forum

Osu!MapExtractor Convert your Beatmaps back to .osz files

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chokonmainatsu
Hi, i want to share my little application, which converts all your beatmaps in your osu folder back into .osz files.

The reason i made this app, is sometimes maps are deleted and you can't really play them in multiplayer anymore, so i wanted to upload them to my cloud, to be able to easily share my beatmaps.

There are powershell scripts or other programs out there which can do that, but my songs folder is quite large and all these programs run singlethreaded and can take quite long.

So i made this in C++ and multithreaded, which copies all my 25 GB worth of beatmaps in minutes.

just enter the path to your songs folder and a output folder (which should be empty, as it may create a few files, depending on the size of your songs folder)

here the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HMOvEAXH98KBiB2vU4xa1HsT00UCz6e6/view?usp=sharing

https://github.com/gameskill123/OsuMapExtractor
oSumAtrIX
Can you put that to github?
Topic Starter
chokonmainatsu

oSumAtrIX wrote:

Can you put that to github?
added the link
EldinCaphalor
Thanks a lot for this cool tool.
Phantonym
Cool!
ShidoNats
Will this keep the date of the folder to the .osz file?
Reenuhhiguess
This was very helpful, thank you so much!
NeonLightsWO
Ty for Thread
maeyhem43
damn i was looking for this after i accidentally deleted 699 of my beatmaps. never thought that this tool actually exists thx a lot.
AlexRT2709
U R a genius!
Raisin0218
This was so helpfull! thank you so much
ForwardBranch36
Thanks so much!
full alt
I must ask, how much space does it save? For me it only went from 3.96GB to 3.7GB which is barely anything and honestly felt like a waste of time...could I have somehow done something wrong?
Zelzatter Zero

imtoxicated wrote:

I must ask, how much space does it save? For me it only went from 3.96GB to 3.7GB which is barely anything and honestly felt like a waste of time...could I have somehow done something wrong?
That's... not really how file compression works.

Yes it can save storage, but dealing with filetypes that are already compressed, such as .mp3 or .jpg, it's completely useless. And map files have a plethora of those.

Thus the program's intention was just to repackage maps folders into .osz files (which is basically .zip at its core) for better archiving, I don't think this suits your need.
JohnGamerYT3490
how convert osu to osz?
Artmedie
OMG guy thank you SO MUCH you're the best
JexTheGuest
does it work for unsubmitted maps?
H4yyroll
Yes, it works. It works on any gamemodes too. Pretty cool. :)
VanillaKeksik
nice
alysosu
this is awesome, thank you
ElectricHeart69
HOLY SH DUD
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!! pog!

i wanted to play quaver and saw it does support .osz files but i thought i had to reinstall them all to play quaver.
then i found u. thanks bro!
Belof
I want to kiss you
V1Wz
wow thank you so much
milkudesu
This was a life saver, thank you so much!!
koloz123
4 years later and it saved me from despair while trying to import 40gb of songs to lazer. THANK YOU