forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zym_
Sugar_owo
good game. i play lots of rhythm games and i like the design of it. seems pretty interesting and fun, as of i see many others get inspired from anything in the game. the original key bindings are kinda messy tho, but i dont mind.
heg-
for me it gets boring quickly. ill play it but id rather play something else instead
ClevelandsMyBro
idk. from first impression it just looks like another take on the mania thingy game. its cool if you like it but i'm really not interested about it.
EPIKSTA
I tried to play it when it first came out on newgrounds about two months before it was popular and I found the controls confusing, I think the idea for the game is good though. People who are into rhythm games reviewing it now are being quite stupid in my opinion as the game is still in developement and either way the game isn't even for people who are into rhythm games.
LaserGreen
Honestly the game is pretty fun, the art and music seem dope but the thing is, even with mods, there is not that much stuff you can do. But overall still great
yarWe
"its like DDR but you have to be on beat and stuff"
animeslayergp
i played the multiplayer version in roblox was pretty fun,but the actual games control is weird and i cant read upscroll
keremaru
It's fucking cool. Rap battles with old Newgrounds characters is poggers.
But then I discovered mods.
And now I play Funky Friday on Roblox.
People always want to play Ballistic on Funky Friday.

I like Friday Night Funkin' as a game, but the community can suck a salty cashew.
Sugar_owo

keremaru wrote:

I like Friday Night Funkin' as a game, but the community can suck a salty cashew.
i play funky friday on roblox just bc of the more variety of songs xd
animeslayergp

keremaru wrote:

loooool,i almost always win when people want to do that but ballistic is just spamed jacks so dont understannd why they do it

Sugar_owo wrote:

keremaru wrote:

i play funky friday on roblox just bc of the more variety of songs xd
funky friday,im dead and the extra song variety is nice to
Sugar_owo
if i ever play funky friday i play with friends and dominate the shit outta them bc
1. they cant play rhythm games correctly
2. they use the arrow keys it's impossible at this point
3. they succ
DasDimo
Nice Game so far but I prefer The VS. Whitty Mod because you can See Replays, Make Settings and Have 120FPS. But its a Nice Rythm-Game :)
epic man 2
ive never played the game but one thing is why do people start getting overhyped over a new hardest map mod when they havent seen the harder maps in mania 4k
Topic Starter
Zym_
THAT_otaku
Haven't played it myself but just seems like a very limited version of already available content filled games. not sure what the hype is about
ClevelandsMyBro

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

idk. from first impression it just looks like another take on the mania thingy game. its cool if you like it but i'm really not interested about it.
aye i've decided to download and try out the game for myself. anyways here is my take on the game.

controls are absolutely horrendous. WASD/arrow keys? really? atleast let me change the keybinds for better expirience. no ranking panel which is a must for rhythm games. there are no offset changer nor hit error which are also important for rhythm games. music is nice at the least. not a big fan of it but its just subjective and personal taste. characters are cute ig. i mean people doesnt play a rhtyhm game just to see the characters anyways and it becomes kinda disrtacting for me.

all in all, FNF as a game; its good. FNF as a rhythm game; not so good. i think im just going to play this game sporadically once in a while.
Sugar_owo
I've been playing for a bit now so i guess i can give my full opinion.

The unchangeable key bindings are killing me but i found a way to make it easier for me by just using the keys "AS" and the arrow keys "UP RIGHT" but it's annoying that u cant just change the keys to whatever ur comfortable with.
I really like the song selection they have, but I'm more biased towards liking something that has close taste to mine lmao.
The characters are cute af like just look at the design they have hehe~
I don't really care about ranking panels, so nothing to say about that unlike the user above me said.
The worst problem I have is that there is no way to change the offset and speed of what ur playing which really sucks for some people.

Anyways that's really it. It's a good game and all but the stuff I pointed out kind of sucks. We all have different opinions though ^^
MicrobioIogy
In my opinion the game is pretty good and I think its well made but the community makes me want to gatekeep hard. They most likely do not know how hard rhythm games can get and people that are actually good at pressing buttons but at least it is causing the rhythm game community to grow more and more with the hype its getting.
Moon7143
it's a meh for me, but with mods it gets really interesting
PentagonGlxy
Guys i just made a FNF taiko map : beatmapsets/1426100
I am wondering if you will like it.
Also I am a big fan of FNF.
animeslayergp

PentagonGlxy wrote:

Guys i just made a FNF taiko map : beatmapsets/1426100
I am wondering if you will like it.
Also I am a big fan of FNF.
i would if it were mania or ctb :-:
PentagonGlxy
just wait until you see!
yarWe
i gave it a try but i got bored 2 minutes in to the game
epic man 2

Zym_ wrote:

epic man 2 wrote:

ive never played the game but one thing is why do people start getting overhyped over a new hardest map mod when they havent seen the harder maps in mania 4k
Well to most people, Friday Night Funkin was one of their first introductions to rhythm games. So they would probably think mini jack spam, or faster scroll speed = hard. But people who have played mania games like osu!mania, or etterna, know this is obviously not true. Also, this video pretty much sums up my opinions on the game and it's community: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmvIuCQMBdQ
Yeah, I saw that video when it came out.

I can't tell if the charting meta for Friday Night Funkin' modding is getting better, but at least some people in the community can understand what makes a chart with decent patterning which pretty much matters as a long time Osu!Mania mapper myself.
SSkybound
I think it's fine. There isn't much to write home about.. it's just average. The music is probably the best part in my opinion, as the engine and customization doesn't have much going for it.
show more