forum

Selection Menu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
260 bpm
Im currently trying to make my first skin. But when I put the photoshopped images more specifically the selection-mode they don't come out to be the highest quality. does anyone know how to fix this??
RockRoller
Do you mean that they look like they have a lot of artifacts or jagged edges? If yes, make sure that you did not change the quality settings for the export.
Topic Starter
260 bpm
Its Very blurry like when I put my image on the selection mode the image and my color comes out to be very blurry.
RockRoller
Hmm, can you provide some psds files and a screenshot what it looks like on your end?
Topic Starter
260 bpm
i cant firgure out how to attach the files. mind letting me know im like new so sorry!
RockRoller
You can not upload files directly to osu!!, you need to upload them to a service like mega, mediafire or gdrive and then provide their link (just look up on google how to get to the links for the file hosters, but usually its some right-click sub menu).
ALternatively you can also send them to me via discord if you have that. RockRoller#1909
Topic Starter
260 bpm
RockRoller
Hmm, I don't really see a problem on the screenshot you send? But that may be because its a jpg screenshot. Please set screenshots to be png images in osus options and send a new one.
Topic Starter
260 bpm
RockRoller
Hmm, so I assume one of the problematic areas are the white outlines which seem blurry? This actually doesnt have anything to do with you exporting the thing wrongly, its just that it actually is low quality in your psd file. It looks like you drew them with the brush or something, while you really should be using the rectangle or line tool
Topic Starter
260 bpm
ahh thanks!, one more question though. do I have to resize any of my files to 1920 by 1080 cause the one I sent the screenshots with arent osk. because I dont have the Skin finish would making it a osk. change the res at all??
RockRoller
You probably want to read the tutorial: https://tutorial.skinship.xyz/tutorial/introduction

You don't have to resize anything really to get 1080p compatability, its just recommended to have HD and SD files, but the tutorial will explain all of that.
Topic Starter
260 bpm
Thanks!
I also believe that solved my problem considering no of my files at @2x currently.