forum

Songs to be a Masochist With

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deathrain_old
Well, for convenience I'll add all the songs listed here so you don't have to go searching through the other posts. In short, I'm extremely arrogant. Who gives a damn, right? I said easy to give a basic idea that the songs I listed are too easy. Sorry if anyone was offended by the way I put it. (I like to play spun out if you're wondering)

Here's the list.

Mutsuhiko Izumi - Tengoku to Jigoku [Another]
DM Ashura - deltaMAX [Ignore's Another]
DragonForce - Heroes of Our Time
Noisia - Groundhog (Beat Juggle)
goreshit - MATZcore
Swan Lake Orchestra - Hakuchou no Mizuumi
Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony+
Susumu Hirasawa - KIRBY Mix Compilation
Iku Akume - Slashmaid
Niko - Made of Fire [Oni]
Mushihime-sama Futari OST - Cry! Roar!!
Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman
Power-Pill - Pacman
t+pazolite - chipscape
Dimrain47 - Infernoplex
Taiko no Tatsujin - Haya Saitama2000 [Oni]
Shounen Radio - neu

Original OP wrote:

Yeah. About the thread title. I'm kind of tired of "slowly" progressing (even though I got as good as I am in 2 months). Anyone recommend a list of songs I can play to force skill upon myself?

I don't mean easy songs like;
-Banned Forever
-Emotional Skyscraper
-Rainbow Tylenol
-Revolution Deathsquad

I mean extra painful songs that will force me to get better to beat them. Songs that aren't impossible to beat (Like lemon tree), but make me want to rip my hair out (like pacman, Welcome to my F'ing Flower Garden and.. I'm not sure what else)

Any songs will do :3 I find this is necessary for the sake of everyone. :3
Hiyorin
Topic Starter
Deathrain_old

FruitTingles wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/96379 [Another]
Sheesh, jumps like crazy. Awesome :3 I set my tablet area smaller than the tablet so I move faster. So far so good.
Faust
Topic Starter
Deathrain_old

Faust wrote:

Oh, hello.
Haha I think we all know about that song :3 I'm sad that's an easy song for me now T.T I think I'll play it again. :P

Hmm.. Maybe I should start double timing songs.
aevv_old
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9395 doubletime is pretty nice

but i dont think you can call those songs easy when you're not ranking on them =/
Mismagius
I am surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Also, play some tag4 possible maps (like Don't Say Lazy or that retarded copy DJPop made of Reikin's U.N. Kanojo etc) and try to pass them.

Also, Groundhog.

EDIT: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24388
Hyguys
Arusha Shuna
no chipscape yet? :(?
awp
get someone to map Black Metal

instant 5.0
Mismagius

Arusha Shuna wrote:

no chipscape yet? :(?

Deathrain wrote:

-Banned Forever
-Emotional Skyscraper
-Rainbow Tylenol
-Revolution Deathsquad
If BF/RD/RT are easy, then chipscape is tutorial.
ShinYu_old
So, what about this one? http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7671
Lesjuh
Revolution Deathsquad easy? Where is your full combo on it then?
Shael_old

Lesjuh wrote:

Hyguys

Lesjuh wrote:

aevv_old
fanboy more

revolution deathsquad is easy boring
Mismagius

aevv wrote:

fanboy more

revolution deathsquad is easy boring
nah you just suck
aevv_old
nah just boring map
Topic Starter
Deathrain_old
I probably could, but I'm way too lazy. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like to play a song more than 10 times. There's a few exceptions. :3

But.. I guess it's more boring than easy.
Card N'FoRcE
KRZY

Deathrain wrote:

I probably could

Made my day
maay

Deathrain wrote:

I probably could, but I'm way too lazy. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like to play a song more than 10 times. There's a few exceptions. :3

americans...
dNextGen

Deathrain wrote:

talk less do more
Zhanger_old
did you even fc world's end
Kamikazefreak
Last time I checked, his recent activity showed a C at World's End.
And unless that was with DT or FL or something, that is not even close to being able to FC RevoDeathsquad haha ^^
Surviving maps is one thing. Getting a decent rank on them is a whole another thing :>
Avedas
lol
Cintax
obviously if you've passed a song once and achieved a C on it it's too easy! who FCs songs anymore, that might take actual skill or something

oop
Fabi
Zetta
Hey guys, look how big my penis is.
aevv_old

Zetta wrote:

Hey guys, look how big my penis is.
where? i cant see it
Zetta
You're standing on it
Topic Starter
Deathrain_old
ok then.. Since when was my passing of emotional skyscraper something recent? Who cares. My point is, is that revolution deathsquad is too easy. That doesn't mean that it IS easy. I'm giving popular "hard" songs as comparisons because I'm just tired of playing songs that I can beat.

