forum

Fading Specator List

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
Topic Starter
Rokodo
Myself and other players often get surprised by names suddenly popping up mid-game but still want to see who is watching us play. I am proposing a revised spectator list whereby the names fade in and out instead of appearing and disappearing instantly. This option would be graphical and as such should hold its own toggle in the options menu such as "Fade in/out spectator list".
[Sean]
+1 off the bat.

Great idea, would love to see it.
Omega
Yesplease! Twice over!(Out of stars)
Quaraezha
Supporting w/o stars :D
Alkaeid
+1 support (no stars ;_;)

Since I also get startled and miss mostly.
Aqua
Simple but nice.
Piotrekol
agreed but... no stars left
Zetta
Supporting but also out of stars (Aren't they supposed to regen every month?)
Kitsunemimi
I sort of agree with this... but... I'm not really that much impacted by.. well... a tiny line of text appearing at the top left of the screen. But it wouldn't hurt to add anyways.

I disagree with the toggle. Not only is this probably the most useless thing to toggle, but we already have WAY TOO MANY toggles for everything, and I'm almost certain that peppy will also disagree with adding a toggle.
dkun
Agree, but no stars left as well.
This would be pretty useful.
Sander-Don
no stars but i'll leave a reply.
OnosakiHito
No star, but yes please!
mm201
I'm gonna rage if the spectator list is one sprite.
peppy
Of course it is @mm. Else it would already fade.
Suimya
+Suppert
Anzo
nice one!

...support (no stars though)

Throwing some idea about this:

Some players spectate without the beatmap being played.. so I thought that putting a text color (with a fade) will also do to determine if the spectator has the beatmap, and not just by "(no beatmap)"... Since that I almost get surprised (and getting nervous) when I see the spectator's list but they do not have the beatmap...

Something like this...

Aqua
Alkaeid
Quaraezha
Omega

^a white for those with beatmaps installed, while an orange without beatmaps...
Haseo_old
Good idea. Might as well give it a star (if I had one).
Shiro
I support this. I'm this kind of people who react to anything, so when a name pops in the spectator list, I instantly turn my eyes on it (which isn't great when I'm playing). I still want to know when I am being spectated though, so turning it off is a no.