sentence:

You're a cool guy, but you can be a douchebag when you want to be.

That's the story behind your two faces, to be explained more in coming chapters. Tornado relief is delaying my chapters though.

Edit: I'll edit each chapter to say START POWER instead, you're right on that one.
Claudia_old

Wojjan wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

...E-Hooker, who at first didn't like me, who still doesn't like me but accepts me.
pssst

she doesn't
pssst

speak for yoself
Wojjan
we gon take this outside?

cos ill take this outside if yo gonna
show more