Btw, I requested some songs (thanks btw for those who contributed) and half the posts aren't even productive. Unless making fun of me is being productive. Do you even know when the last time I even played revolution deathsquad was? This isn't a topic about discussing who can do what, it's a topic about where the hell are all the songs that break your hand?
waterfall

Deathrain wrote:

My point is, is that revolution deathsquad is too easy. That doesn't mean that it IS easy. I'm giving popular "hard" songs as comparisons because I'm just tired of playing songs that I can beat.

Deathrain wrote:

Yeah. About the thread title. I'm kind of tired of "slowly" progressing (even though I got as good as I am in 2 months).

-Revolution Deathsquad

Any songs will do :3
Ok, first of all you did call revolution deathsquad "easy" not just "too easy". You said any songs will do, but dismiss the songs people suggest. You also brag in the OP about how good you are after only two months, and wonder why people are making fun of you. (Also, claiming you can "probably beat" a song is both arrogant and rather implausible).

In all honesty, I suspect that you'll improve just fine trying to beat "easy" songs like revolution deathsquad rather than play songs that you don't even come close to beating.

This map is probably easier than what you're looking for, but I'm just bad at judging map difficulty (mainly because I'm terrible at difficult maps) http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25371
Topic Starter
Deathrain_old

waterfall wrote:

Deathrain wrote:

My point is, is that revolution deathsquad is too easy. That doesn't mean that it IS easy. I'm giving popular "hard" songs as comparisons because I'm just tired of playing songs that I can beat.

Deathrain wrote:

Yeah. About the thread title. I'm kind of tired of "slowly" progressing (even though I got as good as I am in 2 months).

-Revolution Deathsquad

Any songs will do :3
Ok, first of all you did call revolution deathsquad "easy" not just "too easy". You said any songs will do, but dismiss the songs people suggest. You also brag in the OP about how good you are after only two months, and wonder why people are making fun of you. (Also, claiming you can "probably beat" a song is both arrogant and rather implausible).

In all honesty, I suspect that you'll improve just fine trying to beat "easy" songs like revolution deathsquad rather than play songs that you don't even come close to beating.

This map is probably easier than what you're looking for, but I'm just bad at judging map difficulty (mainly because I'm terrible at difficult maps) http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25371
This will be my only post in reply to your posts. I refuse to go into a back and forth argument that gets nowhere.

Ok, first of all you did call revolution deathsquad "easy" not just "too easy".
Good job. A contradiction. Did you seriously believe that I meant that the songs were "easy"? Seriously, don't hold people back to exactly what they say. It just makes an ass of yourself for pointing it out and holding it against that person. Save that for court, for that's good observation.

You said any songs will do, but dismiss the songs people suggest.
WHAT? I DID NO SUCH THING. Nobody ONCE suggested revolution deathsquad. Perhaps you didn't read my entire last post when I said, "thanks btw for those who contributed."

You also brag in the OP about how good you are after only two months, and wonder why people are making fun of you. (Also, claiming you can "probably beat" a song is both arrogant and rather implausible).
I'm just going to stop you right there and say I never said I was good. I just said "As good as I am." Please read the OP. Also, did you think that I might have, oh I don't know, "UNDERESTIMATED" the difficulty of the song? Am I perfect, no. I don't know anyone who is.

Well this I can agree with to a certain extent. If I want to generally improve all attributes of my playing (accuracy and just plain skill) then I can steadily get better without having worries. I'm not that person unfortunately. For me, it's all or nothing. I dive right into a hard song because it's fun when you finally get to beat that song that you worked soo hard to beat. I play for fun and the challenge, not so much to get better and watch my accuracy and rank fly up.

Now, I will thank you for your contribution. I understand what you're trying to do by trying to attack me and point out all my mistakes and trying to answer my questions, but please, be a little more civil about it! I mean when you said "and wonder why people are making fun of you," that was just plain rude! Sorry for making an underestimation. People are only making fun of me because I underestimated revolution deathsquad.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a lot of fun with this thread :3, but can we please get back to posting handbreaking songs please? I think we're getting a little off-topic.... Nevermind.. I think we're getting REALLY off-topic.
Hiyorin
Waryas
Don't call a map easy unless you can A rank it AT LEAST if it's a hard map such as revolution deathsquad or/and top40 it.
It makes you sound presumptuous.

Tip : turn revolution deathsquad to hpdrain 8 and try to pass it.
show more