forum

any tips on playing osu mania???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
selozitapiboong
i play on laptop keyboard should i switch to mechanical keyboard???? whats the different using laptop keyboard and the mechanical one (with cherry mx switch) and what is switch anyway??????? can i be a decent player using laptop keyboard only??? or i need mechanical keyboard????
Kolmas
just go with what you have and what feels good when using them, you don't necessarily need mechanical keyboard to become good. many people do feels more satisfying when playing with one, if you got spare money then sure, you can try. but if you don't then laptop keyboard can do you just as good

also post mania gameplay related discussion here next time -> community/forums/107
abraker
moved to mania subforum
edp446
Look at me baby, I use a laptop keyboard. I will say that releasing LNs doesn't seem to be very consistent.
- Marie -
I am an offline player, I submitted a random play just to be able to talk on this forum. mechanical keyboard makes a huge difference its insane. but you can still get good with laptop keyboard so don't feel like you can't improve at all. also, don't just play 4k. for most laptop keyboards you have to use shift as one of the keys to get 7 key rollover btw.
McEndu
Laptop keyboard is mostly enough.
It only becomes an issue when you play 7k either at high levels or using non-normal keybindings (LR2/beatoraja default, for example)
animeslayergp
try 7k
[LS]PositoniX

selozitapiboong wrote:

whats the different using laptop keyboard and the mechanical one (with cherry mx switch)
laptop keyboards usually have membrane keys as opposed to mechnical keys

selozitapiboong wrote:

and what is switch anyway???????
switches are the types of keys in a keyboard, i reccomend you research some different switch types to figure out something you might want. red and brown switches are the most popular

selozitapiboong wrote:

can i be a decent player using laptop keyboard only??? or i need mechanical keyboard????
depends. try pressing down 4 keys at once on your keyboard to hit a quad in osu!mania. if you cant hit a quad at once it means your keyboard has chord splitting (not allowing multiple inputs to be registered at once) which is common on laptop keyboards and can be a bit problamatic on harder files. if you dont have this issue you should be fine.
Topic Starter
selozitapiboong

[LS]PositoniX wrote:

selozitapiboong wrote:

whats the different using laptop keyboard and the mechanical one (with cherry mx switch)
laptop keyboards usually have membrane keys as opposed to mechnical keys

selozitapiboong wrote:

and what is switch anyway???????
switches are the types of keys in a keyboard, i reccomend you research some different switch types to figure out something you might want. red and brown switches are the most popular

selozitapiboong wrote:

can i be a decent player using laptop keyboard only??? or i need mechanical keyboard????
depends. try pressing down 4 keys at once on your keyboard to hit a quad in osu!mania. if you cant hit a quad at once it means your keyboard has chord splitting (not allowing multiple inputs to be registered at once) which is common on laptop keyboards and can be a bit problamatic on harder files. if you dont have this issue you should be fine.
Many thanks for the explanation!!!|

animesquadgp wrote:

try 7k
yes im practicing right now!!