forum

[Guide] Fixing Mac issues

posted
Total Posts
show more
itsbobbytnt
My osu! can run but it is extremely laggy due to the fact that it isn't fullscreen. (I know this because use to play games using wineskin)So i figured out that i didn't open fullscreen in the wineskin inside the package contents. I went to it and i tried to turn it on, but it didn't load and it just says "Wineskin is currently busy." Does anybody know why?
Topic Starter
Technocoder
itsbobbytnt

itsbobbytnt wrote:

My osu! can run but it is extremely laggy due to the fact that it isn't fullscreen. (I know this because use to play games using wineskin)So i figured out that i didn't open fullscreen in the wineskin inside the package contents. I went to it and i tried to turn it on, but it didn't load and it just says "Wineskin is currently busy." Does anybody know why?
Did you reinstall the Wineskin? This is typically caused by the presence of the quarantine attribute. You can remove it by running my troubleshooting tool: community/forums/topics/1036678.
itsbobbytnt

Technocoder wrote:

itsbobbytnt

itsbobbytnt wrote:

Did you reinstall the Wineskin? This is typically caused by the presence of the quarantine attribute. You can remove it by running my troubleshooting tool: community/forums/topics/1036678.
I did. Reinstalled wineskin, used your OSU!Macos Agent and used the scan and fix thing, reinstalled osu! a couple times, nothing works. Still laggy and not full screened like normal. What should I do now? (I heard that osu! isnt completely compatible with High Seira which is what im using, but I don't think its because of that.).
Topic Starter
Technocoder
I was referring to the Wineskin application not loading. Which Wineskin are you using? Can you clarify what setting you're looking for when you mean "fullscreen"? (there's a fullscreen mode option in the osu! settings) but I don't think turning fullscreen mode on would fix your lag issues.
stinakookiex
Hi,

The osu app isn't opening on my Mac. I'm on High Sierra.

I downloaded the latest wineskin and also the osu macOS agent but the app doesn't open properly, it keeps saying "Hi! Your client is being updates" and keeps restarting over and over again.

help pleasee?
zenyk
yo is work
k x n a
hey so i downloaded osu an i cant get the songs or beatmaps to go into my osu by drag and drop also Im on macos 10.13.6 and when i try to download beatmaps or skins it says "there is no windows program configured to open this type of file." Please help
mystic_moon
I read it all but my problem is that I have Osu on my dock and it won't leave the dock and I can't restart or shut down-
Topic Starter
Technocoder

stinakookiex wrote:

Hi,

The osu app isn't opening on my Mac. I'm on High Sierra.

I downloaded the latest wineskin and also the osu macOS agent but the app doesn't open properly, it keeps saying "Hi! Your client is being updates" and keeps restarting over and over again.

help pleasee?
Open the agent, click on Other and then click on Update osu!

k x n a wrote:

hey so i downloaded osu an i cant get the songs or beatmaps to go into my osu by drag and drop also Im on macos 10.13.6 and when i try to download beatmaps or skins it says "there is no windows program configured to open this type of file." Please help
You need to import using macOS Agent. See that forum thread of my latest Wineskin thread for details on how to import maps and skins.

mystic_moon wrote:

I read it all but my problem is that I have Osu on my dock and it won't leave the dock and I can't restart or shut down-
Open Activity Monitor and search for osu!, wine, Wineskin, C:\, and kill any processes with those names in the process name
Suicune3
Hi! Thanks for the macOS builds that you've been working on for the past few years now!

Recently, I've noticed that I can't open replay files from the Replays folder. When I F2 a replay, it saves the file in the format
Suicune3 - An - Catanoph [Lavender's Extra] (2020-09-03) Osu-3.osr
However, it appears that I am no longer able to open the replay files anymore unless I change the file name to something like
Suicune3_-_An_-_Catanoph_Lavenders_Extra_2020-09-03_Osu-3.osr
Otherwise I get this error:

I would appreciate it if you had any solutions to fixing this as I was able to open replay files with any file name and the .osr extension prior to redownloading the Wineskin around early November.

Attached is the troubleshoot report from osu!macOS Agent. Thanks again for all the work you've done for the macOS community!
Version 10.13.3 (Build 17D47)
Engine: WS9Wine4.0-rc3
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Release: Stable40
Quarantine attribute is absent
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is disabled
Compatibility mode is disabled
System Integrity Protection is enabled
Engine version is supported
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: update.log is absent
No errors in: runtime.log
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Suicune3

Suicune3 wrote:

Hi! Thanks for the macOS builds that you've been working on for the past few years now!

Recently, I've noticed that I can't open replay files from the Replays folder. When I F2 a replay, it saves the file in the format
Suicune3 - An - Catanoph [Lavender's Extra] (2020-09-03) Osu-3.osr
However, it appears that I am no longer able to open the replay files anymore unless I change the file name to something like
Suicune3_-_An_-_Catanoph_Lavenders_Extra_2020-09-03_Osu-3.osr
Otherwise I get this error:

I would appreciate it if you had any solutions to fixing this as I was able to open replay files with any file name and the .osr extension prior to redownloading the Wineskin around early November.

