forum

What are certain parts of the GUI named in the skin folder?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
osuspls
I was trying to edit the image in the bottom right in the song selection screen, but I can't visually identify which image it is in the skin folder looking at the previews.

Also the skin folder seems to be convoluted with 100s of duplicates of some images with a @2x version, which seems reasonable, but also just with some postfix number, do these copies server any meaningful purpose?
JustABeginner
Hi osupls!

Have you try looking at "selection-mode" or any name with the word "selection"?
The @2x is the suffix for HD sprites, meaning it gives the skin element a better quality by multiply 2 times of its original size.
And I believe postfix number is where there are numbers 0, 1, 2... followed by the filename. Those are the skin elements that can be animated in the game. The animated element are broken down into shots of images, naming accordingly 0, 1, 2 and so on.
Topic Starter
osuspls
Ah yeah, thanks, that was exactly it. Is there also a way to have the overlay change as well that shows up when you hover over the circle in the bottom right? (because right now it's just the osu! circle that doesn't fit the skin's theme)
Zelzatter Zero

osuspls wrote:

Ah yeah, thanks, that was exactly it. Is there also a way to have the overlay change as well that shows up when you hover over the circle in the bottom right? (because right now it's just the osu! circle that doesn't fit the skin's theme)
sadly you can't