forum

Are @2x files important?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reoru
I tried to make my own skin, but I forgot to make the @2x files. So... Is it okay to not make/put @2x files or do you MUST put it or the skin won't look good? Thank you!
shyperson0
Realistically, it shouldn't make a difference for most screen sizes, but on high resolution big monitors the difference is noticeable.

You don't really need them tho, they are optional.

For future reference, you can also make your skin at 2x resolution and downscale it.
Topic Starter
Reoru

shyperson0 wrote:

Realistically, it shouldn't make a difference for most screen sizes, but on high resolution big monitors the difference is noticeable.

You don't really need them tho, they are optional.

For future reference, you can also make your skin at 2x resolution and downscale it.
Oh, so you don’t have to put it then. Okay, thanks for the answer. I really appreciate it! :D
-TunaSliders-
If it was a skin for yourself and you have a high res screen, then yes they are important! I mean you can use normal elements but you can probably see the pixels :(
Topic Starter
Reoru

[DESLiZADORES] wrote:

If it was a skin for yourself and you have a high res screen, then yes they are important! I mean you can use normal elements but you can probably see the pixels :(
It's a skin for myself and I don't have a high res screen :(. My res screen is 1366x768. I think it should be fine using the normal elements... But, thanks for the answer! I hope you have a good day/night! >.<
Corne2Plum3
It's important when you have large screens (for example I've 1920x1080 screens), because the skin without @2x files looks bad on these screens.
Also, it's recommended to create @2x firsts becaue it's easier to work on it (imagine working on a 20x30 image...) and because then you can make no-@2x versions with @2x files. You can't do that in the other direction.