Attached is the troubleshoot report from osu!macOS Agent. Thanks again for all the work you've done for the macOS community!
Version 10.13.3 (Build 17D47)
Engine: WS9Wine4.0-rc3
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Quarantine attribute is absent
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Apologies for the late reply, I don't know why replay files have broken in the latest builds. If you enable "Automatically open replays from the Downloads folder", it will handle the whitespace removal for you.
Liko900
hello I suddenly started to flicker the cards it can be both at the beginning and at the end but it is impossible to play with this because the difficulty is also added to the flicker
So0yaa
Im playing on mac and I'm using osu agent to auto-download maps but when I press fn+f5 nothing happens. I have the agent running in the bg too.
elvodqa
Oh no! I'm stuck in an update loop

If you are running Mojave wineskin and your game stuck in an update loop, try using CATALINA wineskin.

It fixed my issue.
JoJoIsMyName
when i play osu there are some times when horizontal black lines show up on my screen and then after that theres insane delay.
cutedoggo20
Hello, whenever I play a new beatmap, it always goes into the thing where osu plays for you. I reset all mods, but it keeps on happening. Is there a fix?
joonlarities
I have deleted osu and i cannot shut down/restart my mac. If i do a notification that says “osu!59797251Wine interrupted start”. even though i dont have the game anymore. Should i redownload and delete again??
Topic Starter
Technocoder

joonlarities wrote:

I have deleted osu and i cannot shut down/restart my mac. If i do a notification that says “osu!59797251Wine interrupted start”. even though i dont have the game anymore. Should i redownload and delete again??
I assume you have solved this problem now...? If not, open Activity Monitor, search for "Wine" and close any processes with that in the name.
craftingpickaxe
how do i upload beatmaps/skins i have already downloaded a beatmap
Epzly
"The mouse cursor is showing on top of osu! cursor" (Dual monitor method)

This appears to be outdated. When navigating, I was unable to locate the "CaptureDisplaysForFullScreen" interactable.
Marian0_
No se realmente no se que hacer solamente que al momento de descargar me aparece tu cliente esta actualizando me aparece no tienes conexión a internet pero si tengo
Xyxuzy
I was trying to update the Wine engine but when I click on the link to download the winery it leads to a blank page. Help please!
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Xyxuzy wrote:

I was trying to update the Wine engine but when I click on the link to download the winery it leads to a blank page. Help please!
Hi, I can't seem to edit my forum post, but Wineskin Winery has largely been replaced by the Unofficial Wineskin Winery now which you can download here: https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/releases/tag/V1.8.4.2 under the Assets section (click Wineskin.Winery.txz and then extract it)
LGXZ
Does screen sharing osu in discord have no audio for you guys or is it just me?
Viirus_kitty
I use a mac and everytime i double click osu to open it just doesnt, and ive tried restarting my computer and all that stuff and it didnt work. I still dont know what to do. if anyone has a solution please help me!
UBISOFT12
Hello,

I am having issues with importing beat maps into Osu!. I have looked at the "A beatmap just won't import!" section and I think I am having a different issue. When I try to open the beatmap with osu I get a pop error saying: "There is no window program configured to open this type of file."

Please advise now what I should do.
-Daydream-

Epzly wrote:

"The mouse cursor is showing on top of osu! cursor" (Dual monitor method)

This appears to be outdated. When navigating, I was unable to locate the "CaptureDisplaysForFullScreen" interactable.
Having the same issue here. Has anyone found a solution?
An_
while discord screen sharing, the audio doesn't work for the audiance. I tried resetting everything on discord and instead of all windows ss i used just ss-ing osu but the result was still the same no sound, plz help i also tried almost everything i could think of, when i switch to osu lazer however the ss works fine, but most of my friends play the original vers so yea.
SCP-978
Osu told me there was an Update, so I clicked download new version. Now whenever I open osu, it tries to download an update, tells me I am up to date, boots up the start up logo, but then never opens osu

Log

Version 13.1 (Build 22C65)

Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit21.2.0

Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4

Quarantine attribute is absent (bundle)

Quarantine attribute is absent (wrapper)

Execute flag is present

Razer Synapse is absent

I am on Ventura 13.1
I deleted a song folder while osu! was still open, when I closed osu and reopened it, this error started happening
ThatOneSky-
i tried updating my wrapper but now when i try to launch osu it doesnt execute osu but rather opens the wineskin?
yunteez

SCP-978 wrote:

Osu told me there was an Update, so I clicked download new version. Now whenever I open osu, it tries to download an update, tells me I am up to date, boots up the start up logo, but then never opens osu

Log

Version 13.1 (Build 22C65)

Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit21.2.0

Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4

Quarantine attribute is absent (bundle)

Quarantine attribute is absent (wrapper)

Execute flag is present

Razer Synapse is absent

I am on Ventura 13.1
I deleted a song folder while osu! was still open, when I closed osu and reopened it, this error started happening
i'm currently having the exact same issue where it tries to update, tells me it's up to date, shows the start up logo, then never opens. did anyone figure out a solution?