forum

Do you actually pay attention to your class in school?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wowcake
My brain just decided to "alright, i'm going to head out" when a more complicated thing is being explained
LimeTwist
Same
animeslayergp
i didint
WitherMite
history and math, no, I could always just teach myself better than I could in school, since the internet exists, and history tests were always just common sense stuff, as they were moving away from memorizing dates and focusing more on what we can learn from history. I slept though my junior year of US history and still passed with a b, the teacher did not like me when I would ace the tests after sleeping the whole class...

english and science were different, Im actually kind of interested in science and english requires you to know the material to participate in the dicussions.
z0z
sometimes, i'm too tired to actually care the other times
Topic Starter
wowcake

WitherMite wrote:

history and math, no, I could always just teach myself better than I could in school, since the internet exists, and history tests were always just common sense stuff, as they were moving away from memorizing dates and focusing more on what we can learn from history. I slept though my junior year of US history and still passed with a b, the teacher did not like me when I would ace the tests after sleeping the whole class...

english and science were different, Im actually kind of interested in science and english requires you to know the material to participate in the dicussions.
You sure showed that teacher, haha

Yeah, i think it's actually unnecessary to focus to subjects that you are not interested on
Nuuskamuikkunen
I do always pay attention, take notes and such buuuuut...

home assignments are hell for me.
pentaqola
i don't have online classes but when it comes to modules i give almost zero shits and rush it out

sometimes if there are activities like drawing and such, i'll do more better but yea
ClevelandsMyBro
i would try to remain focus the whole class until it gets boring or really confusing or i got sleepy. science (physics, biology, chemistry), geography, and sociology has been really hard. meanwhile math and english is a breeze.
Topic Starter
wowcake

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

i would try to remain focus the whole class until it gets boring or really confusing or i got sleepy. science (physics, biology, chemistry), geography, and sociology has been really hard. meanwhile math and english is a breeze.
You gotta teach me how to do Math sometimes later c:
sharpress
if i can't concentrate i normally just play games while listening, perks of online uni!
Topic Starter
wowcake

sharpress wrote:

if i can't concentrate i normally just play games while listening, perks of online uni!
I'm impressed @_@
Sugar_owo
i concentrate.

only if the shit is a week before a test because that's fucking important to my family otherwise i'm not listening..
ghoulybits
I usually use my phone during zoom classes but occasionally I pay attention to what the teacher's saying. I used to be able to pay a lot more attention in class pre-COVID, but online school combined with senioritus has killed my drive.
keremaru
Sometimes I pay attention.
Most of the time, I'm just watching YouTube and waiting for the conversation to either call my name or the class to end.
Like ghoulybits, senioritis has killed my motivation for things that I just don't care about. Music and Japanese class actively keep me up, and I actually want to be there for those moments. Marine Science is interesting, too, but I'm mostly just doing math for "fun facts" (like how many burgers a person would have to eat to match the diet of a minke whale). But I just slack off for the rest of the classes; English, History and Gym. I don't have to try in English or Gym, and History is the class subject I hate with a passion.

TL;DR, it depends on the class.
[RUE]Bambinex
When I'm at high school, I'm trying, but even here it's still difficult sometimes. At home, I just don't care lmao
Rebel_Fox
no
Shururearisumu
I don't pay attention to certain subjects that only requires common sense/good behavior. The subjects that have formulas, branches and all that type of shit, that's when I actually pay attention because not even my common sense gets it.
[ Rynn ]
i usually read the forums and chat on discord, but i still pay attention from time to time
keremaru

keremaru wrote:

Sometimes I pay attention.
Most of the time, I'm just watching YouTube and waiting for the conversation to either call my name or the class to end.
Like ghoulybits, senioritis has killed my motivation for things that I just don't care about. Music and Japanese class actively keep me up, and I actually want to be there for those moments. Marine Science is interesting, too, but I'm mostly just doing math for "fun facts" (like how many burgers a person would have to eat to match the diet of a minke whale). But I just slack off for the rest of the classes; English, History and Gym. I don't have to try in English or Gym, and History is the class subject I hate with a passion.

TL;DR, it depends on the class.
I still only sometimes pay attention.
Even though it's my fourth quarter, and I have to pass this quarter or risk repeat. I'm not repeating any aspect of high school.
I should probably get serious, because my family wants me to graduate.
ShinRun
I usually don't, if you know me quite well, you know that school isn't something I care for
Nuuskamuikkunen
Surprised I'm the only one that pays attention...

That saves you a lot of time of studying, reading twice for me is usually enough.

Despite written tests being my speciality, in examinations like writing papers or reports I usually flop, i'm unable to concentrate at all smh.
Asian Warlord
HELL NO, WHO EVEN PAYS ATTENTION IN CLASS?
animeslayergp

Asian Warlord wrote:

HELL NO, WHO EVEN PAYS ATTENTION IN CLASS?
lol
rematyar
in online school, no
but offline school, probably
Dean Herbert
It depends on the class I'm in.
I can miss an entire class and be fine for computer science, so I rarely pay attention.
If I look away for just two minutes in matrix algebra I say goodbye to my grade.
THAT_otaku
Nah lol, unless it's somehow interesting or I absolutely have to. And I still get great grades, which pisses off my friends haha, sorry not sorry to them :p
YyottaCat
Chinese is boring as hell.
Phantonym
Well, if its intresting i'm listening.
[ Rynn ]

Phantonym wrote:

Well, if its intresting i'm listening.
z0z
not really

probably why i do quite a bit of work on my own time outside of school just to keep up with school
uhhim_lazy
No, my adhd brain wont let me
show more