forum

[Mapping Contest] Mapping to Pander Contest #3 (Results are here!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Uberzolik

Looking for the results? Click here!

Looking for the previous contest? Click here!

Good morning.

It's time for yet another iteration of Mapping to Pander! Hope you're not tired of 'em yet.

For those unaware, Mapping to Pander (M2P) is an experimental contest with two primary features: there is only one judge, and you may map any song.

Your goal in this contest is simple: you must create a map that panders best to the chosen judge for the contest. The judge will not be given any criteria; it will be up to them how they score and rank the entries, either by making their own criteria, or simply sorting them from best to worst.

Each iteration of the contest will have a different judge, with different tastes and criteria from the last.
If you wish to be a judge for future rounds of this contest, do let me know!

There will be a few rules to abide by, but for the most part you are free to submit whatever song and map you desire.

Judge

The judge for this iteration of the contest will be the account creation to NAT speedrunner and Tech Mapper™ extraordinare...
Mir!

You may be wondering, how can I participate in this contest? Read below for the details!
Due to the nature of the contest, there's not as many rules as your typical contest, but it is still important that you adhere to them:

Entry Rules

1. osu!standard mode only.
  2. Entries will be anonymized. Please don’t add elements that will reveal your identity to the judge.
  3. Collabs are not allowed.
  4. Entries must obey the ranking criteria.
  5. Entries must not be uploaded to BSS; in other words, it must not be uploaded to the osu! website. This includes maps that you deleted in the past. I will check.
  6. No storyboards or videos.
  7. You must submit only one difficulty.

To Participate

There’s no special requirements to participate. Simply pick out a song and start mapping, and then submit your .osz file via one of the following methods:

1. Send a forum PM or chat message through the osu! website to Uberzolik with a link to your osz.
  2. Submit directly to Uberzolik#5241 via discord DMs.
You must submit your entry before May 4th 2021 23:59 UTC. Any entries received after this time will be disqualified.
I will only consider the last .osz I receive before the deadline, so please do not submit multiple entries!

Judging Criteria

The judging criteria is determined by the judge. For this iteration, Mir has stated the following:

UndeadCapulet wrote:

pishifat wrote:

“i like maps
it'll really just be how much i like it”
so true
"fax, no printer" -Mir

Rewards

1st Place: 3 months of osu!supporter!
2nd Place: 2 months of osu!supporter and the knowledge that you were almost cute enough but not quite
3rd Place: 1 month of osu!supporter and a pity headpat

Thanks to Ephemeral and wafer for sponsoring these.

When does it start?

Now! You can pick any song, so there is no set start date. Just make sure to submit before the deadline!

Do you want to flex your incredible fancy slider usage? Or maybe you just want to show off your awesome song choice? Either way, remember: have fun participating!
Mir
may the 4th be with you
GlaZe

Mir wrote:

may the 4th be with you
shut up
TangoZMango
:o
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
By the way, should I set up a discord server for this? I originally didn't do it since it seemed like too much hassle for essentially just reminder pings, but it seems like people would like those (as well as being notified that a contest has started).

Keep in mind that there will likely be a large break after this one, which might actually be a better reason to make one. Would love to get thoughts on that.
sisig
no way m2p #3

also i dont think u should set up discord server since current format is very charming and it would be sad if it were to be replaced with

wrote:

@participants m2p #3 has started
mir is judge
deadline is may 4
goodbye
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
Oh I'd still make the forum thread, the discord would mostly serve as a place to get reminders about deadlines as well as pings for when each contest begins.
[[[[[[

Uberzolik wrote:

By the way, should I set up a discord server for this? I originally didn't do it since it seemed like too much hassle for essentially just reminder pings, but it seems like people would like those (as well as being notified that a contest has started).

Keep in mind that there will likely be a large break after this one, which might actually be a better reason to make one. Would love to get thoughts on that.
ya
Mafumafu

Uberzolik wrote:

I guess a discord would work good as forum posts are usually less exposed and easily get buried under other posts tbh

you can use the cbce if you want
Evyl
Pog i hope ill be able to finish my map b4 the deadline lol
Pennek
Okay gang, it's time to split up and look for clues.
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
Here's a reminder that there's around 30 hours left to submit your entries!
Mir
u have around 0 hours for me monka
Mithia
monka
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
Bit of a delay on this one, been quite busy lately.

Here's the list of participants. Please let me know if you sent in an entry and aren't on this list, I likely missed your message!

1. [Keqing]
  2. A k i e
  3. Chaphe
  4. Chromat
  5. Mithia
  6. NotABox
  7. Rorupan L9
  8. Shanipika
  9. Umbra
  10. UndeadCapulet
  11. Your_Local_Hero
  12. Zelzatter Zero

I'll be shipping the entries to Mir promptly. Expect results within a week or so! (Assuming Mir takes as long as our previous judges, anyhow.)
VINXIS
Cant believe uber hasnt even posted the results yet
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
Good night everyone. Results are here!

This time, Mir has rated each entry out of 10! What's the criteria for the scoring, you may wonder? Well... I have no idea! Nevertheless, Mir has selected our top 3 to receive the prizes.

Our winner this round is...
UndeadCapulet!

That's right, UndeadCapulet has won... again! Their swing rhythm entry really hit home with our judge, earning it a whole two points over the second place! I highly suggest checking it out if you enjoy fun double-heavy swing rhythms with wacky sliders. I get some heavy Zero__wind vibes from this one. Check out their entry here!

Honorable mentions to Shanipika and Rorupan L9, who will be taking the 2nd and 3rd place prize, respectively.

I'm sure you're all interested in seeing what Mir wrote for each map, so here's the relevant links to check out the comments and entries!

Results

Entries

I will be contacting our sponsors and delivering the prizes shortly.

Thank you everyone for participating in these contests! This will be the last iteration, at least for the next few months. I think the novelty of it has worn out by now; it's good to give it a break so that it can stay as something fresh and fun to do every once in a while. Of course, if people still really want me to host these, I could change my mind, but that's my plan for the future. See you in a few months!
Mir
fast results be like lmao?

thanks for sending in your maps :D
wafer
UC winning again just proves how Epic they r at mapping 🙈
DeletedUser_1574070
iw ant judg e
Lott