forum

Mapping Contest - 100 Objects Challenge

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lp9
Hello there, I'm not sure in which forum to post this, so if this is the wrong place, I apologize

Anyway, I have decided to host a little mapping contest, in which the theme is to use 100 objects only

If you need an example of what is acceptable, I have made one such map myself beatmapsets/1589064#osu/3245722

To submit your beatmap, send me a .osz file your beatmap, whether it be with google drive or with other methods (though using google drive would be prefferable)

Also if you wish to be a judge instead, you can message me here or on discord (yooo#6517), currently looking for more judges

Rules:

1. You can choose any song you like (My recommendation is around 30-60 seconds long)

2. IMPORTANT: The map must have EXACTLY 100 objects (Counting sliders, circles, spinners). If this requirement is not met, your map will be instantly disqualified!

3. Your beatmap's difficulty name must follow this format: 100 Objects Challenge - (your username)

4. It must not be uploaded by using the beatmap submission system, otherwise it will be disqualified

Judging:

Song representation (out of 10): How well your map represents the song, inculding your rhytmn choices etc.

Structure (out of 10): How well are your object placements and how well it flows

Creativity (out of 5): How well is your overall execution of the map under the 100 object restriction

Judge impression (out of 5): The judge's general impression of the whole map

BONUS: Understanding your map (out of 2): Record a pass of your map and get 1 point, FC your map and get 2 points

(Judging criteria subject to change)

Prizes:

1st place: 4 months of supporter
2nd place: 2 months of supporter
3rd place: 1 month of supporter

If interest is high enough, additional prizes may be added

Schedule:

Submission: 04/10 - 24/10
Judging: 25/10 - 31/10
Result Announcement and distribution of prizes: 1/11
VenerableNyanta
I'm in
[[[[[[
y know some people can just set their map to hp0 and get free point right?

sounds really cool tho
Topic Starter
Lp9

dPeace wrote:

y know some people can just set their map to hp0 and get free point right?

sounds really cool tho
Well since everyone can do that, it's not that big of a deal

Also imo if they have to resort to hp 0 to even pass their map, I don't think they understand their own map that much (unless its like a high star tech map or something)
lewski
understanding a map from a mapping POV is not the same as being able to process and play it in real time
Omekyu
i'm in
Silverboxer
cool
Floomy
in
bboybrian
in
Uniform
IN
Topic Starter
Lp9

Looking for 2 judges

Requirements: At least 1 ranked map and has not submitted a map to the contest

Reward: 1 month of supporter for each judge, paid out after judging is done
iaport
I really wish I could judge, but I guess I'll send a map in instead.
Topic Starter
Lp9
2 more days until the deadline, so if you still want to participate, now is your last chance
Topic Starter
Lp9

Submission period has ended

Await the results at 1st of november!
Omekyu
Results when 🥺
bboybrian
results plz
Topic Starter
Lp9
There is a bit of delay due to some judges still not being done with the judging, hopefully results will be today or tomorrow
i am very gay
results
Topic Starter
Lp9
The results have finally arrived!

1. 1st PLACE: Iglooghost - Pale Eyes by -nub

video link: https://streamable.com/2gmglm

This map is a suprise to say the least. About 2 minutes in length, while only using 100 objects in total, and still representing the music accurately with creative slider shapes, truly deserving of the 1st spot, and showcases -nub's talent as a mapper.

2nd PLACE: YAMEII - WRISK ft. DEKO by Silverboxer

video link: https://streamable.com/2ikc3n

A very solid map by Silverboxer, nicely showcasing the difference between the calm and intense sections, coupled with some interesting slider designs that create an intense, yet satisfying experience, earning Silverboxer the 2nd place.

3rd PLACE: Umeboshi Chazuke - Demo BGM by LimeTwist

video link: https://streamable.com/dmd410

This is a very simple, but quite polished map, with enjoyable gameplay, earning 3rd place. LimeTwist has shown everyone that sticking to the basics and having a ''Less is more'' apporach can still produce a satisfying result in the end.
Congratulations to the winners, and thank you for those mappers who participated. Most of your creations also were well made and enjoyable to play.

The rewards should have been distributed for all the winners upon the creation of this post, so enjoy your supporter, it's well deserved.

I hope this little contest was fun for everyone involved, more contests will be coming once I have some more spare money and have further become more competent in mapping

Google document, showcasing all the results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JnyEg1Rsa9qLJE7jHNSIk8x2HlcXG2Ea6fVoZXu9eR0/edit#gid=0

A download link of all the maps: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kt9lesehzhazy20/100_objects_maps.zip/file
Silverboxer
Thank you for hosting this! Cool submissions, especially from -nub :)
-nub
LimeTwist
:>
Omekyu
damn, most of the entries were so good, I am surprised tbh.

edit: is it allowed to upload your own map now?
Topic Starter
Lp9

Julaaaan wrote:

damn, most of the entries were so good, I am surprised tbh.

edit: is it allowed to upload your own map now?
yea sure go ahead
iaport
Eeeey, last place!
bboybrian
thanks for host! cliche, but i feel like i learnt something doing this