forum

Glassmorphism [STD][SD/HD]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
spiefie99

About
Skin based off the glassmorphism design style with the goal of creating an aesthetically pleasing interface, while maintaining a clean, uncluttered play space.

First time making my own hitsounds. They're not great, but hey they, work I guess.

It's mostly finished, just needs touching up here and there. Feedback is definitely appreciated for better iterations of the skin!

Screenshots! (1.1)

Video preview

Download!

Upcoming changes
To Do
- Touch up on elements (increase consistency).
1.2 Change log
- Fixed incorrect spelling on menu-background
- Updated pause-loop and applause
- New extras folder
- Includes a no UI scorebar-bg
- fringeless score numbers
- Full ranking panel
- Added more depth to blobs
- Updated scorebar-bg
- Changed hitsounds (They're kinda bad)
1.3 Change log
- Removed blur on edges for a few elements
- Balanced out the top and bottom for fail screen
- Made hitsounds less sucky
- Reduced frames for animations
- Fixed issues on ranking panel
- No play field on scorebar bg, moved to extras folder
- Smaller file size, yay!

Credits
click
Pause-loop is from Bensound.com.
Applause is AI generated from Evoke Music.
clx
Looks simply beautiful!

I would love it if there was a non-UI version of the scorebar-bg included in a separate folder. But otherwise, it's perfect.
Topic Starter
spiefie99

clxxiii wrote:

Looks simply beautiful!

I would love it if there was a non-UI version of the scorebar-bg included in a separate folder. But otherwise, it's perfect.
Added a non-UI version for the scorebar-bg! Find it in the extras folder in the Google drive.
h3oCharles
reminds me of Galvit's Blobs skin
Tegui
Very nice skin got great colors, is good looking and i can read with it so yeah i enjoyed it
Hina_GBP
Looks amazing, shame about the file size though.

EDIT: I take back what I said about file size. Nice work!
h3oCharles
while i appreciate the credited hitsounds, do you have a screenshot of permission of using them? the competition rules want that
RockRoller
I took a closer look at this skin, since its submitted to the contest, and here are the things I noticed. Just a head ups, I tend to only point out the negative parts, so don't expect a lot of praise.

If you address any of these and want me to look at the skin again feel free to message me either here on osu or on discord.

feedback

General

1. the file size is wayy to big, especially for a minimalistic skin. Using pinga this skin went from 200mb to 100mb
  2. the animations could use 30fps instead of 60fps and would be just fine, saving many megabytes. maybe even go to like 20fps or so

Song Selection

1. the edges are blurry, while everything else is sharp
  2. selection-tab has the little gimmick where you can actually see the selected tab, always happy too see that
  3. I think there are better icons for the selection-x icons, dont really feeling these
  4. catch icon is rotated
  5. icons should probably be a bit smaller

Gameplay

1. lighting and comboburst are not blanked out
  2. the border doesn't really fit, the cutout for the progress bar is not properly aligned with the accuracy, overall I think it would be better without the border
  3. the frame for the scoreboard has a gap at the top and no rounding, but that wouldn't be a problem if its gone https://kurisu.s-ul.eu/OETRtRec.png

Pause and fail screen

1. top part of the fail menu may be a bit heavy

Ranking-Panel

1. no button to submit the rating https://kurisu.s-ul.eu/70Xgd7fJ.png
  2. these cutouts should have some border-radius inside https://kurisu.s-ul.eu/KovT7OC4.png
Rice gang
nise
praples
very cool skin!!

is there a 4:3 version as the ranking panel dosnt line up?
ommerr
looks very nice well done!
Topic Starter
spiefie99

praples wrote:

very cool skin!!

is there a 4:3 version as the ranking panel dosnt line up?
Unfortunately not my friend, sorry!