forum

Hi I'm new and my name's rem0ved!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rem0ved
Hello peeps! I'm rem0ved and I'm new to osu!

I'm 26 and this is basically my introduction to playing rhythm games (bit late, I know right!) so I wouldn't expect any great performance from me haha!
I found out about osu! from a recommended video of a 50 player battle that blew my mind, following that I watched a video about vaxei which shed a little more light on the game.

Soo, I thought I'd try this myself, and so far I'm having a lot of fun!
THAT_otaku
Welcome to osu! and the forums :P If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask ~
Topic Starter
rem0ved

THAT_otaku wrote:

Welcome to osu! and the forums :P If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask ~
Thank you! :)
Pikku Masa
Hi, it's great if youre already having fun. I remember the game being a bit tedious when I started out :)
osu was my first rhythm game as well, and I turned out fine I guess? At least I have been enjoying myself for years now!
If you want something to look forward to, in my experience the game got even more enjoyable once I got better and Im sure the same applies to you. But dont think about skills too much, especially not yet. Once you get all the basics down you can really start thinking about what kinds of things you want to achieve in the game. Theres plenty to do besides just ranking up! All the young people are going to shoot past us anyway.. :)
Also, finding maps can be a bit hard when youre new, I suggest that you find maps of songs you like, finding specialized maps is a skill of its own.

If you want to play, I could show some of the maps I played when I started out haha, or just talk about the game be sure to hmu
Topic Starter
rem0ved

Epinephrine wrote:

Hi, it's great if youre already having fun. I remember the game being a bit tedious when I started out :)
osu was my first rhythm game as well, and I turned out fine I guess? At least I have been enjoying myself for years now!
If you want something to look forward to, in my experience the game got even more enjoyable once I got better and Im sure the same applies to you. But dont think about skills too much, especially not yet. Once you get all the basics down you can really start thinking about what kinds of things you want to achieve in the game. Theres plenty to do besides just ranking up! All the young people are going to shoot past us anyway.. :)
Also, finding maps can be a bit hard when youre new, I suggest that you find maps of songs you like, finding specialized maps is a skill of its own.

If you want to play, I could show some of the maps I played when I started out haha, or just talk about the game be sure to hmu
To be honest, I feel the the osu mode is very newbie-friendly, or it might just be me, as mania and taiko is a bit much for me (mania mostly lol! :D ) Other than that, I've just been getting into 2star/normal level now and getting used to using 2 finger tapping, and it has been very satisfying getting down the overlapping beats :D
naruto5158
Wow... Uh, when I was your rank I had really terrible scores. I took a look at your profile and so far you are doing pretty great, good accuracy, and good scores :) Welcome to osu!
Topic Starter
rem0ved

naruto5158 wrote:

Wow... Uh, when I was your rank I had really terrible scores. I took a look at your profile and so far you are doing pretty great, good accuracy, and good scores :) Welcome to osu!
Thank you for the welcome! :) Oh really? That's cool to hear haha! I'm still sticking to low difficulty tracks, although I'm starting to step it up a little as I'm getting a little more comfortable :D
tatjok
Welcome to osu. Enjoy this beautiful game with a very active community where you can play both casually and competitively in the long run. Make sure to also check the skin forum as osu has tons of community-created skins, and many osu community discord server out there that you might be interested to join :)